Author Topic: Favorite Reality Show  (Read 19592 times)

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
Favorite Reality Show
« on: April 09, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »
I was talking to some Co Workers and we were all talking about our favorite Reality shows and the ones we would love to try out and get on. I am curious to see what others on here would pick and why. My dad and I keep saying that we would love to try and get on Amazing race we both love to travel and seeing the world on someone eles dime would be great.
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Favorite Reality Show
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 10:36:07 PM »
There really isn't a reality show I'd like to get involved with.  Just the thought of having cameras on me 24/7 creeps me out.  I don't want people following my life. 

If I were overweight and obese, I'd try to get on The Biggest Loser though.  That show isn't that bad.  lol
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 01:29:14 AM »
I hate reality shows... they're pointless, trashy, cheap to make, and even worse to watch.  I have to wonder what the hell is going on with TLC and the History Channel, because this junk seems to be 50% of their programming schedule.

The only show I bother looking at is 'Pawn Stars'.  Chumlee is overrated, but the Old Man cracks me up. 
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 03:03:42 AM »
I'd try to go for the Amazing Race.  Some of the challenges they do look like a blast, plus you don't need to worry about "alliances".  Big Brother is ok, but there's just too much paranoia and backstabbing.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 04:06:10 AM »
I miss The Mole.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 06:17:48 AM »
"Kirstie Alley's Big Life"

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 07:16:11 AM »
If I were overweight and obese, I'd try to get on The Biggest Loser though.  That show isn't that bad.  lol

We could mail order pastries and have them shipped to your house to help you get on the show, 'cuz that's the kind of friends we are.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 08:44:45 AM »
Amazing Race.  I would love to do something like that, not necessarily on TV though. 

R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 08:51:55 AM »
We could mail order pastries and have them shipped to your house to help you get on the show, 'cuz that's the kind of friends we are.

Amazon.com has all kinds of fatty goodness waiting to ship.

Offline debk

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 11:49:17 AM »
I'd try to go for the Amazing Race.  Some of the challenges they do look like a blast, plus you don't need to worry about "alliances".  Big Brother is ok, but there's just too much paranoia and backstabbing.

An agent I work with, was on with her husband ...the 3rd? season. They were kicked off the 3rd or 4th round and spent the rest of the time at some resort in the Caribbean. She said it was a blast doing the show, but the 3 weeks spent at the resort was even better.

The show is all done in about 40 days. She said the hardest part was after they got home and not able to tell anyone what they had done, when they were kicked off, and who won.

I watch Dancing with the Stars, Food Channel, HGTV and DIY...not sure if those count as reality shows. I do occasionally watch Platinum Weddings on WE.....it facinates me how much money these people spend on a wedding!!! Watched one a couple of weeks ago, the father shelled out $1.35 MILLION for his daughter's wedding! Bride and groom's parents were both Pakistani, and the kids were born in the US...they all lived in CA.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 06:32:02 PM »
I hate reality shows... they're pointless, trashy, cheap to make, and even worse to watch.  I have to wonder what the hell is going on with TLC and the History Channel, because this junk seems to be 50% of their programming schedule.

The only show I bother looking at is 'Pawn Stars'.  Chumlee is overrated, but the Old Man cracks me up. 

Same here. Reality shows are proof that there is evil in this world.

I do like Pawn Stars though, as well. There are some interesting things that come in there.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 07:05:05 PM »
I also hate so-called "Reality Shows" but I love "Pawn Stars" and even "Ghost Hunters."
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 11:12:36 AM »
Deadliest Catch -- btw, it's back on Discovery tonight . . .
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 11:55:31 AM »
Deadliest Catch -- btw, it's back on Discovery tonight . . .

That's another good one. Along with Dirty Jobs.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 01:21:53 PM »
"Starlets and Harlots do DAT," it's just a pilot concept at this point, of course...

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 01:32:23 PM »
Be careful what you wish for or you might find Heidi Fleiss knocking on your door.  :o
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 02:02:56 PM »
Be careful what you wish for or you might find Heidi Fleiss knocking on your door.  :o

Dude.  Have you seen her on Celebrity Rehab?  Train wreck city!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »
Yeah, she's pretty damn nasty.  She passed 'skank' and is on her way to 'animated corpse'.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »
Yeah, she's pretty damn nasty.  She passed 'skank' and is on her way to 'animated corpse'.

Mackensie Phillips next to her looks like Cindy Crawford!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 03:08:53 PM »
Relax, the show has very strict screening criteria.

:drool:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.