Author Topic: Senate approves immigration overhaul  (Read 3383 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Senate approves immigration overhaul
« on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:59 PM »
The Senate on Thursday approved a sweeping immigration overhaul that would extend legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants while increasing border security, sending the bill to the House side where it faces a chilly reception.

The vote caps weeks of bipartisan negotiations and hands President Obama, who has made immigration legislation the cornerstone of his second-term agenda, a partial victory.

The Senate voted 68-32 to approve the bill, following a series of test votes that already demonstrated the legislation had enough support to pass.

The question is whether the Senate vote can compel the Republican-led House to follow suit. Some Republicans have already declared the Senate bill "dead on arrival" in the House, but House lawmakers are working on their own piecemeal version of immigration legislation.

House Speaker John Boehner, who says both chambers should act on immigration, declined to say Thursday how his caucus would proceed.

"We're going to go home for the recess next week and listen to our constituents," he said. "And when we get back, we're going to ... have a discussion about the way forward."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/27/senate-approves-immigration-overhaul/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Senate approves immigration overhaul
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »
**** all y'all.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 03:54:26 PM »
**** all y'all.

And the horse you rode in on!  :bird:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
The House, however, will not approve it.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »
The House, however, will not approve it.

Maybe.  They'll come up with their own bill, send it to the senate, and then they'll meet in secret to come to a compromise.  Days, weeks or months later Boehner will cry before the cameras saying that he negotiated the best deal he could on immigration reform.  The left will get everything they want.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 04:44:57 PM »
Maybe.  They'll come up with their own bill, send it to the senate, and then they'll meet in secret to come to a compromise.  Days, weeks or months later Boehner will cry before the cameras saying that he negotiated the best deal he could on immigration reform.  The left will get everything they want.

Yep!  :censored:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 04:50:15 PM »
If the house passes anything...even just a 1 page bill to build a fence on the border...it will go to a conference committee and the whole thing will pass.

Evil days are upon us. The democrats are pushing with everything they have towards a totalitarian state.

Its just sad that the surviving WWII vets will live to see this once great nation fall to the very same evils they defeated in their day.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »
If the house passes anything...even just a 1 page bill to build a fence on the border...it will go to a conference committee and the whole thing will pass.

Evil days are upon us. The democrats are pushing with everything they have towards a totalitarian state.

Its just sad that the surviving WWII vets will live to see this once great nation fall to the very same evils they defeated in their day.

I fully agree.

For all practical purposes, we are now a communist country.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »
I fully agree.

For all practical purposes, we are now a communist country.

May as well be the Soviet Union.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: Senate approves immigration overhaul
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »
How many of the traitors who voted for the bill actually read it?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »
With the passage of owebumacare, the practice of reading bills has become so passe.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 07:12:06 PM »

I'm not so sure about this but there is that danger if Boehner suspends the Hastert rule in the middle of reconciliation, because there's enough RINOs + Dems in the House to pass the Senate bill then. For now, he's saying no:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/jun/27/boehner-senate-bill-still-doa-house/

Offline jctejas

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 10:00:21 PM »
Lets not forget the republicrats and demicans who voted for this and the rino mitch mconnel  who did nothing to oppose this.

I plan if I can to send money against all of them.   It is better to have real democrats than these fake conservatives.

jctexas

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 10:02:54 PM »
Lets not forget the republicrats and demicans who voted for this and the rino mitch mconnel  who did nothing to oppose this.

I plan if I can to send money against all of them.   It is better to have real democrats than these fake conservatives.

jctexas
What's your forum name ? You seem confused as to jctejas or jctexas. That's why I ask.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 10:29:47 PM »
No big surprise here, the GOP has to try to get Hispanics to like them don't you know?  :banghead:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: Re: Senate approves immigration overhaul
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 11:48:02 PM »
No big surprise here, the GOP has to try to get Hispanics to like them don't you know?  :banghead:
the GOP is dead if this goes thru. They are on life support as it is.

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: Re: Re: Re: Senate approves immigration overhaul
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 03:54:59 AM »

I'm guessing none. The only reason we know what's in it is because Conservative pundits have done what elected officials won't and read what's in the bill they're voting on.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »

Well Thank God Ted Cruz read it. Not only did Cruz read it but he schooled anyone who would listen from the Senate floor on Tuesday. Cruz found a loophole that actually penalizes an employer $5000 for hiring a citizen over a legalized alien. Seriously. You can’t make this stuff up. Senator Cruz was quoted as saying:

“I filed an amendment that would have corrected one of the most egregious aspects of the gang of eight bill as it intersects with Obamacare legislation, namely a penalty imposed on U.S. employers for hiring U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents. This bill says if an employer hires a citizen or a legal immigrant, the IRS can impose a $5,000 penalty on that employer. But if the employer instead hires someone with RPI status, that penalty will go away. That is utterly and completely indefensible.”

“Nobody in this body wants to see African-American unemployment go up. Nobody wants to see Hispanic unemployment go up, youth unemployment go up, union household unemployment go up, legal immigrant unemployment go up. Yet every one of those will happen if this Gang of Eight bill passes without fixing this problem. If that happens, all 100 members of the U.S. Senate will be accountable to our constituents for explaining why we voted to put a federal penalty on hiring U.S. citizens and hiring legal immigrants. I hope this body will choose to pass my amendment and fix this grave defect in the Gang of Eight legislation.”

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/06/ted-cruz-exposes-amnesty-bill-5000-penalty-for-hiring-citizens-over-legalized-aliens/#ixzz2XdCNBFy7

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 11:25:34 PM »
Cruz found a loophole that actually penalizes an employer $5000 for hiring a citizen over a legalized alien.

Holy shit that is even worse than I thought this POS bill could be.  :banghead:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 12:07:49 AM »
America got gang raped by the gang of 8.

Police lives matter.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 02:07:38 AM »

True

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »
Gangof8 raped.