Author Topic: Why do nearly half of Americans vote Republican? Cyrano  (Read 1977 times)

Online CC27

Why do nearly half of Americans vote Republican? Cyrano
« on: July 15, 2016, 03:38:18 PM »
Cyrano (9,282 posts)

Why do nearly half of Americans vote Republican?

Okay, here are a few answers I can figure out:

• They come from wealth, their family has always voted Republican, and it’s a tradition/habit.

•They are fundamentalist Christians who believe the world was made for white Christian men.

•They are “patriots” who believe America is for … Damn, it's so obvious. They hate every version of the “THEMS.” And those “THEMS” can be black, brown, yellow, Muslim, Jews, Hindus, Shinto, or anything other than a conservative, white Christian man. (And, oh yeah, they especially hate white, Liberal American men.)

•They think women are property and should not have a vote.

•Far too many of them are mentally challenged.

Those are about the only reasons I can think of that would make almost half of the people in this country vote for a Republican.

Have any more? Let’s hear them.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028014311

Mentally challenged? Look in the mirror asshole.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Re: Why do nearly half of Americans vote Republican? Cyrano
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »
As the great philosopher Tsingtao ,or, perhaps it was Moo Shu said "One who does not understand his enemy is well and truly forked".

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 03:51:36 PM »
Reason almost half the population votes Democrat.

Free $hit.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 04:02:42 PM »

Response to Cyrano (Original post)

Fri Jul 15, 2016, 02:20 PM

Star Member lapfog_1 (15,197 posts)

2. They hate "libruls"

They believe that liberals lie, that they are weak, and that they "libruls" hate America.

Mostly its that they resent that we liberals typically make more money and are better educated and that we dismiss their opinions (usually for good reasons like their opinions are not fact based). 

How does that jive with Cryano's assertion that we're all fabulously wealthy?

Here's a more thoughtful reply:

Fri Jul 15, 2016, 02:39 PM

Star Member FLPanhandle (6,391 posts)

7. I have many Republican friends and family members

None of your reasons would apply to them. None of them are rich, patriots, Christian fundamentalists, etc. They do have concerns about losing their jobs overseas, they do have concerns about losing their jobs to illegal immigration, they do have concerns that the Democrats are more focused on Muslim refugees than their own communities.

It's your simplistic, "look down your nose at the unwashed masses" attitude that some liberals have that is a problem with growing our party base.

I would say most people vote for the party they feel is out to help them.

The better question is why do so many people feel the Democratic Party isn't about helping them?

A smart approach would be to address the concerns of the working class white republican voters and not dismiss legitimate concerns.

Democrats need to stop insulting voters and look in the mirror as to why they are not attractive to more voters.

Fri Jul 15, 2016, 04:36 PM

TeddyR (2,308 posts)

35. The idea that people only vote Republican

Because they are "mentally challenged," "fundamentalist," rich, misogynists, or "patriots" is a very elitist, condescending attitude. I've known people who voted Republican for any number of legitimate reasons, and to think that Republicans only attract someone who is mentally challenged or holds some hateful attitude says a lot about why we can't get anything accomplished in this country.

Most of the other responses are predictable, "low information," "against self-interest" "dumb."   :yawn:  Big Dog is right, and I love it that they don't know us at all and never have a prayer to. 

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 04:09:11 PM »
Why do nearly half of Americans believe other people should pay for their lives?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 04:10:42 PM »
Jeez, what a bunch of absolute garbage.  And that's offensive to garbage.

Personally, I'm not conservative for any of those stupid ass theories that DUmbass Cyrano subscribes to.

Roll another doobie & wallow in your misery.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 04:14:59 PM »
Shhhhh! We need Cyrano's elitist delusions to pervade the D Party!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 06:13:27 PM »
Quote from:
Cyrano

Okay, here are a few answers I can figure out

Problem #1: You don't know how to function beyond what the gov't tells you to do, so how do you plan to "figure out" anything on your own?

Problem #2: You owning up to problem #1.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 06:40:18 PM »
Star Member lapfog_1 (15,197 posts)

2. They hate "libruls"

They believe that liberals lie, that they are weak, and that they "libruls" hate America.

Mostly its that they resent that we liberals typically make more money and are better educated and that we dismiss their opinions (usually for good reasons like their opinions are not fact based). 

Make more money?  BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  The majority of dems are on the government dole.  Better educated? Depends on what you define as educated.  Can a PhD fix his car?  Rewire his house? Replumb his house?  Probably not. Does that mean said PhD is not educated and the people that can do the above are? 

Dismissing our opinions is a very good reason.  How many times have I heard from you dummies that I vote against my best interests.  I earn a pretty good salary and don't depend on the government to feed, house and clothe me. You dummies on the other hand cannot seem to.  So logic would dictate that I am smart enough to vote for my best interests... which does not entail voting for representatives that want to take my money and give it to idiots such as yourself.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 06:51:19 PM »
Growing up my father, a United Steelworkers Union member, always told me the democrats are for the working man.

When I started working, got married, bought a house I asked my father why the democrats were always taking more of the working man's money. He said he didn't have time and don't interrupt the ballgame.  :thatsright:

I changed my registration.  :-)
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 07:06:09 PM »
Growing up my father, a United Steelworkers Union member, always told me the democrats are for the working man.

When I started working, got married, bought a house I asked my father why the democrats were always taking more of the working man's money. He said he didn't have time and don't interrupt the ballgame.  :thatsright:

I changed my registration.  :-)
Sounds like a "Bouncy"! 😃
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline J P Sousa

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 07:08:30 PM »

It's absolutely TRUE.  :-)

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 07:19:01 PM »
Having some time on my hands, I'll see how I fit into Cyrano's understanding of R voters (which I usually do):

• They come from wealth, their family has always voted Republican, and it’s a tradition/habit.
My family was not wealthy, nor am I. My Dad was a registered R, and my Mom a registered D. I don't fit here.

•They are fundamentalist Christians who believe the world was made for white Christian men.
I'm a Charismatic Evangelical, not a Fundamentalist, but I'll give Cyrano a pass on this due to ignorance and apathy. He doesn't know the difference, and doesn't care. As for the latter part of this speculation, the two churches I've attended since 1989 - is that going far enough back? - have and have had blacks, Hispanics, and East Asians on their pastoral staffs, as well as women. So, even with the pass on his ignorance and apathy about what a Fundamentalist is, I don't fit here.

•They are “patriots” who believe America is for … Damn, it's so obvious. They hate every version of the “THEMS.” And those “THEMS” can be black, brown, yellow, Muslim, Jews, Hindus, Shinto, or anything other than a conservative, white Christian man. (And, oh yeah, they especially hate white, Liberal American men.)
My answer above covers this, but I'll go a little farther. One of my children married a couple of years ago. The spouse we had the joy of welcoming into our family is not of European ancestry. Another of my children - whom we help support - is attending a university in Central China, learning Mandarin and studying Chinese culture. So, I don't fit here.

•They think women are property and should not have a vote.
This takes dumb to a whole new depth of stupid. Suffice it to say, when I go to the polls to vote, Mrs. SVPete comes with me and also votes; our daughters have voted when they could since the were eligible to vote. I don't fit here, either. Noticing a pattern?

•Far too many of them are mentally challenged.
Oh, brother! My wife has a BA, and I have an AA. My wife works with PHI and other healthcare information, within the exacting and complex requirements of HIPAA. I've worked as a technician and engineer in electronics for several decades. It's safe to say that I/we don't fit here.

Cyrano's problem here is one of, again, ignorance and apathy. He doesn't understand Rs and conservatives, and doesn't care. His fantasy world Rs and conservatives are safer than real-world Rs and conservatives.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:21:35 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 09:53:16 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 11:31:56 PM »
Most of the other responses are predictable, "low information," "against self-interest" "dumb."   :yawn:  Big Dog is right, and I love it that they don't know us at all and never have a prayer to.

Thank you, ma'am!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 06:19:08 AM »
All he has are bigoted stereotypes and straw- men. I'll bet even money he's never met an actual conservative in his entire miserable life.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 06:55:13 AM »
All he has are bigoted stereotypes and straw- men. I'll bet even money he's never met an actual conservative in his entire miserable life.

His stereotypes certainly would hinder recognizing any he chanced to meet.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2016, 09:36:11 AM »
How does that jive with Cryano's assertion that we're all fabulously wealthy?

Here's a more thoughtful reply:

The other one is "I would say most people vote for the party they feel is out to help them"

It is, in fact, the democrat who does that for the most part. A true conservative votes for what is right and forms his own behaviors and life around it. The typical leftist is quite the opposite. Primitives are incapable of seeing the hypocrisy and self-serving behavior that they exhibit as being anti-social in any way. They aren't capable of wearing other shoes... to them, it's easier to comprehend infinity than to grasp the idea that someone else has a differing opinion that is just as if not more relevant than theirs.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2016, 01:10:32 PM »
Cyrano (9,282 posts)

Because half of the American people are still sane.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline J P Sousa

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2016, 05:24:47 PM »

CMD

Yes, unfortunately ONLY half.  :censored:

~John Wayne

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »

CMD

And pay taxes.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2016, 08:11:25 PM »

Didn't start with "So...," no nodding and smiling in approval (much less applause) from adoring strangers, no cops jumping out of bushes.

1-1/2 bongs for the "don't interrupt the ballgame."
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2016, 10:00:46 PM »
Because half of the American people are....

not retarded infants?

I not only want you miscreant defects to die. I want you to die horribly, in extreme pain and as grotesquely as possible.

That sum it up?    :bird:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 09:41:54 AM »
I not only want you miscreant defects to die. I want you to die horribly, in extreme pain and as grotesquely as possible.

You need to be a bit more . . . direct.  Don't be so evasive! :wink: :tongue: :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2016, 12:18:58 PM »
not retarded infants?

That sum it up?    :bird:

You forgot something. Die soon.