Author Topic: Truth in Pictures  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Islandgirl

• Probationary (Probie)
Truth in Pictures
« on: March 25, 2012, 07:07:56 AM »

I'm tired of the media and bleeding hearts twisting this story by ignoring the facts.  How different would the nation's sentiment be regarding this story, if true current pictures of the two parties involved were the ones being blasted all over the world?

Offline formerlurker

Re: Truth in Pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 07:15:14 AM »

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:21:53 AM »
You know, we know nothing about this kid or this man who shot him.  No idea what happened that night.    The race to claim racism, coupled with the president jumping in on every hot National Enquirer news story of the day is disturbing to say the very least.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 07:24:52 AM »
You know, we know nothing about this kid or this man who shot him.  No idea what happened that night.    The race to claim racism, coupled with the president jumping in on every hot National Enquirer news story of the day is disturbing to say the very least.

Well, since Barry is dealing with winter greens right now that are just now starting to come back, he doesn't have a whole lot to do. Might as well practice up his Jessie Jackson skills since that's likely what he's going to be doing after he gets his ass tossed out of office in January.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Islandgirl

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 07:51:40 AM »
I was reading an article this morning that raised a grand question for me, and further dented the integrity of the parent's story, I believe.

Martin's parents, attorney, and the media have expounded on the claim that Martin was a kid that went for a walk to the local convenience store to get 'candy' during halftime of an NBA game.  But yesterday, People magazine had an interview with the father that blows holes in that story.  I quote from the story below:

In the story, Tracy Martin states:

"I had gone out for dinner," says Tracy, "and when I got home, Trayvon wasn't there. I tried calling his cell phone several times, and it went straight to voicemail. I wasn't that worried, because he had been spending time with my 20-year-old nephew who was a responsible young man. There wasn't a panic that he wasn't at home. I figured that they had gone to the movies, because they had said they might. So I laid down, thinking they would show up later."

The next morning, when he woke up, Tracy realized that Trayvon had not returned home. "I started making calls, and I reached my nephew," Martin says. "He said he hadn't seen Trayvon. Then I really started getting worried. So I called the Sheriff's department to file a missing persons report. I let them know it hadn't been 24 hours, but it was unusual for Trayvon not to return home."

Three police cars soon pulled up and a detective asked Tracy for a recent picture of his son. "I had one on my phone, so I showed it to him," Tracy says, his voice tightening. "He told me he was going to show me a photo and ask if it was my son. He pulled out a photo of Trayvon's dead body. And the nightmare began."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20581404,00.html

So...if the father came home and Martin was gone, and he claims to have made calls looking for him, how does anyone know that Martin went to the store to get candy?  Where did the "went to the store to get candy" story come from?

This opens up the possibility that Martin was indeed a kid wandering aimlessly around the complex at night, doing God knows what.  I'm not saying one doesn't have the right to walk around a complex at night, but it does change the possibility of motives on Martin's end.

Also, I am unable to find a convenience store near the apartment complex.  His parents claim he went to 7-11, but the nearest 7-11 is a couple of miles away.  Not exactly a brief walk one would make during a halftime game.  Using google maps, I am unable to find a convenience store anywhere near by, but I could be missing it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:54:47 AM by Islandgirl »

Offline Taylor

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »
We need to take back our country from these leftist cretins....and yes, that includes our lying leftist media.  Even with a huge win in November's election, I don't know how that's going to happen, though.  Obama has managed to divide us so far now, I just don't see it ending well.  Seems that 'trojan horse' weapon of the enemy within and without has worked only too well.  If America falls, it will be due to rampant STUPIDITY of the masses...which is, of course, what the leftist elitists count on.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »
Personally, I can't say either way what happened that night. The only things I know to be true in this are, the media is doing their best to make sure that everyone thinks Zimmerman is automatically the bad guy, and the left is giddy as hell because they think they gain a ton of political mileage out of this. The fact that Holder is in such a hurry to get involved with this is not a good sign. He should let the local and state authorities do their job first. I am convinced the locals are feeling pressured by Holder to make sure that Zimmerman goes to jail whether he is guilty or not.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 12:37:07 PM »
Personally, I can't say either way what happened that night. The only things I know to be true in this are, the media is doing their best to make sure that everyone thinks Zimmerman is automatically the bad white guy, and the left is giddy as hell because they think they gain a ton of political mileage out of this. The fact that Holder is in such a hurry to get involved with this is not a good sign. He should let the local and state authorities do their job first. I am convinced the locals are feeling pressured by Holder to make sure that Zimmerman goes to jail whether he is guilty or not.

FIFY
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 12:52:07 PM »
Personally, I can't say either way what happened that night. The only things I know to be true in this are, the media is doing their best to make sure that everyone thinks Zimmerman is automatically the bad guy, and the left is giddy as hell because they think they gain a ton of political mileage out of this. The fact that Holder is in such a hurry to get involved with this is not a good sign. He should let the local and state authorities do their job first. I am convinced the locals are feeling pressured by Holder to make sure that Zimmerman goes to jail whether he is guilty or not.

Exactly.  We are supposed to have a legal standard of "Innocent until proven guilty."  Nobody except Zimmerman really knows what happened that night, and from what IslandGirl posted, there have already been contradictions in what Trayon's parents are saying about his activities that night.  Nobody should be screaming innocent or guilty until Zimmerman has his day in court. 

Offline Taylor

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 01:02:30 PM »
I'm amazed.  So Trayvon's father went out to dinner without him and left him to his own 'devices', so to speak?
The kid is on suspension, so they leave him all alone?

And the dad then came home and fell asleep or went to bed, not knowing where Trayvon was?  This is really starting to make me feel sorry for Trayvon....since he didn't seem to have a father that CARED.

This is an indictment on the parenting skills (or lack thereof), IMHO. 

I was reading an article this morning that raised a grand question for me, and further dented the integrity of the parent's story, I believe.

Martin's parents, attorney, and the media have expounded on the claim that Martin was a kid that went for a walk to the local convenience store to get 'candy' during halftime of an NBA game.  But yesterday, People magazine had an interview with the father that blows holes in that story.  I quote from the story below:

In the story, Tracy Martin states:

"I had gone out for dinner," says Tracy, "and when I got home, Trayvon wasn't there. I tried calling his cell phone several times, and it went straight to voicemail. I wasn't that worried, because he had been spending time with my 20-year-old nephew who was a responsible young man. There wasn't a panic that he wasn't at home. I figured that they had gone to the movies, because they had said they might. So I laid down, thinking they would show up later."

The next morning, when he woke up, Tracy realized that Trayvon had not returned home. "I started making calls, and I reached my nephew," Martin says. "He said he hadn't seen Trayvon. Then I really started getting worried. So I called the Sheriff's department to file a missing persons report. I let them know it hadn't been 24 hours, but it was unusual for Trayvon not to return home."

Three police cars soon pulled up and a detective asked Tracy for a recent picture of his son. "I had one on my phone, so I showed it to him," Tracy says, his voice tightening. "He told me he was going to show me a photo and ask if it was my son. He pulled out a photo of Trayvon's dead body. And the nightmare began."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20581404,00.html

So...if the father came home and Martin was gone, and he claims to have made calls looking for him, how does anyone know that Martin went to the store to get candy?  Where did the "went to the store to get candy" story come from?

This opens up the possibility that Martin was indeed a kid wandering aimlessly around the complex at night, doing God knows what.  I'm not saying one doesn't have the right to walk around a complex at night, but it does change the possibility of motives on Martin's end.

Also, I am unable to find a convenience store near the apartment complex.  His parents claim he went to 7-11, but the nearest 7-11 is a couple of miles away.  Not exactly a brief walk one would make during a halftime game.  Using google maps, I am unable to find a convenience store anywhere near by, but I could be missing it.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »
I'm amazed.  So Trayvon's father went out to dinner without him and left him to his own 'devices', so to speak?
The kid is on suspension, so they leave him all alone?

And the dad then came home and fell asleep or went to bed, not knowing where Trayvon was?  This is really starting to make me feel sorry for Trayvon....since he didn't seem to have a father that CARED.

This is an indictment on the parenting skills (or lack thereof), IMHO. 

I am wondering why the shooter had a gash in the back of his head and blood on his face, some can say blow back from the shooting But why the open wound on the back of his head ????

STOP blaming a parent for what happens to a kid old enough to enlist in the military.   

I care about my kids but when they reach 17 I am not about to follow them and bust into a hotel room and rescue them from a hooker.    Comes an age of a child where adult supervision is not warrented or healthy.

What we have is a kid that ran into an adult NUT case looking for trouble.   The kid may well have fought back, smacked the attacker on the head with a can of ice tea,  the facts are the shooter was told not to follow the boy, ignored instructions and left his car and chased the boy, perhaps the kid fought back against his armed attacker,
Stand your Ground also goes for the boy.    The boy had every right to "Stand his Ground" as the male chasing him.

The boy had only his body and a can of ice tea to defend himself against a stranger armed with a gun that was larger in body build and acting NUTS.   There may have been a struggle until the armed man shot him.   

This is murder, first degree as the shooter went after the boy against orders and when the boy Stood his Ground against this stranger was shot and killed.   -------Premeditate  as soon as the shooter left his car to hunt down the boy.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 03:21:17 PM »
If Zimmerman had been 17 and Trayvon older, the media would have been calling Zimmerman an adult...unless, of course, Trayvon happened to be white.  Then Zimmerman would have been a teenage Hispanic.  If enough people figure out this is Hispanic/black, not WHITE anything, it will die

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »
I am wondering why the shooter had a gash in the back of his head and blood on his face, some can say blow back from the shooting But why the open wound on the back of his head ????

STOP blaming a parent for what happens to a kid old enough to enlist in the military.   

I care about my kids but when they reach 17 I am not about to follow them and bust into a hotel room and rescue them from a hooker.    Comes an age of a child where adult supervision is not warrented or healthy.

What we have is a kid that ran into an adult NUT case looking for trouble.   The kid may well have fought back, smacked the attacker on the head with a can of ice tea,  the facts are the shooter was told not to follow the boy, ignored instructions and left his car and chased the boy, perhaps the kid fought back against his armed attacker,
Stand your Ground also goes for the boy.    The boy had every right to "Stand his Ground" as the male chasing him.

The boy had only his body and a can of ice tea to defend himself against a stranger armed with a gun that was larger in body build and acting NUTS.   There may have been a struggle until the armed man shot him.   

This is murder, first degree as the shooter went after the boy against orders and when the boy Stood his Ground against this stranger was shot and killed.   -------Premeditate  as soon as the shooter left his car to hunt down the boy.

Vesta, you do not know if anything you stated above is fact. Until you do, don't state it as fact.

Offline Islandgirl

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 04:10:57 PM »

I've read (no cite, sorry) in several places that Zimmerman has told police he had turned and was walking back to his truck when Martin attacked him from behind.  Perhaps Martin threw or slammed that can of tea into the back of Zimmerman's head from behind.

What we have is a kid that ran into an adult NUT case looking for trouble.   

Stand your Ground applies if someone is physically threatening you.  A resident questioning the presence of someone in their neighborhood who is acting suspicious is not a threat.  Following someone to try to determine the motive for their suspicious behavior is not a threat.

Actually, based on what is being said about Zimmerman by friends and his attorney, as well as the records of his prior calls to the police since 2004 (not since last year, as the racists are claiming)...I think its very possible that this young man, who was not known to be a resident, was wandering around the complex in the middle of a rain storm at dusk, with his face obscured by a hoodie, which would make him look suspicious.  Zimmerman, fed up with the crime in his neighborhood and tired of watching his community be robbed and the perps getting away with it because they aren't caught, was not going to let this this suspicious person out of his sight until the police got there to question him.

I also think there is a high probability that the kid has been raised to believe the hype of "don't let the white man take you down"  (his parents certainly promote that hype), and got ticked that a white man would dare question his choice to wander around suspiciously.  I think there is also a good chance that in his anger, he reacted by starting a physical altercation.

A can of tea can be a deadly weapon quite easily.  And there are no indications that Martin even knew Zimmerman had a gun until the point in which Zimmerman pulled it out to use it.  Also, Martin had the height advantage by about 6 inches and if you would take the time to look at a current picture of Zimmerman (not the 7 year old picture being used in the media), you'll see that Zimmerman is a much slighter man now. 

Not necessarily.  There are absolutely no facts that support premeditation.  Also, there were no "orders" for him not to follow Martin.  A dispatcher said it wasn't necessary, however the dispatcher then agreed to have police call him when they got there, since he (Zimmerman) was on the move to keep sight of the suspicious person.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 04:20:37 PM »

Way to make up facts out of the blue.  Tell me, do you have a supposed motive for this murder?  Is Zimmerman just a psychopath who likes to kill kids wandering through his neighborhood?  Or is it possible that Trayon was acting suspiciously.  His photos show him acting like a wannabe thug, how do we know that he was behaving in an aggressive manner, or that he didn't attack Zimmerman.  This is why we have courts, and not the media, to determine guilt and innocence. 

Offline Taylor

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »
Well, it would seem that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman.  Trayvon approached him while he was on the phone with police.  That apparently pissed the "kid" off enough to get physical.  Big mistake on the "kid's" part.  And he paid for that mistake with his life.

Zimmerman was acting in self-defense.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 06:00:46 PM »
Another thing--the Martin family attorney has had the school seal all of the records of Trayvon's 5-day suspension.  I wonder why that is being done--maybe he was suspended for attacking a while or Hispanic kid in school?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 08:07:05 PM »
Way to make up facts out of the blue.  Tell me, do you have a supposed motive for this murder?  Is Zimmerman just a psychopath who likes to kill kids wandering through his neighborhood?  Or is it possible that Trayon was acting suspiciously.  His photos show him acting like a wannabe thug, how do we know that he was behaving in an aggressive manner, or that he didn't attack Zimmerman.  This is why we have courts, and not the media, to determine guilt and innocence.

And some people wonder why I ignore her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 08:38:27 PM »
And some people wonder why I ignore her.

Ignore her, who?

Offline CG6468

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 08:38:59 PM »

Offline Taylor

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 10:57:07 PM »
If anyone's interested, here is a thread devoted to the debunking of the media disinformation and hype.  The thread initiator is compiling data and info from news reports, other forums (including this one), and from various sites on the net.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?48103-Trayvon-Martin-Debunking-thread

Offline Islandgirl

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 01:11:48 AM »
Great thread, Taylor.  Here is a picture from Google of the complex.  Can anyone else find a convenience store near the the complex?  I went to street view to identify every building I saw, and couldn't find one.

So what convenience store did Martin allegedly walk to?

This is the complex. The "A" is just the anchor to mark the neighborhood.

This Google shot shows the closest 7-11 to the complex.  "A" is the nearest 7-11 and "B" is the neighborhood.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 08:07:31 AM »
Yeah, no way he walked all the way to that store.  If that is the nearest store.  What is that 5+ Miles?
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 08:34:45 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmermans-attorney-friend-speak-trayvon-martin-incident/story?id=15999256

"George Zimmerman suffered a broken nose, and had an injury to the back of his head, he was attacked by Trayvon Martin on that evening," Sonner said. "This was a case of self defense."
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
Way to make up facts out of the blue. 

CR, this is nothing new for our resident lunatic.  If you want to see her imagination in full display, click here and watch her spin a yarn about watching families in Charleston, SC, waiting for their loved ones from a sunken submarine that was homeported in Norfolk, VA, while she was sitting on a barstool in Groton, CT. 

The resultant bitchslapping and walk-back was epic.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840