Author Topic: Pelosi Objects to CNN Anchor's Claim That Trump Was Acquitted in Impeachment Tri  (Read 485 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212997167

Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (41,444 posts)

Pelosi Objects to CNN Anchor's Claim That Trump Was Acquitted in Impeachment Trial

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) interjected during an interview Saturday to make the case that President Trump was not acquitted from impeachment because his Senate trial lacked additional witnesses and documents demanded by Senate Democrats.

“You can’t have an acquittal unless you have a trial, and you can’t have a trial unless you have witnesses and documents — so he can say he’s acquitted, and the headlines can say ‘acquitted,’ but he’s impeached forever: branded with that, and not vindicated,” Pelosi argued.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) used the 53-47 Republican majority in the Senate to push for a trial that mirrored that of former president Bill Clinton with a vote to call witnesses after opening arguments from both sides. After days of back and forth, and a push to include testimony from former NSA adviser John Bolton, the Senate ultimately voted 51-49 to reject additional witnesses, as Senators Mitt Romney of Utah and Susan Collins of Maine joined Democrats to call for more evidence.

Speaking to CNN Saturday, the House Speaker went on to praise Romney for voting with Democrats to impeach Trump. Romney explained his decision at the time as one made with “thorough analysis and searching,” including prayer. “I don’t pretend that God told me what to do . . . I’m subject to my own conscience,” he told The Atlantic.

Talk about delusional.

MagickMuffin (9,652 posts)

1. HE WAS NOT ACQUITTED & IMPEACHED FOREVER AND EVER

Shame on journalist who continue to mislead the public. But I suppose that's their jobs now a days.

Misinform, Mislead

Well ... the trial and vote I saw said acquittal.  What do you expect the media to report?

mr_lebowski (11,499 posts)

5. Yeah, this line is a bunch of crap, totally misleading afa the reality goes ...

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) used the 53-47 Republican majority in the Senate to push for a trial that mirrored that of former president Bill Clinton with a vote to call witnesses after opening arguments from both sides."

Bull ****ing SHIT.

MagickMuffin (9,652 posts)

8. That WAS NOT a trial like President Clinton's because That trial had witnesses and tons of documents

This "fake trial" had none of those qualities. SAD!

As I recall this time around the republicants didn't want anyone to testify or did they want to see documents.

So, NO TRIAL, P E R I O D.

You are correct!  Of course there was one tiny little difference you may not have noticed with those blinders on.  Clinton was charged with ACTUAL crimes.

Duppers (18,526 posts)

17. Their jobs now days...

Whores for networks?

Wellstone ruled (28,878 posts)

7. Talk about a Newsie being ignorant as to the Law.

Once Impeached,that stain stays with you into the History Books never to be changed.

Impeached in the House and yet acquitted in the Senate ...  No repub votes in the House, yet a couple of Dem votes to acquit in the Senate.  Interesting, right?

Duppers (18,526 posts)

16. Extremely disappointed in Christiane Amanpour 😡

Omg, the ignorant audacity she showed!!! Never again will I listen to her. What a whore she has turned into!

Nancy's answers were perfect but I do not know how our Madam Speaker maintained such amazing composure.

Is Duppers trying to push the envelope here?   :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

It's the equivalent of a summary judgement. The "jury" told Schifftyroo and Miss Nancy, "You have no case!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

Response to mr_lebowski (Reply #5)Mon Feb 17, 2020, 09:17 PM
Star Member MagickMuffin (9,652 posts)
8. That WAS NOT a trial like President Clinton's because That trial had witnesses and tons of documents

This "fake trial" had none of those qualities. SAD!

As I recall this time around the republicants didn't want anyone to testify or did they want to see documents.

So, NO TRIAL, P E R I O D.

The trial had witnesses and tons of documents--the ones produced by the House democrat investigation.  There was no shortage of witnesses and documents.

In Trump's impeachment, four months, 28,000 pages and one loose end
Brad Heath

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - When it was over, the impeachment of U.S. President Donald Trump produced 135 days of partisan rancor, 17 witness accounts, more than 28,000 pages of documents and testimony, and one big loose end.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-question-analys/in-trumps-impeachment-four-months-28000-pages-and-one-loose-end-idUSKBN1ZZ308

Schiff and Nadler used the 17 witness accounts and 28,000 pages of documents and testimony to put together their airtight, ironclad, slam dunk, open and shut case against President Trump.  Tons of documents, tons of witnesses.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
The trial had witnesses and tons of documents--the ones produced by the House democrat investigation.  There was no shortage of witnesses and documents.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-question-analys/in-trumps-impeachment-four-months-28000-pages-and-one-loose-end-idUSKBN1ZZ308

Schiff and Nadler used the 17 witness accounts and 28,000 pages of documents and testimony to put together their airtight, ironclad, slam dunk, open and shut case against President Trump.  Tons of documents, tons of witnesses.

And I guess Schiff either forgot about the absolute proof he had of collusion or he's decided to save it for another day.  LOL

Schiff played the democrats for fools.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

but he’s impeached forever: branded with that, and not vindicated,” Pelosi argued.

This is the reason for the fast tracked shampeachment.  Something they think they can use in front of his name during the election season.

Duppers (18,526 posts)

16. Extremely disappointed in Christiane Amanpour 😡

Omg, the ignorant audacity she showed!!! Never again will I listen to her. What a whore she has turned into!
This from the party who says Conservatives are waging a war on women
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020