Author Topic: 31 Americans, 7 Afghans killed in helicopter crash  (Read 4880 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: 31 Americans, 7 Afghans killed in helicopter crash
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 11:23:20 AM »
Anyone know if Russia supplied the weapon used?  After all, that's what we did to Russia when they were there. 

If you don't fight a war to win, why bother?  Our soldiers were made to kill people and break things.  Not nation build.  A) Wipe out the Taliban and anyone who stands with them, B) and then come home.  If you're not going to do part A, then just bring them home.

If I was going to put my money on who supplied the weapon, I'd be more likely to go with Iran or Pakistan (read: ISI) than the Russians.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline true_blood

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 08:14:41 PM »
This is a horrible loss. My heart aches every time one of our troops is lost over in that shithole. 
Sending my prayers and condolences.
My prayers and condolences as well. I HATE hearing when our troops die or get badly injured in that shithole as well. I use that term, shithole, very loosely too.
Is it true that the pilot was not a Navy SEAL pilot?

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 08:33:03 PM »
My prayers and condolences as well. I HATE hearing when our troops die or get badly injured in that shithole as well. I use that term, shithole, very loosely too.
Is it true that the pilot was not a Navy SEAL pilot?

to the best of my knowledge SEAL's don't have their own pilots. 160 SOAR would probably be the go-to aviators in that theater.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »
to the best of my knowledge SEAL's don't have their own pilots. 160 SOAR would probably be the go-to aviators in that theater.

That is correct, it was Army 160th Special Ops Aviation Regt, aka the Night Stalkers of Black Hawk Down notoriety.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 05:58:54 AM »
Something tells me Joe Biden might not want to show his face in McP's or whatever the Virginia Beach equivalent of such is for a while. 
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »
Something tells me Joe Biden might not want to show his face in McP's or whatever the Virginia Beach equivalent of such is for a while. 

Roger that.

Slo Joe the Clown, walking gaff machine, was the one who first let the cat(or fact it was a Seal Team) out of the bag, right? 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline thundley4

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »
Roger that.

Slo Joe the Clown, walking gaff machine, was the one who first let the cat(or fact it was a Seal Team) out of the bag, right? 

IIC, Sloe Joe put the hit out on SEAL Team 6 the day after Obambi took credit for bin Laden's demise.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »
OK. It's past time to fish or cut bait. Go in and kill the bastards or get the **** out of Anpukistan.  :killemall:
^^This.