Author Topic: Lawyers think they found a way to prosecute Trump for crimes against humanity  (Read 836 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member BigBearJohn (11,016 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214750617

Lawyers think they found a way to prosecute Trump for crimes against humanity: Keith Olbermann
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-crimes-against-humanity/

Progressive commentator Keith Olbermann said that there may be a way to prosecute President Donald Trump for crimes against humanity.

In a series of videos he posted to Twitter on Tuesday, the former MSNBC host said that just in case Trump wasn't able to kill enough people by ignoring the virus, now he's not ordering enough vaccinations for all 330-plus million Americans. Pfizer offered Trump a deal for another 100 million vaccines, but he refused them. After bad press on the topic, Moderna similarly offered a deal that would offer additional vaccinations for the U.S. government but that was ultimately accepted.

But Trump could be prosecuted using the Department of Justice's upnit called the Human Rights and Special Prosecutions Section, "which, as its own guide states, 'investigates and prosecutes human rights violators and international criminals who have violated U.S. criminal law."

He explained that it rarely prosecute American citizens in the U.S. but the guidelines say that it could prosecute someone "whose acts are so broad and so egregious as to be considered crimes against humanity."

:thatsright:

Star Member dweller (17,456 posts)

4. Haul his orange ass to The Hague

::)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Can any of those idiots show us the international law that says a US president is obligated to buy vaccine for other nations?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Yawn.

Just as nothing happened to Hillary and Barack and other Democrats when they broke the laws, nothing's going to happen to President Trump, whether he broke any laws (highly unlikely) or not.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

Raw Story, :rotf: .

...  just in case Trump wasn't able to kill enough people by ignoring the virus, now he's not ordering enough vaccinations for all 330-plus million Americans. . Pfizer offered Trump a deal for another 100 million vaccines, but he refused them. After bad press on the topic, Moderna similarly offered a deal that would offer additional vaccinations for the U.S. government but that was ultimately accepted.

1. Ummmmmmm ... how did those vaccines get tested and approved in record time?

2. Vaccines. The Trump Administration has ordered:

AstraZeneca - 300 million doses, May 21, 2020;

Inovio - In Phase II testing, order not yet placed;

Johnson & Johnson - 100 million doses, with an option to purchase 200 million more, August 5, 2020;

Moderna - 100 million doses, with an option to purchase 400 million more, August 11, 2020; the Trump Administration has exercised part of its option, purchasing another 100 million doses, December 11, 2020;

Novavax - 100 million doses, July 7, 2020;

Pfizer - 100 million doses, with an option to purchase 500 million more, July 22, 2020; the Trump Administration has exercised part of its option, purchasing another 100 million doses, December 23, 2020;

Sanofi - 100 million doses, with an option to purchase 500 million more, July 31, 2020;

Vaxart - In Phase I testing, order not yet placed.

The options to purchase more 100s of millions of doses were in the original contracts. Note that the Moderna option was exercised before Moderna's vaccine was given Emergency Use Authorization.

So among all these vaccine manufacturers, 1 billion doses have been ordered by the Trump Administration, enough to vaccinate the population of the US nearly 3 times per person (the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is single-dose), ignoring the fact that adolescents and children cannot be vaccinated. Of the two vaccines that have been approved, 400 million doses are on order, probably enough to vaccinate that part of the US' population that is over 16 (Pfizer) and 18 (Moderna).

I should not have to point this out, but already have in a FB discussion. The Trump Administration made all these contracts months before it was known how many of the several vaccines would be successful. The contracts were conditional on approval, so they weren't entirely a pig-in-a-poke. Thus:

* The Trump Administration did not put all the taxpayers' $$ in a single vaccine basket;

* As we are seeing, vaccines are being approved over time, which means that with each vaccine another manufacturing base is added to the supply chain, widening the neck of the bottle, so to speak.

IOW, contrary to the Raw Story's writer's moronic and ignorant criticism, the Trump Administration wisely spread its contracts to reduce risk of delay/failure and avert production bottlenecks. Not that DU-grade Progs like Raw Story's writer or Star-Moron BigBearJohn would understand the advantages of multi-sourcing. They probably don't even understand that Pfizer's and Moderna's first 100M doses apiece will be delivered over time, not instantaneously. DU-grade Progs are like the ignorami/ignoramae who think that milk and steaks are produced by grocery stores.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 09:22:39 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

Can any of those idiots show us the international law that says a US president is obligated to buy vaccine for other nations?

Did some DUmmie bring up that trope? The Pfizer vaccine is particularly unsuited for use in Third World countries. It has to be shipped and stored at dry ice temperatures. At room temperature it is stable for just a day or two. The Moderna vaccine is also poorly suited for use in Third World countries. It has to be shipped and stored at freezer temperatures. At room temperature it is stable for just a few days. Proggies like Melinda Gates and many/most DUpipo are too ignorant and stupid to know this.

This is probably the most informative single article on the vaccines effort I've seen, https://spectrum.ieee.org/biomedical/devices/this-is-how-well-vaccinate-the-world-against-covid19 . It documents facts I've claimed in this and my previous post, though I have the urls for the original news releases about the various vaccine purchase contracts.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Yawn.

Just as nothing happened to Hillary and Barack and other Democrats when they broke the laws, nothing's going to happen to President Trump, whether he broke any laws (highly unlikely) or not.

Or even from the President George W. Bush era.  The DUmmies were incessantly posting crap like this:

Star Member dweller (17,456 posts)

4. Haul his orange ass to The Hague
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

"Haul his orange @$$ to the Hague."
This again?
The Hague, the Hague, the Hague.
I guess the DUmmies need to be reminded of this one more time:
THE US IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT WITHIN THE HAGUE'S JURISDICTION, YOU BRAINLESS, GLUE- HUFFING MORONS!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
It’s been how many years now and these dolts still haven’t figured out that KO is a loon?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

"Haul his orange @$$ to the Hague."
This again?
The Hague, the Hague, the Hague.
I guess the DUmmies need to be reminded of this one more time:
THE US IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT WITHIN THE HAGUE'S JURISDICTION, YOU BRAINLESS, GLUE- HUFFING MORONS!

You know, it would be awesome if President Trump would go to the Hague on January 21, 2021 to finalize a deal to build a new high rise luxury hotel there that will house all of the dignitaries who travel there and increase profits to the Trump corporation.

The meltdown at the dump would rival Chernobyl in 1986
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 12:05:18 AM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020