Author Topic: official voting thead for Top DUmmies of 2010  (Read 28923 times)

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
Re: official voting thead for Top DUmmies of 2010
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 08:23:14 PM »
Willie
-the Big Three (Skinner, EarlG, Elad)

You gotta hand it to 3 guys who can keep a website going that's administration and enforcement of discussion rules resemble something out of Communist China.

+ + + + +

For the ANNIE, the primitive who's the most likely to succeed on Skins's island, most likely to be a loser (and a sore one, too) in the real world (vote for one):

-NanceGreggs- She is a legend in her own mind, and about the only place she can get anyone who honestly consider her screeds to be decent writing is the BOG group.

For TOP DUmmie OF 2010; those primitives who, for any particular reason and in any particular manner, made Skins's island especially entertaining during the past year (vote for ten):

-B0G (the Barack 0bama Group: FrenchieCat, babylonsister, Cha, ProSense, grantcart, HiFructosePronSyrup, NJmaverick, HughMoran, jefferson_dem, Peacetrain, treestar, RoyGBiv, sandnsea, berni_mccoy, SoxFan, Nicholas D Wolfwood, and others)

-HighFructosePronSyrup
-MineralMan
-Name removed
-NanceGreggs
-ProSense
-Skinner
-SteveLesser

All my votes for top primitive are for Boggers.   Mostly because things they objected to 3 years ago they cheerlead now.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 08:23:25 PM »
I know what you mean, frank. :rotf: I really can't wait!

I'm browsing this, but I'll be back to vote after the Ravens game.

And thank you, Mr. Wiggum!

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »

Just so you're aware, sir, you voted for only eight primitives, instead of ten.

It's your choice, but you do have two more votes, if you choose to use them any time between now and late evening December 14.

edited because I didn't count right--sorry for the inconvenience, and carry on--
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:30:26 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »

Just so you're aware, sir, you voted for only nine primitives, instead of ten.

It's your choice, but you do have one more vote, if you choose to use it any time between now and late evening December 14.

Yes, couldn't vote on anyone else.
I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson to George Logan, 1816.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 08:53:26 PM »
I will submit my votes at a later date.

I just wanted to make an observation. It's possible that we have, in successive years, a educator from Kansas win the top honors.

Only in America; where everyone has an equal opportunity to rise to the top.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 09:54:17 PM »
For the WILLIE
the Big Three (Skinner, EarlG, Elad)-Without these COLLECTIVE marbleheads, there would be none of the rest. Congrats guys. .You've earned this vote.

For the ANNIE
bobbolink-The little angel is just so put upon. Did you know she's homeless? She's also The Big 3's pet, and that ain't changin'.

For TOP DUmmie OF 2010
BantheGOP
bobbolink
CaliforniaPeggy
Cyrano
DainBramaged
EFerrari
MineralMan
MrScorpio
Proud2BlibKansan
Skinner

My first vote Top DUmmie is IN!! I STILL don't think I have quite enough experience with the dregs of society to give all of them their due. (explanations as to why I gave them the honor of my vote) However, I will be paying even more attention for the '11 elections. For, I could give some if I wanted, but it wouldn't be fair to the others, and yes, there would be tears.

I didn't expect the narrowing down process to be as difficult as it was either. I am satisfied with my decisions though.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 08:33:09 AM »
Willie - WmPitt

Annie - proud2blibKansan

To me, it's important the first recipients be the one's of whom the award is named

Top 10

1)  BOG (Look at how our local libs are voting here.  BOG's at the top.  This group kept the place on edge which helped urge on a lot of the other writers of whom you are voting.)

2) kentuck

3) Cyrano

4) Warpy

5) bobbolink

6) Stinky the Clown

7) ThomWV

8) xultar

9) Skinner

10) Nance Greggs (based on the "apologist" thread alone)

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 08:49:03 AM »
I haven't changed it yet but I'm rethinking my choice of The BOG, if they win wouldn't that in a way make the radical progressives think their opinion was right? and The Bog winning would focus attention on them and let those with the really radical agenda's just slip by without notice?

Opinions welcomed to help me decide.

ETA: What I'm basically saying is that the BOG are kooks of course, but they're not as kooky as some of the other radicals at DU, so would the BOG winning embolden the radicals?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:53:00 AM by Ballygrl »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 09:10:03 AM »
I haven't changed it yet but I'm rethinking my choice of The BOG, if they win wouldn't that in a way make the radical progressives think their opinion was right? and The Bog winning would focus attention on them and let those with the really radical agenda's just slip by without notice?

ETA: What I'm basically saying is that the BOG are kooks of course, but they're not as kooky as some of the other radicals at DU, so would the BOG winning embolden the radicals?

Just for clarity to everyone, I'm not politicing for the BOG at all.  Just wanted to note that they were a big factor in shaping the comments made at the island this year in a way (IMO) no other "DU Group" has done, not even the GLBTQIXXXNAMBLA group.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Allentownjake

• I'm a mole for OET
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2010, 09:11:57 AM »

You can at least predict what crazy radicals will say.  The BOG is for whatever Dear Leader is for, as such they are far more radical than the radicals.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2010, 11:27:14 AM »
Thanks for the opinions, still thinking about it.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2010, 01:37:55 PM »
Mike 220's votes...

The Willie: While I think the case could be made that without the efforts of the Big 3, there would be no DUmp for us to look at, they've really just sat back and managed the asylum. My vote for the Willie however has brought the reputation of the dump to all corners of the intertubes. Her/His/Its (?) penchant for weaving hardly believable, complicated and just plain bullshit stories has managed to get him/her/it an eponymous term inducted into that greatest of internet monuments, Urban Dictionary. Ladies and Gentlemen, my vote for the Willie will go to: Bouncy Ball.

The Annie: If I had known of this category before say early October, this one would have been a hell of a hard one to choose. There are so many deserving candidates. Bobbo (did you know she was homeless?), Doug's stupid ex-wife (seriously, if she was any more stupid, we'd have to water her) and the scorpion prim (Mr. "I am the Final Arbiter of Blackness") are all worthy selections as are all the others. But that changed a few weeks before the election. That is when the Messiah himself showed up to the lead the DUmmies to the Promised Land of Milk and Honeyâ„¢. Now granted, he flamed out spectacularly come November 2, but that hasn't stopped the DUmmies from singing his praises to the heavens for all to hear. And now, they're not content with a soon to be ex-Congressman; they're looking beyond that! To the Presidency, by G-d! This man is a shoe-in! He speaks truth to power! America loves you, O Messiah! Just pick the right running mate and we shall have paradise on earth! Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, my vote for the Annie is none other than your favorite living Messiah and mine: Alan Grayson.

Finally the hard part. I tend to focus on a few of my favorite DUmmies that I know something about, then the rest I know by passing acquaintance. Kind of like the difference between the guy who sits next to you at work who you play paper football with as compared to the guy down in accounting who you say "hi" to in the hall but you never can seem to remember his name. But here we go.

Top of the list is my favorite DUmmy. I will make no secret of the fact that I row to the island sometimes just to see if he's dropped new turds of wisdom. There's something to be said for this choice, and that thing is: "he's ****ing nuts." But still... The level of paranoia here is amazing to behold. The paint on the wall is after this guy. And the best way to deal with problems with people like the GOP that want to kill you or throw you into camps is to do it first. What's a little preemptive internment between friends after all? Ladies and Gentlemen, my first vote for DUmmy of the Year is: BantheGOP.

This next vote was easy. I've never called anyone a :poser: before for, but this guy has to be a :poser: . Seriously, there's no other explanation that can be drawn from the verbal diarrhea that spills from him. And judging from one of his latest tirades, as a Conservative Jew, I'd be ****ed if he ever got his way Ladies and Gentlemen, my second vote for DUmmy of the Year is: AnArmyVeteran.

For my third vote, this person makes the half dead bush in my front yard look like a Mensa member. Whether its her patented style of answering tough question (put fingers in ears and go "lalallalalalalalallalalal" really loud) to her support for Yugo (I'm still trying to figure out if that's the car or the dictator), really, how could I not vote for this person. Ladies and Gentlemen, my third vote goes to Doug's Stupid Ex-wife: EFerrari.

For my fourth vote, this person crowed to the heavens how she(?) was allegedly accepted into a masters program based on her alleged "poetry." I think that says more for the school that would accept you if it actually happened, than your poetry. Ladies and Gentlemen, my fourth vote goes to: "My dear" CalPeg.

For my fifth vote, this voter is so prolific, you can find him on any thread in any forum, it doesn't matter the subject. And he always sounds so forlorn, like the puppy you just brought home then beat with a newspaper cause he piddled on the floor on accident. I always wonder what this guy's problem is when I see him. Ladies and Gentlemen, my fifth vote goes to: NameRemoved.

For my sixth vote, I must confess I nominated this person. Until a few days ago, right before nominations ended, this DUmmy had managed to stay off my radar. I'm sure I've run across him before, but he never made an impression on me until now. And bloody hell if I can't remember why at the moment. I should have bookmarked that thread. Oh well. Ladies and Gentlemen, my sixth vote goes to: ProudDad.

For my seventh vote, did you know this person was homeless? But she has an IPhone. Go figure. This DUmmy has the incredible ability to turn any thread into a critique on how nobody helps the homeless. Even if that thread is about how your grandkid got a cool new toy for Christm... I mean the Winter Holiday. More than one of the fellow inmates has attempted to help this person before, but unless you're coughing up a 3,000 sf 5 bedroom mansion, free all you can eat gourmet buffet every meal, free health care and paid utilities, keep on walking. However, as an added bonus, if this person wins DotY, I'm personally throwing in a 1985 Buick Skylark to go along with her award. Ladies and Gentlemen, my seventh vote goes to: bobbolink (did you know she was homeless?)

My last three votes I'm just going to hand out to DUmmies who I happen to know something about, but the list of things that would prompt their nomination are too long and distinguished to go into. We all know why they're here. Accordingly, my eight, ninth and tenth votes go to Stinky the Clown (the Odoriferous Harlequin), The Magistrate (The Magisterial One) and Hannah Bell (putting the [elementary school] class in Marxist class warfare for 20 years) respectively.

Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Karin

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2010, 02:04:17 PM »
Hi All, Thanks for the great and entertaining write-ups!  I'm going to do my Willie and Annie first, then my pick-10 separately.

The Willie, for the person who has done the most for the island.  Who has bestowed a famous feature all their own to the Isle of Misfits?  Why, it's BouncyBall of course.  We would have been so deprived of some solid comedy gold without her great work in establishing the ouvre

I have to do an honorable mention here, one who was not nominated for an Annie, that is, the Biggest Loser of them all.  That would go to anybody who fell for any bouncy at any time, with cheering, clapping, K&R's, or smiley's of any kind.  Anybody this gullible is going to get seriously hurt sometime in life.  A loser.

And, so on toThe Annie  The island's biggest loser.  I am voting for the B0G.  Inhabitants of the BOG cannot think for themselves.  They can't critically step back and objectively see something they may not want to see.  They are classic cult followers.  They are the sorts who will be ever-dependent, and parroters of talking points.  This is not a path to success in life, hence, the biggest losers. 

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2010, 02:31:16 PM »
Willie: BouncyBall
Annie: NanceGreggs

For TOP DUmmie OF 2010 (in no particular order):

Alan Grayson
BantheGOP (even though I think he's a mole)

The B0G (funny how that's so close to BORG!  :-))

DainBramaged
defendandprotect
Fat Che's little brother  (these 3 are the NJ trifecta of stupid)

ProudDad
Redstone
Rsmith6221
xultar
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:46:58 PM by franksolich »
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 03:58:51 PM »
Willie- xultar
Annie - Alan Grayson

Primitive of the Year - The BOG

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »
Thus far, this is awesome; I thank all those who've participated, and there's still plenty of time.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 05:28:34 PM »
The B0G (funny how that's so close to BORG!  :-))

"We are the BOG. You will be taxed. We will take your productivity and individuality for the common good. Dissent is futile."
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 07:53:02 PM »
WILLIE: spooked911

ANNIE: EFerrari

TOP DUMMIES:

bobbolink

Proud2BlibKansan

kentuck

MineralMan

EFerrari

Cyrano

xultar

Redstone

The BOG

CaliforniaPeggy

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2010, 08:44:53 PM »

For the WILLIE

WilliamPitt

For the ANNIE

bobbolink

For TOP DUmmie OF 2010 (vote for ten):

-bobbolink
-Cyrano
-IanDavid
-Jackpine_Radical
-kentuck
-MineralMan
-ProSense
-Proud2BlibKansan
-Stinky the Clown
-Taverner

Tough choices. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2010, 10:48:14 PM »
Jeez! I can't believe I forgot DUmmie of the Year! :thatsright:

For DUmmie of the year, I shall select the CalPig primitive. Or...CaliforniaPeggy as she is known on the Island. In my mind, she is one of the Top Tier primitives. (as referenced in my Top DUmmie ballot.) But she's more than that. For it was not so long ago that she actually purchased DU Stars for....anyone that asked. She's clearly got more money than brains. That, on top of being absolutely vile (proof via threads would take up way too much space) and another pet of The Big 3, is why I nominate CaliforniaPeggy for POTY.

Offline notaDUmmie

• MDT 5/20/96-6/19/15
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2010, 05:12:57 AM »
It was a tough choice, but for the Willie, my vote goes to Proud2blibKansan.  On a daily basis, she promotes, by the way she lives and posts, the very principles that the DUmmies want to foist onto every American...steal from the producers to give to the non-producers, weaken our national defense until we aren't able to defend ourselves from a group of wayward Boy Scouts, and ensure that our children in public schools are indoctrinated and dumbed down to the point that they don't know any better.

The Annie vote was easier for me, as truly, is there a bigger loser IRL than Stinky the Clown?  To me, this vote doesn't even require a detailed explanation...just read his posts.

***edited because I'm only on my first cup of coffee and reversed the meanings of "Annie" & "Willie"

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:18:27 AM by notaDUmmie »

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2010, 05:32:39 AM »

For DUmmie of the year, I shall select the CalPig primitive. Or...CaliforniaPeggy as she is known on the Island. In my mind, she is one of the Top Tier primitives. (as referenced in my Top DUmmie ballot.) But she's more than that. For it was not so long ago that she actually purchased DU Stars for....anyone that asked. She's clearly got more money than brains. That, on top of being absolutely vile (proof via threads would take up way too much space) and another pet of The Big 3, is why I nominate CaliforniaPeggy for POTY.

Rev, you get to pick nine more for Top Dummie.  Use those votes. :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2010, 07:13:10 AM »

Bally,
Usually the winner of DOTY fades rapidly after their win if that helps your decision.  :-)

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 07:59:26 AM »

There is no "DUmmie of 2010" until after all the votes are cast and counted, and the primitive candidates are ranked in order of how many votes each one got.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2010, 08:18:04 AM »

As our esteemed colleague Randy mentioned further up, madam, usually the top primitive sort of, uh, disappears after being selected. 

Keep that in mind.

I dunno why that happens, but it happens, and there you have it.
apres moi, le deluge