Author Topic: If Trump managed to shut down DU and MSNBC what would the impact be on your life  (Read 581 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212992904
milestogo (7,277 posts)

If Trump managed to shut down DU and MSNBC what would the impact be on your life?

I would feel very isolated without these two things - they are my lifelines to sanity.
First of all, regardless of what you think, DU is really not important enough for Trump to want to shut down. Hate to disappoint you, but it just isn't.

Second, which side wants to shut down Rush Limbaugh, "Faux Noise," etc? Because--you think the First Amendment only applies to YOUR side.

Third, if your "lifelines to sanity" are MSNBC and DU, you are seriously screwed.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
milestogo (7,277 posts)

If Trump managed to shut down DU and MSNBC what would the impact be on your life?

I would feel very isolated without these two things - they are my lifelines to sanity.

Do you have proof that President Donald Trump is going to shut down DU, MSNBC, etc?  :tinfoil: :tinfoil2: :lost:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Why on Earth would Orange Man shut down an insignificant website of a couple thousand lunatics and a network that is the equivalent laughingstock?  It would deprive those of us critical thinkers crap to laugh at.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

milestogo (7,277 posts)

the fact that he hasn't shut down DU, messnbc or any other left leaning Trump hating media site goes against you DUmmies who keep insisting that he is a dictator.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Drafe Hoblin

The score so far:

DU shutting itself down...…. 3 times.
DJT/GOP shutting DU down: O.

Offline SVPete

Why would Trump shut down two campaign ad material sources?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

Response to milestogo (Original post)Sun Feb 16, 2020, 11:05 AM
Star Member Firestorm49 (1,872 posts)
14. I guess that begs the question of how far down the line will he go for revenge?

The Brown Shirts are already being deployed in sanctuary cities - the same thing that happened in Germany while all watched Hiller change history. We’re seeing it happen, but it’s just another daily scandal so we don’t pay too much attention.

How far down the list will he go? Be careful of what you say. Be careful of what you do, because if what’s his name gets re-elected, the next phase will unfold.

Let’s all do our job NOW. Our country needs our participation, not apathy. This election is the ball game.

The second term is when the next phase unfolds.  Who do the primitives hope to fool with that kind of  fear mongering?  Besides their own pathetic selves, the only people who read DU are people who point and laugh at them.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
DU? More like D Who? to President Trump.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

I just laughed so hard that a little bit of pee came out.

I'm getting old I guess.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

:lmao:  He's not on your radar, you self-important idiots!  If you were, he'd have made fun of you at a rally.  This is what happens when you live in a bubble.  Just like when you babble amongst yourselves "I know!  Let's eliminate the electoral college!"   :rotf:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
DU is more likely to shut down from all those bannings and purges than President Donald Trump shutting DU down.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du