Author Topic: Plot reveals third graders were planning to attack teacher  (Read 1153 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Plot reveals third graders were planning to attack teacher
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:55:03 AM »
WAYCROSS, GA -- It's the type of news you don't expect to hear coming out of an elementary school. Nine third grade students suspended at Center Elementary in Waycross for an alleged plot to attack their teacher.

"This plot was uncovered at the point that something dangerous was brought to the school," says Lt. Dwayne Caswell with Waycross Police.

Police say the students were hatching a plan to harm their teacher Friday morning. They even brought items from home to carry out the plan.

"They had a broken steak knife, a crystal paper weight, toy handcuffs, several items and tape and stuff," says Lt. Caswell.

Ware County School officials say a classmate told the principal about one of the students bringing a weapon to school. The discovery was later made that more students were in on the plot. The school says it’s a matter they are not taking lightly.

"Some might say 'They were young and in the third grade and how serious could it be?', but anytime our students' safety or our teachers' safety is compromised we obviously have to take that very seriously," says Theresa Martin with Ware County Schools.

The school district says all the students are suspended until further disciplinary action is decided.

"We continue to do what we always do which is work to make our students aware that this is not appropriate and we ask our parents to help us. The whole saying that it takes a village to raise a child is very appropriate at this time," says Martin.

Police say no criminal charges will be brought forth against the students. The District Attorney is handling the case and students will most likely face juvenile charges of Unruly Child.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=106016

Had to throw in that whole "village" B.S. Nope, it takes an ass whooping to raise a child you moron. Especially ones like this.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Plot reveals third graders were planning to attack teacher
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »
....and Mrs. Tingle lives to teach another day.

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 03:01:06 PM »
Seriously, though, how did these kids get so messed up to even CONTEMPLATE something like this??   It boggles the mind.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 03:40:36 PM »
I know!!! One other media report said one kid was in charge of "mopping up the blood". Oh my....

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 03:42:51 PM »

that one is a head scratcher . . . :confused:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 06:20:20 PM »
I hate to bring up such an old thread, but here goes

I was speaking to an uncle the other day who lives near Waycross, and he told me that the NAACP is now calling for an investigation of the teacher. I checked and sure enough. Here's the linky dink: http://savannahnow.com/node/477780
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 07:17:13 PM »

I was speaking to an uncle the other day who lives near Waycross, and he told me that the NAACP is now calling for an investigation of the teacher. I checked and sure enough. Here's the linky dink: http://savannahnow.com/node/477780
OH FFS!!!!!!!!!! It's all the teacher's fault????

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 08:07:48 PM »

OH FFS!!!!!!!!!! It's all the teacher's fault????

I don't know who made the silliest statement. Was it the SCLC pres. who said "the accused children were not plotting to harm their teacher" or was it the NAACP pres. who said "the children were planning to throw pies at the teacher and put their heads on their desks to hide who threw the pies. But there was no murder plot"?

From where I sit you don't need the items that the students took to school to "throw pies", but they items would seem to come in handy if you were plotting to harm your teacher.

I don't know if it's true or not, but my uncle claims that the teacher in question was Teacher of the Year in the recent past.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.