Author Topic: primitives being disgusting  (Read 432 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives being disgusting
« on: June 05, 2009, 10:18:24 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5786540

Oh my.

Cleita  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 07:42 PM
Original message

Disgusting. We will not be able to protest for health care. They won't let us.

I was just catching up with today's Thom Hartmann's radio show pod casts and he interviewed Dr. Flowers, a pediatrician who was one of the protesters arrested for speaking up for single payer representatives at Senator Baucus's committee hearings for health care.

The Senator was conducting a meeting with all the corporate insurance and health care industry representatives, but would not allow even one single payer universal health care advocate to speak. She and others were arrested for disrupting the meeting. However, usually these arrests only amount to getting a citation.

Today, Dr. Flowers says they are going to be charged with multiple charges that could get them six months in jail if Senator Baucus doesn't drop the charges. There is nothing in the media about this. All I could find was a link to the original story.

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/may/baucus_healthcare_pl....

I don't think anyone who wants meaningful health care reform should let this go. Contact Senator Baucus's office and demand that he drop charges on the doctors and nurses who were arrested that day for exercising their freedom of dissent, which at one time was protected by the Constitution.

Senator Max Baucus
511 Hart Senate Office Building,
District of Columbia 20510-2602
Phone: (202) 224-2651
Fax: (202) 224-9412

Hmmm.  I thought Thom Hartmann, that one guy Doug's ex-wife gets all tumescent over, had died recently.  That must have been Pete Comejo, another media celebrity Doug's ex-wife gets tumescent over.  One can't keep these fab celebs straight.

FiveGoodMen  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 07:45 PM
Response to Original message

1. That's it. The Democratic Party is dead.

And dead to me.

Nader was right after all. There is no difference.

Fumesucker  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 07:54 PM
Response to Reply #2

9. How do you plan on "holding their feet to the fire"? 

Honestly, I don't understand what can be done..

Cleita  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 07:57 PM
Response to Reply #9

12. For one, contact his office and tell him you are disgusted. 

If enough people do it they get the message.

Yeah, yeah.

Max Baucus represents Montana, with circa 800,000 people.

Those 800,000 are the only people Max Baucus has to pay attention to.

One can see all these non-Montana primitives e-mailing Max Baucus.....

Cleita  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 08:48 PM
Response to Reply #22

23. They give a damn if there are thousands and preferably millions of contacts.

Unfortunately, in the lead up to the Iraq war, the Republicans were in charge and then they really didn't give a damn. No matter how inconsequential your one letter or phone call seems, when they are multiplied by many, there are results. They are now talking about a public option even though it was "off the table" when discussions began. This is different though it's about mistreating those activists who chose to exercise their rights to dissent.

One suspects the Cleita primitive isn't a Montanan.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: primitives being disgusting
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 04:26:52 PM »
Quote from:
Cleita

55. Yep, we need a million person march on Washington, health care providers and patients, which means all of us. I don't know who can organize and lead it though. If someone does, maybe in the fall when Congress reconvenes, I'll be there.

Complains but doesn't have enough enthusiasm to do anything but complain.

Primitives are lazy.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.