Author Topic: Trump not running for president  (Read 4878 times)

Offline Blue Jackets fan

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: Trump not running for president
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 07:15:01 AM »
My feeling with Trump was he was just trying to keep putting his name out there. He certainly had no intention to run for president one bit, but he is a sucessful businessman for a reason.
Look at how him and Rosie went off a few years ago. The only reason he went back at Rosie O'Donnall for her attacking his beauty pagent was that he saw a oppertunity to put his name out there. Call it free advertising I suppose.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »
My feeling with Trump was he was just trying to keep putting his name out there. He certainly had no intention to run for president one bit, but he is a sucessful businessman for a reason.
Look at how him and Rosie went off a few years ago. The only reason he went back at Rosie O'Donnall for her attacking his beauty pagent was that he saw a oppertunity to put his name out there. Call it free advertising I suppose.

Yup. One of the first rules of the PR game -- there ain't no such thing as bad publicity. The Donald rode that one all the way to the bank.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
As I said before, if you're right I'll be the first to cheer.

But my negativity comes from the fact that we are over a year away from the election and Republicans are already eating their own young.

Actually, we aren't eating our own YOUNG.  We're weeding out the OLD; the ones who'd get the party nod "Because it's their turn". :whatever:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CatholicCrusader

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 10:21:09 AM »
Yup. One of the first rules of the PR game -- there ain't no such thing as bad publicity. The Donald rode that one all the way to the bank.

Which makes one think: If he can manipulate stuff so well, what could he do with OPEC and the ChiComs he he WAS president? I would just love a president who played our enemies like fools, left them with egg on their faces, and walked home with the winnings.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »
Which makes one think: If he can manipulate stuff so well, what could he do with OPEC and the ChiComs he he WAS president? I would just love a president who played our enemies like fools, left them with egg on their faces, and walked home with the winnings.

Speculating is sometimes fun, but it ain't THAT fun.

The Donald would never, ever get to the point where he'd be "playing our enemies like fools."

Among other things, our president is the Chief Diplomat. The Donald practices only diplomacy that favors himself. I don't even believe he's capable of thinking of anyone or anything BESIDES himself.

Offline CatholicCrusader

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »
The Donald would never, ever get to the point where he'd be "playing our enemies like fools."

I'm not so sure about that.

You think some rice-eating ChiCom or some Middle East rag-heads are as savvy negotiators as some of the players Trump has negotiated with over the decades?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »

You think some rice-eating ChiCom or some Middle East rag-heads are as savvy negotiators as some of the players Trump has negotiated with over the decades?

Yep, that's how the left thinks we all talk. With your previous "homo" statement, the only thing left is for you to call Obama or Cain is a monkey.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline CatholicCrusader

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »
Does that mean my conservative credentials are now confirmed ?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »

Not even close.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CatholicCrusader

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 11:36:17 AM »
Not even close.

Well then, I guess its a good thing that I don't need faceless internet pretend-conservatives to confirm that which I already know to be true, huh.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
I'm not so sure about that.

Yep.

Remember Sun Tzu? He said this:

"He who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them."

My point is, The Donald will never get to that position. Ever. He will simply not have the opportunity, even if he had chosen to run. He is unelectable, imho. Too much baggage, too many instances of me, me, me.

So it's pointless to even speculate, as fun as that is.

Offline gurn

• "Are they paying us? Why aren't they paying us?"
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 07:34:09 PM »
Speculating is sometimes fun, but it ain't THAT fun.

Among other things, our president is the Chief Diplomat. The Donald practices only diplomacy that favors himself. I don't even believe he's capable of thinking of anyone or anything BESIDES himself.

Trump understands the Chinese Government better than Dumb Ass Tanker ever will.
Unfortunately, he understands it better than all of our political leaders too.

China is already scared. Don't believe me?

Ask Hillary. Even she can spot it.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/world/74904/china-running-scared-of-democracy-clinton

She's wrong about the reason though. It's not scared of Democracy. It's scared because
the government consists of a committee of crackpot paranoids. They are scared of their
own people (who don't really want Democracy) and they are scared of inflation and they
are scared of the US, Tibetans, Xinjiang Movement, Nobel Prizes, of artists & of old blind lawyers.

You name it - the PRC Government is probably scared of it. That's is its nature. It's paranoid.
But it knows enough about its own people that it is not so scared of Democracy. It is afraid
of what precedes it - revolt. 

Maybe the rest of what DAT wrote is true. But Trump was spot-on as far as the Chinese government goes.
You do not negotiate with them. That's stupid. It's been stupid for thousands of years.

You might negotiate with France, Japan, Germany. But you just don't negotiate with Chinese.
It's a waste of your time and worse, it's not a waste of their time.

You do what you are going to do and you listen to them whine after you do it.
That is how you negotiate with China.  

China is a military problem. Diplomats can't solve it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 08:01:57 PM by gurn »
"Our weak President, that kisses everybody's ass, is in more wars than I have ever seen. Now he's in Libya, he's in Afghanistan, he's in Iraq. Nobody respects us."
"This guy got the Nobel Peace Prize and every time I look is he's going into another country."

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2011, 07:54:44 AM »
I've heard rumblings within the political rumor mill that even though Donald Trump has dropped out of contention, his hair is still raising money and may yet enter the race. While I cannot confirm these rumors, one needs to ask: can the hair beat the suit in 2012?

:stoner:
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2011, 08:11:47 AM »
Trump understands the Chinese Government better than Dumb Ass Tanker ever will.

You're an idiot.  I don't waste my time on idiots.  Pearls before swine and all that.

(Edited to be more tactful than my first response).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:19:32 AM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2011, 08:16:09 AM »
Well then, I guess its a good thing that I don't need faceless internet pretend-conservatives to confirm that which I already know to be true, huh.

Jeez, what a thin-skinned little bitch...
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »
I've heard rumblings within the political rumor mill that even though Donald Trump has dropped out of contention, his hair is still raising money and may yet enter the race. While I cannot confirm these rumors, one needs to ask: can the hair beat the suit in 2012?

Despite his tawdry personal morals and lack of principles, I'd willingly vote for Trump for president if he were the Republican nominee (fat chance, but if.....).

Anybody, but anybody, is better than the current occupant of the White House.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2011, 08:27:25 AM »
Despite his tawdry personal morals and lack of principles, I'd willingly vote for Trump for president if he were the Republican nominee (fat chance, but if.....).

Well, if that happened, there's a fairly good chance he'd end up being impeached within two years, so it's not like we'd have to deal with a full four years.  It would make the VP choice pretty important, of course.  I'm afraid he strikes me as a having the hubris of Woodrow Wilson without the class to make it go down over the long haul.  While he would be very popular with the fiscal conservatives, he strikes me as a guy who would be fine with big-government solutions to social issues, but with no visible commitment to individual liberty outside the financial realm, so there could be some very ugly results for anyone opposed to him on those issues including social conservatives and libertarian conservatives.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 09:11:47 AM »

Oh absolutely. I'd vote for my dog catcher before Lord Stinky. Heck, I'd vote for my cat before the community commie lover.

Although I'd be less than honest if I didnt say that Im really dreading the idea of having to hold my nose again to vote for another RINO.
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic