Author Topic: Conservative Cave Rep.?  (Read 4664 times)

Offline ndh777

• Probationary (Probie)
Conservative Cave Rep.?
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:16:42 AM »
This isn't a technical question, I didn't know where else to post this so please excuse me if I'm in the wrong area.

I was just curious as to what the reputation was on our profile. I noticed mine has a 3+/0-, but I'm just wondering how do we get reputation and how do we give reputation if possible and I'm assuming that the 0- is reserved for negative rep., how is that achieved? Thanks for all the answers in advance. I'm just curious is all.
"Give me liberty, or give me death."

My personal blog-
htttp://ndh777.blogspot.com

Offline Plague

• The Night Shiftâ„¢
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Conservative Cave Rep.?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 03:12:28 AM »
Reputation is a feedback system from other members of the forum.

You get a Hi-Five if someone likes what you say , and a bitchslap if someone doesn't like what you post - or in the case of dutch - just because.

Once you're off "probation" you'll be able to contribute your own opinion.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 03:15:42 AM »
In the end, they really don't mean a thing. There are no disciplinary actions, no prizes, nada as a result of the reputations.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline ndh777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 09:39:12 AM »
Reputation is a feedback system from other members of the forum.

You get a Hi-Five if someone likes what you say , and a bitchslap if someone doesn't like what you post - or in the case of dutch - just because.

Once you're off "probation" you'll be able to contribute your own opinion.

Thank you. That makes more sense now.

My personal blog-

Offline ndh777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 09:40:10 AM »
In the end, they really don't mean a thing. There are no disciplinary actions, no prizes, nada as a result of the reputations.

True. I kind of figured it was simply an extra and nothing more. Thanks

My personal blog-

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:47:33 AM »
True. I kind of figured it was simply an extra and nothing more. Thanks

There are some threads...where members will BS each other, just because they can and it will turn into a running "event" throughout the day or weekend. There are certain members who delight in "hitting" each other with them. You might want to find the threads...I think most of them are probably in The Lounge...and read them. They will make you chuckle at the very least, and you can tell they were really bored, in real life, that day!!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 12:06:56 PM »
The main thing is to not give a royal rip about that stupid little part of this forum that just irks the living shit out of me and causes me to see red every time I happen to look up and see how many bitchslaps I've accrued in the past 30 seconds (sometimes it's as many as 30 or 40) and how few high fives I get because I'm just not witty enough or clever enough to keep parity while dutch runs around bitchslapping everybody just because he's a bully and he delights in giving people hell and at the end of the frickin' day it's all I can do to keep from...

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!!!!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ndh777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »
The main thing is to not give a royal rip about that stupid little part of this forum that just irks the living shit out of me and causes me to see red every time I happen to look up and see how many bitchslaps I've accrued in the past 30 seconds (sometimes it's as many as 30 or 40) and how few high fives I get because I'm just not witty enough or clever enough to keep parity while dutch runs around bitchslapping everybody just because he's a bully and he delights in giving people hell and at the end of the frickin' day it's all I can do to keep from...

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!!!!!!

Lol your post made me laugh, for that, when I get off probation, I'm giving you a high give haha

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My personal blog-

Offline ndh777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
There are some threads...where members will BS each other, just because they can and it will turn into a running "event" throughout the day or weekend. There are certain members who delight in "hitting" each other with them. You might want to find the threads...I think most of them are probably in The Lounge...and read them. They will make you chuckle at the very least, and you can tell they were really bored, in real life, that day!!

Hahaha I'll be sure and check those out. Thanks for the heads up!

My personal blog-

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »
It is funny to read some of the things. It is great when you are having a rough day
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.