Author Topic: Wainscoting kits  (Read 4580 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Wainscoting kits
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:17:22 AM »
I want simple (tall) wainscoting in areas of my house. The flat shaker style. Has anyone bought a wainscoting kit before?

Like from a place like this... LINK

I want something like this:

Offline Zeus

Re: Wainscoting kits
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:40:48 AM »
Buy some some molding and 1/2 in plywood and make your own. That's if you have a Skil saw or table saw.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »
Buy some some molding and 1/2 in plywood and make your own. That's if you have a Skil saw or table saw.

My husband has every tool you can think of. The reason I want to get a kit is they have special molding to go around rounded corners (all of our walls have rounded corners). I guess we could just get the specialty stuff but get the rest of the stuff at home depot or lowes.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »
My husband has every tool you can think of. The reason I want to get a kit is they have special molding to go around rounded corners (all of our walls have rounded corners). I guess we could just get the specialty stuff but get the rest of the stuff at home depot or lowes.

Little bit of sanding on the inside the corner molding will do the trick. If the hubby is good with his tools he could always make custom molding to maintain the round corners if that's what you desire.

I cheat. Though out the years I've made jigs for various cuts and scrolls , makes things a whole lot easier.

Kits are fine. Doing it yourselves is cheaper and there is the additional pride in saying "We created it on our own".

I've seen people do it with paint, stain and even fabric over plywood.  Seen some dramatic effects.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.