Author Topic: I loathe them  (Read 602 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I loathe them
« on: February 16, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »
Star Member Soph0571 (6,227 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212992703

I loathe them
Everyday I watch the news, spend time on the interwebs, engage in political debate shows on the radio and my revulsion gets deeper and greater.

As a part of Generation X, I grew up in an era of relative stability. I know Maggie and Ronnie ****ed with how we define community, and introduced a level of selfish ‘as long as I am alright jack’ governance that was just shit, particularly for left behind communities, but ****ing hell, I never thought I would say this but I would take them back in heartbeat in comparison to what we have now. That is how bad it is.

As part of Generation X, in the UK, we had a social contract with the post Maggie world that (particularly in the Blair era) we would pay our dues and the government would invest in public services on our behalf. That in the longest period of peace in Europe (ever) we would play a significant part in consolidating those relationships. That as a progressive nation we would enact legislation that enabled everyone to be treated equally within the law and wider society- still a way to go but the intent was there.

We did what we needed to do, we engaged with the election process, we paid our taxes, we helped our communities, we were allies to and supporters of those who needed us. You get the gist. And what did we get for our troubles? Trump and Boris. They actively seek to dismantle everything we know and everything we were promised as engaged citizens in our countries – law, justice, fairness, equality and democracy – all grist to their far-right mill.

It cannot be allowed to stand.

You lucky sods get to fix the problem in November, we are stuck with our ****er for five years. This is not good for the nation’s wellbeing. I abhor them and everything they and their supporters stand for.

Rant off

:yawn:

Squinch (28,817 posts)

1. I am so sorry. I imagine it feels like I would feel if Filthy Donnie is reelected.

I can't imagine.

Star Member Hermit-The-Prog (12,921 posts)

5. We kick Moscow Mitch out of the majority chair. ...

If we hold the House and flip the Senate, the WH becomes much less dangerous.

Turn local and state offices blue. The distributed nature of our government makes it resistant to total take-over.

See Virginia state government for how things can change dramatically when GOPers and Nazis are kicked out.

:thatsright:

Star Member paleotn (6,451 posts)

11. The problem was, at least here in the states....

While doing what we were supposed to do, we failed to fully realize the existential threat posed by the other side. Those who actually bought the Maggie / Ronnie shtick, and took it to its logical conclusion. They picked up an old Nixonian idea of a network dedicated to Republican propaganda, and with the help of technology, spread their warped gospel of "**** you, I've got mine" and "Problems? Blame those damn minorities" far and wide on TV, radio and finally the internet. In the process, hopelessly programming all who fell under their spell. In the south, the fertile ground for such propaganda is based on intractable racism and a failure to finally reconcile that whole 1865 thing. When their interests coincided with those of the religious right, they linked arms to the point where today they're one and the same. Now their interests coincide with those of foreign actors, with nation state resources and intelligence functions. It was never about democracy for that crowed. Democracy was simply a means to an end, to be discarded if it proved no longer useful. Now that changing demographics make democracy a threat to their future, its time to pull off the mask and go full on fascist. The rubes won't care as long as Hannity say's it's cool.

read just the highlighted words... and ask yourself if they are unhinged or rational?

Zolorp (914 posts)

18. Ah, sort of like a US president blatantly violating the law but being acquitted by a GOP Senate...

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Delmar

Re: I loathe them
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 11:09:58 AM »
Response to Squinch (Reply #3)Sun Feb 16, 2020, 07:26 AM
Star Member Hermit-The-Prog (12,921 posts)
5. We kick Moscow Mitch out of the majority chair. ...

If we hold the House and flip the Senate, the WH becomes much less dangerous.

Turn local and state offices blue. The distributed nature of our government makes it resistant to total take-over.

See Virginia state government for how things can change dramatically when GOPers and Nazis are kicked out.

This primitive already accepts the near certainty that President Trump is going to schlong whoever the democrats run with, but still hangs on to the hope that every other contest might go their way.

I predict a schlonging from the top of the ticket all the way down to the town dogcatcher.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 11:14:33 AM »
I loath Trumpses, Precious, I loathes them! :rotf:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 05:37:59 PM »
Hey Limey, we loathe you too.  And I have a good friend, a Brit over there, who loathes you too.  Happy Brexit! 

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 06:44:57 PM »
This image is a classic case of the left seeing in others what they see in themselves. It's as if they know their candidates are a bunch of two-bit losers with no ideas to run on, and no capacity to construct any. They are filled with the loathing of Trump's successes, the fear of his continued success, and the envy of his leadership and power, so they spin everything he does as criminal and all his successes as failures.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 09:24:50 PM »
Star Member Soph0571 (6,227 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212992703

I loathe them
Everyday I watch the news, spend time on the interwebs, engage in political debate shows on the radio and my revulsion gets deeper and greater.

As a part of Generation X, I grew up in an era of relative stability. I know Maggie and Ronnie ****ed with how we define community, and introduced a level of selfish ‘as long as I am alright jack’ governance that was just shit, particularly for left behind communities, but ****ing hell, I never thought I would say this but I would take them back in heartbeat in comparison to what we have now. That is how bad it is.

As part of Generation X, in the UK, we had a social contract with the post Maggie world that (particularly in the Blair era) we would pay our dues and the government would invest in public services on our behalf. That in the longest period of peace in Europe (ever) we would play a significant part in consolidating those relationships. That as a progressive nation we would enact legislation that enabled everyone to be treated equally within the law and wider society- still a way to go but the intent was there.

We did what we needed to do, we engaged with the election process, we paid our taxes, we helped our communities, we were allies to and supporters of those who needed us. You get the gist. And what did we get for our troubles? Trump and Boris. They actively seek to dismantle everything we know and everything we were promised as engaged citizens in our countries – law, justice, fairness, equality and democracy – all grist to their far-right mill.

It cannot be allowed to stand.

You lucky sods get to fix the problem in November, we are stuck with our ****er for five years. This is not good for the nation’s wellbeing. I abhor them and everything they and their supporters stand for.

Rant off

Okay. 

:crybaby:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du