Author Topic: cutting off access to guests  (Read 5478 times)

Offline formerlurker

cutting off access to guests
« on: April 01, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »
Did I miss a thread? 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: cutting off access to guests
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »
Oh now, you should check your personal messages.

I wish WhiteGuyPI would too, about something else.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:54:42 PM »
To cut down on the lurkers and snoopers the admin's decided to restrict the board viewing to active members only.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 04:59:22 PM »
To cut down on the lurkers and snoopers the admin's decided to restrict the board viewing to active members only.

And if you donate you get membership in the "Cave's Cave", a backroom for all the Kool Kids. 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 05:16:53 PM »

And if you donate you get membership in the "Cave's Cave", a backroom for all the Kool Kids. 

:lmao:  Uh, no. We don't keep certain features away from members here.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline OkieJohn

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 09:12:40 AM »

I don't understand.

So Cu will be "the site which cannot be named," and CC will be "the site which cannot be viewed."

Perhaps your right.  God help us if our ideals and values were to spread around the Internet.

I am sure the moonbats will take great pleasure in knowing they can shutdown a great RW site just by doing a little lurking and snooping.

This site is filled with remarkably intelligent people and I know I am not one of them.  Shutting off their words to the world, almost seems like a crime.

This site came into being because of emotions.  Looks like they still rule.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 09:35:10 AM »
If the DUmmies, retards and gator want to read this site, let them join.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »

I don't understand.

So Cu will be "the site which cannot be named," and CC will be "the site which cannot be viewed."

Perhaps your right.  God help us if our ideals and values were to spread around the Internet.

I am sure the moonbats will take great pleasure in knowing they can shutdown a great RW site just by doing a little lurking and snooping.

This site is filled with remarkably intelligent people and I know I am not one of them.  Shutting off their words to the world, almost seems like a crime.

That is not the case at all. It is not meant to stifle the thoughts of CC members. And you are 100% correct in your assessment, we have some of the best and brightest posting a lot of quality stuff here. This site is not "shut down". That's a bit of an overstatement.

The Admin team/board owners of CC are actively involved and are doing everything they can to make CC a success. As a moderator, I have confidence in their abilities and I know that decisions like this are made after a lot of thought and planning.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 09:37:39 AM »
I don't understand.

You do realize what yesterday was, right? Also, "CU, being the site than cannot be named"? Huh? Where did you read that rule here?

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline OkieJohn

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 10:02:46 AM »
I don't understand.

You do realize what yesterday was, right? Also, "CU, being the site than cannot be named"? Huh? Where did you read that rule here?

I spent 3 hours and used two dictionaries writing that post.  Then I find out it was a joke.

You got me good, but my faith in mankind has been restored, and the cold sweats are subsiding. 

CC will become one of the greats BTW.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 10:04:35 AM »
I don't understand.

I spent 3 hours and used two dictionaries writing that post.  Then I find out it was a joke.

You got me good, but my faith in mankind has been restored, and the cold sweats are subsiding. 

It was a damn good post!  :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 10:42:47 AM »

I don't understand.

Ummmm...

It was an April Fools joke...

Geez! 

Get a grip people.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 10:46:05 AM »
I don't understand.

Bunch of chuckleheads...see what we gotta put up with? :lmao:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 10:48:28 AM »

I don't understand.

Ummmm...

It was an April Fools joke...

Geez! 

Get a grip people.
I fell for it. :-)

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 10:56:05 AM »
Gee.  This thread is really separating the Honor Rollers from the Special Eds.   :rotf:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 11:17:48 AM »
Gee.  This thread is really separating the Honor Rollers from the Special Eds.   :rotf:
I thought it was "special rollers" and "honor eds".   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 11:19:31 AM »

Did you just call Dixie...*whispers* 'special'  :lmao: *runs* :uhsure:

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 11:25:50 AM »
How many "new members" did we sign up yesterday?  What is their DU names?
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 11:26:15 AM »
Tee Hee!!!!!

I'm always "special". :-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 12:39:36 PM »

:thinking: Must be one of those Special Eds.  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 12:47:10 PM »

:thinking: Must be one of those Special Eds.  :-)
If teh gator ever had the cojones to sign up here, can we permanetly change his username to "Special Ed"?   :evillaugh: