Author Topic: Not looking forward to DU once the pardons hit...  (Read 341 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Not looking forward to DU once the pardons hit...
« on: January 19, 2021, 08:40:55 AM »
Star Member mindfulNJ (2,255 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214958142

Not looking forward to DU once the pardons hit...
I am so tired of Trump's drama. It's not fair to Joe and Kamala that we can't just be celebrating today. Ugh.

:bird:

Star Member Irish_Dem (8,603 posts)

2. At least he isn't on twitter any more. Maybe the pardons will all be kept secret.

I really don't care anymore what he does.

:bird:

Star Member hlthe2b (83,260 posts)

5. I'm more concerned re: the possibilty/probability that he will secretly pardon.

Congress can and should (should have, in anticipation) have passed a statute requiring pardons to be made public and that they must be delivered in writing.

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/534222-how-to-stop-trumps-secret-pardons

While it is likely too late for whatever damage Trump will wreak, Congress must close this (and about a zillion other) loopholes.

AngryOldDem (11,094 posts)

7. A good place to start is not treating the presidential pardon like a papal indulgence.

This is just one more grift for Trump. This process does deserve a closer look. As Trump proved time and again, executive powers can be abused, and they should not be above restraint.

Pardons should be public records.

Star Member cannabis_flower (3,301 posts)

8. I'm expecting some to be terrible choices but

hopefully, at least some of them will be justified. Maybe a few drug crime prisoners who got way more of a sentence than they deserved.

9. This is Trump we're talking about.

Unless they are flush with cash or they murdered a bunch of brown people they won't be getting one.

:thatsright:

Star Member cannabis_flower (3,301 posts)

10. On a previous round

He freed a few drug criminals. I think they were suggested by Kim Kardashian.

11. Don't expect that again.

He only did that for the visuals of having her in his office. He doesn't give jack sh*t about drug offenders.

:thatsright:

Star Member Hoyt (47,389 posts)

14. He's digging himself a deeper hole and proving that he's still a worthless POS.

:whatever:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!