Author Topic: Long Road Trip Ahead  (Read 670 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Long Road Trip Ahead
« on: July 03, 2023, 05:27:40 AM »
Playing in the National Community Band this coming weekend in Vegas. From my home in Arkansas, it's about 1,500 miles one-way. Will connect with my sister there and together, after the gig next Sunday, we drive to Baraboo, Wisconsin, for the Windjammers, Unlimited summer meet. More playing. MUCH more playing. (Think circus music.)

It's over 1,800 miles from Vegas to where I drop off my sister at the Milwaukee Airport. From there, backtrack to Baraboo, which is about 125 miles. Then after the activities on Sunday, 17 July, I make my way home for another 750 miles. (I will have to hold my nose driving through IL.) Total mileage - 3,500 miles. I'm grateful for my sister's company on the long drive to Wisconsin. (She'll fly back to Phoenix from Milwaukee.)

I've been putting in from 90 minutes to 2 hours a day in practicing to develop the endurance needed. Believe me, this is not something you can just walk in on and sit down and play.

I checked over my vehicle and tire pressure and fluids are all OK. Leaving tomorrow morning.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Re: Long Road Trip Ahead
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 08:08:57 AM »
We have beeen traveling too. From our home in Sierra Vista AZ to Monteray CA. The grand kids are leaving for Japan (Navy family) next week. It will be 3 years before we see them again.

Drive safe. The weather does seem a little strange.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 04:12:22 PM »
Have a blast Euph!!  I love to drive and I’m really excited to get retired and hit the road with my wife. I don’t mean to wish my life away, but I’m tired. I’m ready to retire. All the real estate, retire from my job, and hit the road. I love to travel and even with as much travel as I’ve done there are things I missed along the way.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 05:31:27 AM »
Got back last night after 4,500 miles all told.

The leg from Vegas to Baraboo, WI (circus mecca of the North) was brutal - about 1,700 miles. Thank God my sister accompanied me to share in the driving.

Two weeks' worth of yard work to do and an oil change in the car.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.