Author Topic: Bathroom  (Read 1900 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Bathroom
« on: July 06, 2010, 03:08:58 PM »
I can't find my camera, I think my son did something with it so I took pictures with my phone.  Thought I would show you all what we have so far.  We are doing white subway tile around the whole bathroom, the shower walls up to the ceiling then also tiling the ceiling.  There is a black pencil tile that goes between the last subway tile on the wall and the chair rail tile.  My husband started the black pencil tile but hasn't put any of the chair rail tile up yet.  We painted the walls and all I can say is that Restoration Hardware "Slate" has more green than grey in it.  We are also doing crown moulding at the top of the ceiling.  Originally when this house was built they used wire mesh and plaster.  The wire mesh (which is really thick) was embedded in the ceiling so my husband left it at the very top so he is going to cover it up with crown moulding.  I bet you some day when someone decides to remodel this bathroom they are going to wonder why the heck we did that.

My husband got the door trim off with out screwing up any of it.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Bathroom
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »
I thought I would also show you what the floor will look like.  In the following pictures I had set the black cove base tile up against the wall where it will be and put down some of the floor tile.  It is all white but we have a few sheets of black hex tile that we will scatter in some random pattern through out the floor.  I just set them on top for now.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 04:37:46 PM »
Very nice.

I like it.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 05:27:32 PM »
Like it so far...can't wait to see pictures when it's completed.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 08:26:38 AM »
Looking good!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 02:06:18 PM »
He's doing a great job! Not my favorite (too "busy") but if you like it that's all that matters.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 07:25:06 PM »
He's doing a great job! Not my favorite (too "busy") but if you like it that's all that matters.

Everyone's taste is different and we realize that. We are trying to go for a "retro" (around 1920's) bathroom. They used white subway tile all the way around the bathroom with hex floor tile.  Normally they had a little black mixed in. We are also using a pedistal sink. We are keeping the original tub (from 1949), wish we had a clawfoot tub though to make it more in line with the period.   

Offline Madam Firecracker

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »
I think it's going to be stunning! Staying with the age/style of the house but updating everything is the best way to go.