Author Topic: Kennedy has malignant tumor  (Read 4131 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Kennedy has malignant tumor
« on: May 20, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »
Sen. Edward Kennedy has a malignant brain tumor. The hospital treating Kennedy released a statement today saying that the tumor was found during tests after the senator had a seizure Saturday. The tumor is in his left parietal lobe. Full story soon.
http://www.cnn.com/

Offline cottondress

Re: Kennedy has malignant tumor
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 12:41:07 PM »
Was afraid thats what they would find. Prayers for the Senator and his family...they will need them in the days ahead. We might not agree with his politics but we are all Gods children and he loves us all.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 12:46:07 PM »
I have no love lost for the old drunk, but yes this is difficult no matter who you are. I can only pray that the man has indeed made his peace with God with the things he has done over the year and will find his way in God's loving arms when that time comes. God's forgiveness is for everyone, even Kennedy. God bless him and his family. What devastating news for them.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 12:52:57 PM »
No one lives on earth forever.  The US senate will go on.  

Don't look for a Reagan-type outpouring of national grief when Kennedy shuffles off.  Outside of the people who actually vote for him (a small group of "Americans" for sure) and his immediate family (a shrinking group), no one has any respect or admiration for this guy.  He has been a forty year embarrassment to himself and this nation.

Someone told me in the early 1970's that it would take Ted Kennedy's death to get him out of the senate.  The fact that it has turned out to be true is a sad commentary on the people of Kennedy's home state.  

I'm sure the people can do better.  They probably won't, but we can hope.  

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:54:25 PM »
No one lives on earth forever.  The US senate will go on. 

Don't look for a Reagan-type outpouring of national grief when Kennedy shuffles off.  Outside of the people who actually vote for him (a small group of "Americans" for sure) and his immediate family (a shrinking group), no one has any respect or admiration for this guy.  He has been a forty year embarrassment to himself and this nation.

Someone told me in the early 1970's that it would take Ted Kennedy's death to get him out of the senate.  The fact that it has turned out to be true is a sad commentary on the people of Kennedy's home state. 

I'm sure the people can do better.  They probably won't, but we can hope. 

I agree with that, Undies.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
This will be hard on his family, prayers for all of them.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
There's been a malignant cancer in the Senate for a loooong time.  Just sayin'.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 01:44:49 PM »
There's been a malignant cancer in the Senate for a loooong time.  Just sayin'.

And it's been thriving on the juice of the public tit for 45 years. 

Offline lastparker

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 01:46:35 PM »
If there's any true justice, he'll only be reuinited with his Papa, down below, where it is really hot.  Daddy lobotomized the wrong child.  I'm sure Mary Jo's parents would agree.  Lord Undies is far kinder than I can be.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Lauri

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 01:47:33 PM »
I have no love lost for the old drunk, but yes this is difficult no matter who you are. I can only pray that the man has indeed made his peace with God with the things he has done over the year and will find his way in God's loving arms when that time comes. God's forgiveness is for everyone, even Kennedy. God bless him and his family. What devastating news for them.

couldnt have said it any better.. i dont typically join in wishing people well, but this is historic.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 02:30:30 PM »
My prayers for his family. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 02:42:22 PM »
I feel no sympathy for the man only that justice is now being served.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 02:43:46 PM »
I'm torn, gang.  Part of me wants the old womanizing WOS to burn in Hell.  The other part wants him to realize all the Bad that he has done over his life, and be reconciled to a loving, forgiving God.  Because the Catholic in me seems to be winning out, I tend towards the second part.

However, he'll be out of the Senate.  You can bet dollars to donuts that the leftstream media will be orgasmic in their coverage of his funeral, when it finally comes.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »
I'm torn, gang.  Part of me wants the old womanizing WOS to burn in Hell.  The other part wants him to realize all the Bad that he has done over his life, and be reconciled to a loving, forgiving God.  Because the Catholic in me seems to be winning out, I tend towards the second part.

However, he'll be out of the Senate.  You can bet dollars to donuts that the leftstream media will be orgasmic in their coverage of his funeral, when it finally comes.

Couldn't have said it better.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Sonnabend

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 03:39:37 PM »

He will answer for what he has done to a higher court..and I will pray for him and his family. Whatever he has done, I will not dance on his misery. That's DU's job.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 03:56:23 PM »
buh bye :bolt:

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 04:20:59 PM »
I will say prayers for his family, but only have as much compassion for him as he had for Mary Jo back in 1969....His Karma is catching up to him....
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 04:52:20 PM »
Cancer sucks no matter who you are.  I wish him well.  It will be difficult days ahead for him and his family.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 05:00:11 PM »
On a purely human level, that is truly awful news, I hope he is not in pain and the situation resolves one way or the other without undue suffering for him and the rest of the clan.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 05:29:48 PM »
He will answer for what he has done to a higher court..and I will pray for him and his family. Whatever he has done, I will not dance on his misery. That's DU's job.

Ditto!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline overlord

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 07:53:25 PM »

:clap:

I always looked forward to the day when he would finally be voted out and have to live out his days a bitter old alcoholic.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  But on the other hand, that karma's a *****.
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 01:54:44 AM »
I'm sure the rest of the Kennedy klan are starting to quake in their boots.

For you see once he is gone the "real" legal system can kick in and really hold the lawbreakers in that klan accountable for their conduct.  No longer will members of that corrupt family get away with rape, murder, etc.

Ole tubby teddy won't be going to heaven since he has committed oh so many crimes against man [and probably beast] that god gave up forgiving him decades ago.

I've often wondered why out of the mentally healthy members of that family only one of Joseph P Kennedy's kids wound up being institutionalized.  Given the womanizing nature of the male Kennedy's, did they do the unspeakable to the daughter and sister to cause her mental problems????????
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 08:33:08 AM »
I find it interesting how liberals treat this bad news as compared to bad news about conservatives.

Liberals practically cheered themselves horse when Tony Snow's illness returned and then there was the way they treated former first lady Nancy Reagan.

And then liberals "wonder" why conservatives hate their guts so much.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 08:43:49 AM »
I'm ambivalent over this. On one hand, I pray that he reconciles himself with his God in the time left to him. On the other hand, I want to say that his leaving power can only be a good thing for America. I can't cheer anyone getting cancer and dying. It's just not in me.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 08:51:11 AM »
I'm ambivalent over this. On one hand, I pray that he reconciles himself with his God in the time left to him. On the other hand, I want to say that his leaving power can only be a good thing for America. I can't cheer anyone getting cancer and dying. It's just not in me.

We are all feeling ambivalent.  We know as good Christians that God wants us to love the sinner and hate the sin.  We also feel empathy towards anybody with such a horrible condition.  But on the other side we know he has been one of the biggest forces for evil in the history of the USA.  And of course, he started his adult life by being responsible for the death of Mary Jo -- that is one death at his doorstep. 

You have to ask -- had he not been named "kennedy" and been properly convicted of Manslaughter and was just another ex-con (still named kennedy so it would be iN the news), what would we be saying?  Probably "bummer -- but it is karma."

As has been pointed out, I am not going to stop despising him, but I will pray that God is merciful on him and that justice will be done in the end.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.