Author Topic: Closure of Border Patrol stations across four states triggers alarm  (Read 1436 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

The Obama administration is moving to shut down nine Border Patrol stations across four states, triggering a backlash from local law enforcement, members of Congress and Border Patrol agents themselves.

Critics of the move warn the closures will undercut efforts to intercept drug and human traffickers in well-traveled corridors north of the U.S.-Mexico border. Though the affected stations are scattered throughout northern and central Texas, and three other states, the coverage areas still see plenty of illegal immigrant activity -- one soon-to-be-shuttered station in Amarillo, Texas, is right in the middle of the I-40 corridor; another in Riverside, Calif., is outside Los Angeles.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection says it's closing the stations in order to reassign agents to high-priority areas closer to the border.

"These deactivations are consistent with the strategic goal of securing America's borders, and our objective of increasing and sustaining the certainty of arrest of those trying to enter our country illegally," CBP spokesman Bill Brooks said in a statement. "By redeploying and reallocating resources at or near the border, CBP will maximize the effectiveness of its enforcement mandate and align our investments with our mission."

But at least one Border Patrol supervisor in Texas has called on local officers to "voice your concerns" to elected officials, warning that the "deactivation" will remove agents from the Texas Panhandle, among other places. Several members of Congress have asked Border Patrol Chief Michael Fisher to reconsider the plan. And local officials are getting worried about what will happen once the Border Patrol leaves town, since they rely on those federal officials to assist in making immigration arrests.

"It could impact us tremendously since we've only got two agents up here now for 26 counties," Potter County Sheriff Brian Thomas told FoxNews.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/10/closure-border-patrol-stations-across-four-states-triggers-alarm/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Closure of Border Patrol stations across four states triggers alarm
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »
Meanwhile, I was in northern NH last week, within spitting distance of the Canadian border.  Just across the CT River from West Stewartstown, NH, is Caanan, VT.

Who cares, you may ask?  Simple--just outside Caanan is a nice little border crossing into Canada.  About a mile from that crossing DHS is building a nice big Border Patrol station.

Damn those pea soup eaters.  Gotta keep 'em all out, eh!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »
Meanwhile, I was in northern NH last week, within spitting distance of the Canadian border.  Just across the CT River from West Stewartstown, NH, is Caanan, VT.

Who cares, you may ask?  Simple--just outside Caanan is a nice little border crossing into Canada.  About a mile from that crossing DHS is building a nice big Border Patrol station.

Is that the one where several million was spent on a little used crossing?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »
Is that the one where several million was spent on a little used crossing?

Might be.  The crossing on US3 north of Pittsburg gets a lot more traffic.  This building is several times larger than anything in either town.  Probably the largest building north of Colebrook.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 01:28:02 PM »
What Obama has essentially done in closing the Lubbock and Amarillo offices is give the illegals a clear corridor from the border in Big Bend all the way to Kansas.

IRRC that leaves just the Border Patrol office in Midland between Mexico and Kansas. 

And IMHO I'm guessing the Mexican Consulate in Midland will or already is putting pressure on the Border Patrol in Midland to look the other way.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »
Now it's just open invasion. They're not even bothering to pretend otherwise.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »
Is any further evidence needed to prove that barrack obama hates this Country, it's Sovereignty, it's laws and it's law abiding tax paying Citizens.  He dares to challenge states like Arizona, telling them to stop interfering with the Fed's enforcement of the immigration laws, and then pulls a stunt like this.  I'd like to see how the left can spin this as a positive for him and his doomed re-election campaign.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 02:29:58 PM »
Is any further evidence needed to prove that barrack obama hates this Country, it's Sovereignty, it's laws and it's law abiding tax paying Citizens.  He dares to challenge states like Arizona, telling them to stop interfering with the Fed's enforcement of the immigration laws, and then pulls a stunt like this.  I'd like to see how the left can spin this as a positive for him and his doomed re-election campaign.

Easy...they just won't report on it...ergo it never happened.  Nothing to spin.

The only reason it got picked up by Fox IMO is that mark Levin talked about it two nights ago after a listener clued him in to the story on this in the Amarillo Globe.

Offline ShadowBear

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »
Please people, I am already sick in my stomach over the people in power in the Exec branch of our government. My poor fragile constitution can't handle a whole lot more.  Please tell me this is all basically a sensible action driven by good people in charge of border operations and not some politically motivated b.s. instigated by the Obama administration in retaliation for challenges by Arizona and others against Holder and others.  Sorry, but just hitting this and no time to do deep research ... save me from a heart attack if you can or sit me down and tell me the truth after I have my nitro pills handy

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 07:46:10 PM »
He needs to open the doors so they can come in and vote for him in November.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 10:24:20 PM »
He needs to open the doors so they can come in and vote for him in November.

You're exactly right. He's getting more and more blatant. I hope people wake up and see what he's doing to this country. He gets me sick.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 05:35:40 AM »
You're exactly right. He's getting more and more blatant. I hope people wake up and see what he's doing to this country. He gets me sick.

Hard to believe all the crap Obama gets away with. Unfortunately as it gets stranger each day in just a small thing, one after the other we tend to ignore what is not happening in our own back yard. 

That Mitt fella needs to go on the attack soon, perhaps travel to the areas of the country Obama is screwing up and consentrate on not the wealthy voters but stir up a pot of anger against what Obama is doing to the upper low class and the middle low class in that area.   

Forget all the BS promisses that few keep after election, bare down on why Obama has to go.   Forget words like  "our Economy"    few can understand the concept until it hits them personally in their own wallet.  Rile them up and make them angry, go in there, float like a butter fly and sting like a bee.------Good old Cassius Clay,  one heck of a master at his trade.

Senior citizens of any race or faith a great target for Mitt.  Just a whisper that #SS may be decreased under Obama------look how he treats his own family that live in shacks in Kenya.    Why is his own Aunt living in a section 8 apartment and getting well fare ??????

So, when does the next BIG Crises happen that will most likely take place in the Persian Gulf happen ???? Soon I suspect, we are at war you know and a huge military problem will distract us from questioning what Obama is doing.   Remember the Nixon---I have a secret plan to win this war ?-------- 

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 05:52:40 AM »

I thought the politically correct term was "Puck slapping maple sucker" , or "Moose Jockey".