Author Topic: Pitohui:Go south of the border for a drill and fill or grill!!  (Read 1167 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Pitohui:Go south of the border a fill or grill!!

This is a short interesting thread.  I didn't see the PCintern on this thread but it is BOBOLICIOUS.

Enjoy the few quotes I have pulled or row on over to see the whole thing in its native state.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x73269

Here is how it begins, Minerman moaning an groaning.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Thu Mar-24-11 03:40 PM
Original message
On having a tooth extracted and single payer health care... 
 So, the gauze pad is out of my mouth as I start this thread. Yup, I went to the dentist and got a tooth pulled. It's not a really important one, and there are still plenty of teeth back there to chew my gruel. A couple of days of some gum pain and all that will be left is a gap. The gap won't show.

No big deal. Except that I could have kept the tooth. A root canal and a crown would have saved it. That wasn't happening, though. I don't have $2000 just hanging around to save a premolar. So out it came. The dentist said that he's pulling more teeth these days than doing crowns, and that my story was typical. Instead of $2000, I only had to put $144 on my credit card. It's the wrong time of the month to cough up that much in cash, especially since my 55 year old wife's health insurance payment has been raised to $906 per month. She has some preexisting conditions, so we can't look for a cheaper policy.

Now, had I been diligent about cleanings and dental visits, it probably would have been saved, too. I know that, but those visits aren't in the budget, either. Things have been very, very tight for the past couple of years, when those visits might have saved that tooth. Oh, well.

Now, if we had comprehensive health care in this country, on a single-payer, tax-supported basis, I'd still have my tooth. Even if the health care didn't cover dental expenses (which it should), I'd have been able to afford a visit or two to the dentist for a cleaning and examination and I would have a cheap amalgam filling in that tooth. But I didn't, so it's gone now. That's the fourth one gone in my 65 year, each because I could not afford to save it.

Medicare doesn't cover dental, either, so I'm out of luck.

Single-payer health care. Let's get it, so that everyone can afford to get their ailments treated, OK?

Lots of people claim they haven't seen a dentist in years. But anyone want to bet Bobo, who it has been rumored is homeless, gets hers for free??

bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Thu Mar-24-11 03:57 PM
Response to Original message
8. Many still wouldn't have the coverage,... and would't have the extra money, as you say you would
 I would hope that you would fight for dental coverage, even if that isnt' what YOU need... just because we are all in this together.

There are several volleys back and forth between Bobo and MinMan typical of what one has come to expect from these two adolescents.

And then we have this interesting piece of advice.

pitohui (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-24-11 05:38 PM
 7. well a few dentists need to go to jail, including yours, $2K for the job he quoted was theft
 Edited on Thu Mar-24-11 05:39 PM by pitohui
for $2k you could have gone to mexico, saved the tooth, AND had a vacation

single payer has ****-all to do w. dentistry because apparently there is NO code of ethics among american dentists, if you assume that they're all thieves, you're only wrong about 1 percent of the time

your dentist pulled your tooth because he's a thief not because it should cost anywhere near $2K to get a root canal plus crown, sheesh

I have had plenty of dental done. The Navy didn't really help my situation much when they decided to upgrade my teeth to class 2 status.  I actually ended up with a VA claim after I got out. I went for months to have the work they had done repaired. 

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Pitohui:Go south of the border for a drill and fill or grill!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »
Sounds like spittooee is alluding to collusion on the part of American dentists.  Hmmmmm .....

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 06:31:46 PM »
bobbolink  (1000+ posts)        Thu Mar-24-11 03:57 PM
8. Many still wouldn't have the coverage,... and would't have the extra money, as you say you would
I would hope that you would fight for dental coverage, even if that isnt' what YOU need... just because we are all in this together.

Something has happened to the hobo, I tell you. During and since the Nadinocalypse, she has been almost normal. No attacks, no harping on the needs of winos, no insults, sweet as a honeydew melon. At first, I thought she was just giddy over her iPhone4 upgrade, but it's like she's a completely different person. Maybe she has a boyfriend snuggling up with her in the back seat. Lucky guy.

Offline zeitgeist

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 06:46:02 PM »
Whoa thanks for that.  I have no id3a how that happened.

You must use tabs on your browser  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »
There is no dentist in this country who will charge 2K for a root canal and crown, unless the crown is gold or something.  And if Mineral Man can pay over $900 a month for his wife's health insurance, why couldn't he charge for dental care for himself?

IF the dentist actually wanted 2K, it was probably for hazardous duty pay.  One can only imagine what the poo flingers ingest on a regular basis. :p
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 08:06:21 PM »
There is no dentist in this country who will charge 2K for a root canal and crown, unless the crown is gold or something.  And if Mineral Man can pay over $900 a month for his wife's health insurance, why couldn't he charge for dental care for himself?

IF the dentist actually wanted 2K, it was probably for hazardous duty pay.  One can only imagine what the poo flingers ingest on a regular basis. :p

A root canal and crown will probably run around $1400. Based on what it costs here.

I kind of feel bad for the DUmmy in a way because I have 2 teeth that I can't afford to get fixed and am going to have to get pulled, however I'm not demanding that someone else pay for my dental work.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Thu Mar-24-11 03:40 PM
Original message
On having a tooth extracted and single payer health care... 
So, the gauze pad is out of my mouth as I start this thread. Yup, I went to the dentist and got a tooth pulled.

That reminds me: It's been a long time since we've seen DUmmy ThomWV and his necklace of self-extracted teeth.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 11:28:52 PM »

That reminds me: It's been a long time since we've seen DUmmy ThomWV and his necklace of self-extracted teeth.

I was thinking the same thing.

I believe--but can't confirm--the mountain man primitive swam over to Pitcairn Island, although he might, or might not, still be a denizen of Skins's island too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 12:23:16 AM »
A root canal and crown will probably run around $1400. Based on what it costs here.

I kind of feel bad for the DUmmy in a way because I have 2 teeth that I can't afford to get fixed and am going to have to get pulled, however I'm not demanding that someone else pay for my dental work.

Freeper, I don't know if you are close to a dental school, but if you are, they might be willing to do your teeth at a steep discount.  My daughter used to get her hair styled at the local beauty college, but lately has gone to a regular salon.  I wonder if the college closed, cuz she's not one to give up a good deal.

Anyway, I was just musing, so apologies if it's not a good solution.

One thing I forgot to mention is often the dentist will be willing to work out a payment plan with you; again that was something my daughter did several years ago when she had a minimum wage job and a $1200 dental bill...we would have paid it but she did it herself.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 05:59:07 AM »
Freeper, I don't know if you are close to a dental school, but if you are, they might be willing to do your teeth at a steep discount.  My daughter used to get her hair styled at the local beauty college, but lately has gone to a regular salon.  I wonder if the college closed, cuz she's not one to give up a good deal.

Anyway, I was just musing, so apologies if it's not a good solution.

One thing I forgot to mention is often the dentist will be willing to work out a payment plan with you; again that was something my daughter did several years ago when she had a minimum wage job and a $1200 dental bill...we would have paid it but she did it herself.

I've never heard of dental schools doing that, I don't doubt you it's just something I wasn't aware of.

Thanks for the info.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 07:33:43 AM »
Now, if we had comprehensive health care in this country, on a single-payer, tax-supported basis, I'd still have my tooth.

BULLSHIT! We'd ALL have our teeth yanked out to save money. Here's a clue for you DUmbasses, when the government is looking to cut budgets, the citizens are the lowest on the totem pole.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:22:17 AM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 08:21:19 AM »
Single-payer health care. Let's get it, so that everyone can afford to get their ailments treated, OK?

OK, there, MineralMan, I'll get right on that.  Reminds me of when the DUmmies type out a post, "Single Payer NOW."  Remarkably effective, results-wise. 
MM you had a democrat WH, House, and Senate.  Now you don't.  You're really expecting your wish to be granted?   When you get to be 55, shouldn't a person have acquired a little wisdom and life experience? 

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 08:56:53 AM »
I've never heard of dental schools doing that, I don't doubt you it's just something I wasn't aware of.

Thanks for the info.

Here's one website which addresses the issue a little, and there are more:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_there_schools_of_Dentistry_that_take_patients_and_do_dental_work_at_lower_prices

Good luck,  depending on  your location in relation to that of the nearest Dental School with a Doctor of Dental Surgery program, this may be worth researching!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »

Something has happened to the hobo, I tell you. During and since the Nadinocalypse, she has been almost normal. No attacks, no harping on the needs of winos, no insults, sweet as a honeydew melon. At first, I thought she was just giddy over her iPhone4 upgrade, but it's like she's a completely different person. Maybe she has a boyfriend snuggling up with her in the back seat. Lucky guy.

Now that's a disgusting thought!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 05:49:15 PM »
OK, there, MineralMan, I'll get right on that.  Reminds me of when the DUmmies type out a post, "Single Payer NOW."  Remarkably effective, results-wise. 
MM you had a democrat WH, House, and Senate.  Now you don't.  You're really expecting your wish to be granted?  When you get to be 55, shouldn't a person have acquired a little wisdom and life experience? 

Well at least if ya haven't wised up by that time, ya shoulda had a swift kick in the ass!!!

I volunteer to be the kickee!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!