Author Topic: Angry Guest Rants Or just a Guest forum  (Read 3735 times)

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
Angry Guest Rants Or just a Guest forum
« on: June 26, 2011, 07:23:23 PM »
I've been on many forums before and one of them had (and still has) a forum called "Angry Guest Rants". It's a section of the forum that people can post in without registering. Typically you'd get a few posts every now and then in it.

It was always worthwhile for a laugh and saved the site from having people registrar just to debate or complain.

Just throwing the idea out there.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Angry Guest Rants Or just a Guest forum
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 07:51:35 PM »
Interesting................ :popcorn:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 08:04:23 PM »
Sorry, I don't like that idea. Here's why. If we get a troublemaker, they would post & post without repercussion. It would also open us up to spammers. I'd rather have them register because if they get out of line, we can easily send them on their way and make it difficult for most to return.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »
There's always the option, if a guest wants to rant, of using

E-MAIL THE ADMINISTRATORS

at the bottom of the forum page.

Seeing how bumpy "Mind Numbing Stupidity" was this morning--it got really bumpy--and seeing how the administrators had to run around for about three weeks, scrambling to nab trolls, this could make it more difficult.

I guess it sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm looking at the "management" part of it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »
There's always the option, if a guest wants to rant, of using

E-MAIL THE ADMINISTRATORS

at the bottom of the forum page.

Seeing how bumpy "Mind Numbing Stupidity" was this morning--it got really bumpy--and seeing how the administrators had to run around for about three weeks, scrambling to nab trolls, this could make it more difficult.

I guess it sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm looking at the "management" part of it.

We already have a thread going on this very subject......it's entitled "Emails from Idiots", and contains selected gems from the administrative mail box.

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 10:20:23 PM »
I guess that Compaq forgot that his was one of the first emails posted there.......  :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :fuelfire:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 01:50:14 AM »
 :lmao: :lol:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.