Author Topic: Housing posts surprising rebound in April  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Housing posts surprising rebound in April
« on: May 16, 2008, 07:45:14 AM »

WASHINGTON (AP) - Construction of new homes posted the biggest increase in more than two years in April, a rare bit of good news in what has been the worst downturn in housing in more than two decades.

The Commerce Department reported Friday that housing construction rose by 8.2 percent in April to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.03 million units, as a big jump in apartment construction offset further weakness in single-family homes. The gain represented a recovery after a steep slump in March building pushed activity to the slowest pace in 17 years.

MORE

Any good news about the economy is bad news for DUmmies.   :whatever:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lacarnut

Re: Housing posts surprising rebound in April
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 08:15:07 AM »

WASHINGTON (AP) - Construction of new homes posted the biggest increase in more than two years in April, a rare bit of good news in what has been the worst downturn in housing in more than two decades.

The Commerce Department reported Friday that housing construction rose by 8.2 percent in April to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.03 million units, as a big jump in apartment construction offset further weakness in single-family homes. The gain represented a recovery after a steep slump in March building pushed activity to the slowest pace in 17 years.

MORE

Any good news about the economy is bad news for DUmmies.   :whatever:

Hopefully the housing market has bottomed out. It will take many months to sell off all the excess homes on the market though. Six to eight months ago, this area was a hot real estate market. But now, I see many for sales signs for houses in the 400k up range.   

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Housing posts surprising rebound in April
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 09:12:42 AM »
So much for a recession.

Of course, I'm sure the DUmmies probably think the numbers are fake. :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender