Author Topic: Until I know the exact condition of Leaky Leahy, I will be on edge.  (Read 362 times)

Offline Delmar

Tue Jan 26, 2021, 06:57 PM
Star Member still_one (76,321 posts)

Until I know the exact condition of Senator Leahy, I will be on edge. While Dick Durbin is

optimistic after speaking with Patrick Leahy’s wife, I remain nervous until I Senator Leahy is released from the hospital, and we hear an official announcement on his status
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215011356

Official status report on Patrick "Leaky" Leahy:  He is a filthy traitorous son of a bitch who runs his dirty mouth and gets good people killed.

This naked power grab is rather remarkable given Mr. Leahy's demonstrated inability (or unwillingness) to maintain the confidentiality of critical national security information. Mr. Leahy, after all, is the same man who leaked like a sieve during his previous tenure on the Senate Intelligence Committee. The San Diego Tribune, for example, reported that in a 1985 television interview, Mr. Leahy, then vice chairman of the committee, disclosed a top-secret communications intercept of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's telephone conversations. The intercept had facilitated the capture of the Arab terrorists who had hijacked the cruise ship Achille Lauro and murdered American citizens. Mr. Leahy's callous disregard for maintaining the secrecy of American intelligence activities ended up costing the life of an Egyptian operative involved in the operation.

In July 1987, The Washington Times reported that Mr. Leahy had disclosed secret information about a 1986 covert operation planned by the Reagan administration to topple Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi. Federal intelligence officials told the paper that Mr. Leahy had communicated a written threat to expose the operation directly to CIA Director William Casey. Then, just weeks later - surprise, surprise - news of the secret plan turned up in The Washington Post, causing it to be aborted.

Then there is Mr. Leahy's most infamous leak. As the Senate was preparing to hold hearings on the Iran-Contra scandal, Mr. Leahy finally was forced to resign his Intelligence Committee post after he again was caught leaking secret information to a reporter. Incredibly, Mr. Leahy, the ranking Intelligence Committee Democrat, had allowed an NBC reporter to comb through the committee's confidential draft report on the scandal. NBC aired a report based on the inside information on Jan. 11, 1987. Following a six-month internal investigation and after recognizing that investigators had him dead to rights, Mr. Leahy "voluntarily" stepped down from his committee post.

Mr. Leahy's outrageous leak was considered one of the most serious breaches of secrecy in the Intelligence Committee's history.
Yet, in his post-resignation statement, Mr. Leahy didn't apologize for compromising national security. Instead, he simply stated that he was angry at himself "for carelessly allowing the press person" to read the report and "to be alone with it." After Mr. Leahy resigned, the Intelligence Committee instituted a new policy that restricted access to its documents to a secure meeting room.

Mr. Leahy has demonstrated time and again that he is not to be trusted with sensitive intelligence information and that he is willing to use it for partisan ends.
In fact, he has earned the sobriquet "Leaky Leahy" in the intelligence community. In this dangerous era, with America facing threats from every direction, we cannot afford to allow the senior senator from Vermont to compromise our national security again as he has repeatedly in the past.
https://www.heritage.org/commentary/leaky-leahy-seeks-sensitive-info-again

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Until I know the exact condition of Leaky Leahy, I will be on edge.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 07:31:28 PM »
cue the conspiracy theories from the left that one of President Trump's cult followers poisioned leaky leahy's cup of tea with the chi-vi to disrupt Shampeachment II...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020