Author Topic: Actual Pony Delivered Appears Sickly, Coughing Up Blood  (Read 6586 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Actual Pony Delivered Appears Sickly, Coughing Up Blood
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:32:05 AM »
Better Believe It  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 03:28 AM
Original message
Say goodbye to full-time jobs with benefits   Updated at 3:28 AM

Edited on Sun Jun-06-10 03:32 AM by Better Believe It

Say goodbye to full-time jobs with benefits
By Chris Isidore, senior writer
June 5, 2010

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Jobs may be coming back, but they aren't the same ones workers were used to.

Many of the jobs employers are adding are temporary or contract positions, rather than traditional full-time jobs with benefits. With unemployment remaining near 10%, employers have their pick of workers willing to accept less secure positions.

James Stoeckmann, senior practice leader at WorldatWork, a professional association of human resource executives, believes that full-time employees could become the minority of the nation's workforce within 20 to 30 years, leaving employees without traditional benefits such as health coverage, paid vacations and retirement plans, that most workers take for granted today.

"The traditional job is not doomed. But it will increasingly have competition from other models, the most prominent is the independent contractor model," he said.

Doug Arms, senior vice president of Ajilon, a staffing firm, says about 90% of the positions his company is helping clients fill right now are on a contract basis.

"Employers are reluctant to bring on permanent employees too quickly," he said. "And the available candidate landscape is much different now. They're a little more aggressive to take any position."

Much of the change is due to employers' desire to limit their costs. Stoechmann equates the shift to the one seen in retirement plans, in which employers moved away from the traditional pension plan toward defined contribution plans, which passes more of the burden onto the employee.

Health care reform legislation passed earlier this year, which will create a mandate for employers to provide health benefits for employees but not contractors, will also feed the trend.

"Once you have an employer mandate in place, you create an incentive for employers to get around that mandate," said Susan Houseman, a senior economist studying labor issues at the W.E. Upjohn Institute.

Sara Horowitz, the founder and executive director of the Freelancers Union, an advocacy group for freelancers and independent contractors, said that employment laws and protections have been slow to recognize the shift. For example, independent contractors aren't eligible for unemployment benefits. And they have to pay both the employee and the employer match on their Social Security taxes.

Read the full article at:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/01/news/economy/contract_j...
Emphasis added by DUmbass.

You know DUmbass, this is EXACTLY what conservatives were saying would happen. Go to hotair.com and search their articles and those they brought over from numerous sources like the WSJ. You and CNN ignored them. In fact, you did worse than ignore them, you vilified them and said it was nothing more than abject racism because the president was half non-white.

Better Believe It  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 03:34 AM
Response to Reply #1
4. Not when we are well organized and have competent leadership.   Updated at 3:28 AM

Look at American history.

We need to organize on a massive scale and independently of the politicians. Don't wait for some savior or saviors.

Who did you vote for in 2008.

'Cuz unless you voted for Palin and her trained monkey then you voted for exactly what you are bitching about.

You EARNED this.

Skittles  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 03:33 AM
Response to Original message
2. a conservative wet dream

But conservatives fought against this idiotic bill for this very reason.

Then there is the violent Teabagger faction:

Mari333  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 03:34 AM
3. as long as people allow themselves to be fcked they will be fcked

until they rise up, there wont be change.

pattmarty  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 01:30 PM
Response to Reply #19
31. My belief is that for the people that can afford to move to another...............

............country that doesn't treat the MAJORITY of it's citizens like ****ing shit. As far as the rest of us with no resources or educational backing, we are ****ED.

"Well--bye."

rucky  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 01:34 PM
Response to Reply #31
33. with all the teacher firings going on

we're ****ed for at least another generation.

Yes, as RI goes, so goes the nation.

And it goes on like this.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8495810
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: Actual Pony Delivered Appears Sickly, Coughing Up Blood
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:39:32 AM »
Yeah, DUmbasses, we need to copy Greece! 40% of the population either worked for or contracted to the gubmint. That's the ticket, we need to be just like Greece! They have cradle to grave welfare, retire in their 50's, and are running a huge surplus of cash!

Oh, wait................
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:49:24 AM »
Really just the readily-foreseeable consequence of putting in government requirements that gold-plate those 'Regular jobs' to the point they don't make economic sense for the employers.  DUmmies, Dems, and union gangsters don't really understand non-Marxist economics, of course, and since Marxist economics don't actually work in real life, it's kind of a perfect storm of stupid when they're in charge.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:32:13 AM »
New thread, same 2-legged pony:

LWolf  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 03:09 PM
Original message
Health Insurance Reform: My premiums are going up.

My salary is dropping down an elevator shaft, since it is funded by state revenues. My premiums are projected to rise between 15% and 26% this fall.

I already don't use my insurance; I can't afford the deductibles. Now I'll be paying significantly more for insurance I can't afford to use, while my salary will be significantly less.

This is the Democratic majority's insurance reform.

No wonder I didn't support it.

ixion  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 03:17 PM
1. Yep. Those of us who didn't support it

didn't support it for reasons just like this.

vi5  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 03:22 PM
2. But it's REFORM!

It reformed things. Why do you hate reform? I mean health insurance was formed one way and now this is a new way. Hence re-form. Isn't that enough?

AllentownJake  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 03:28 PM
4. Many of us who were sounding the alarm over this bill

Will be proven right in 2 years. We'll be told to shut up when we asked for it to be fixed as well.

The fix was in from the beginning when they dropped any notion of a public option in July from the executive branch.

He got his Rose Garden ceremony, time to look forward.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8497439

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 10:38:45 AM »
vi5  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 03:22 PM
2. But it's REFORM!

It reformed things. Why do you hate reform? I mean health insurance was formed one way and now this is a new way. Hence re-form. Isn't that enough?

:rotf:

Oooohhh, somebody is flirting with a delicious serving of Italian cuisine there!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »
Emphasis added by DUmbass.

You know DUmbass, this is EXACTLY what conservatives were saying would happen. Go to hotair.com and search their articles and those they brought over from numerous sources like the WSJ. You and CNN ignored them. In fact, you did worse than ignore them, you vilified them and said it was nothing more than abject racism because the president was half non-white.

Of course conservatives said that, and many of us showed examples of what could happen yet we were dismissed by the left.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 10:51:17 AM »
So 1+1 still does not equal blue?????

If this was a hundred years ago 96% of the DUmp would have died by age 12.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »
Better Believe It  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 03:34 AM
Response to Reply #1
4. Not when we are well organized and have competent leadership.   Updated at 3:28 AM

Look at American history.

We need to organize on a massive scale and independently of the politicians. Don't wait for some savior or saviors.

Sounds like this person is calling for something like a TEA PARTY PROTEST!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 10:52:42 AM »
Of course conservatives said that, and many of us showed examples of what could happen yet we were dismissed by the left.

No doubt that there are some on the left who will claim that these issues have been purposely created by conservatives to make Healthcare Reform look bad.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 10:55:14 AM »
It really ought to hurt to be that stupid, but judging by the number of them who claim to be on pain or psychoactive meds, maybe it does.

:popcorn:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 10:56:32 AM »

No doubt that there are some on the left who will claim that these issues have been purposely created by conservatives to make Healthcare Reform look bad.

Booooooooosh! oh and Karl Rove!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »
OK what country outside of the USA doesn't treat their population like shit and has far more control over them then we do? So far as I can count that number would be ZERO ,that's the same number of intelligent people voting in the Democratic party.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »
pattmarty  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-06-10 01:30 PM
Response to Reply #19
31. My belief is that for the people that can afford to move to another    country that doesn't treat the MAJORITY of it's citizens like ****ing shit.

Good luck finding one of those, DUmmy.  However, if you would like to leave THIS one, I don't think anybody here will stop you.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 05:09:25 PM »
Good luck finding one of those, DUmmy.  However, if you would like to leave THIS one, I don't think anybody here will stop you.

Hell, I'll give the DUmmie a free ride to the airport.  :-)

Offline Karin

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 12:25:33 PM »
They always say they're going to leave, completely ignoring the threads that talk about how you just can't land in country X and be welcomed with open arms and free stuff. 

Hey DUmmies, you could always vote for someone this fall who has promised to repeal and replace! 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 01:06:19 PM »
Here's a new thread of someone coughing up blood:

Taverner  (1000+ posts)          Mon Jun-07-10 11:49 AM
Original message
Coughing blood and no insurance

Well this sucks...

So no doctor, no meds and I guess I should die quickly, right?

Thank you Republican Party...I am one of your statistics

Excuse me? what does this have to do with the Republican Party? I thought Obamacare was going to take care of everyone?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
Coughing up blood?

How about you use WebMD and figure it out for yourself, douche nozzle.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »
Here's a new thread of someone coughing up blood:

Excuse me? what does this have to do with the Republican Party? I thought Obamacare was going to take care of everyone?

Taverner is a moron, du jour. Hey Tav.... ObamaCare passed. Remember? Go make love to your free pony.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 09:06:07 PM »
Heddi  (1000+ posts)
Mon Jun-07-10 03:19 PM
11. Locking

If you are indeed coughing up blood, insurance or no insurance, you need to be seeing a Doctor in your local emergency room for treatment.

Thanks
Heddi
DU Mod
:overreaction:
It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Taverner is a smoker, would it?  Naw, that's too easy.  Must be some Republican's fault somewhere.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »
Heddi is correct. If he coughing up blood, go to the ER. It's illegal to deny you emergency care.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 10:17:47 PM »
Heddi is correct. If he coughing up blood, go to the ER. It's illegal to deny you emergency care.
Bright red speckles in sputum generally denote an irritated esophagus and it not medically significant.

Dark brownish sputum, particularly with a rancid odor, requires intervention.

Not to cast dispersions BUT...

...I wonder which of the 2 Taverner suffers from. Knowing DUmbasses my guess is the former because he needs SOMETHING to bitch about.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 10:31:16 PM »
So they locked a thread because someone should go to the ER?

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 10:44:39 PM »
So they locked a thread because someone should go to the ER?

nice of them huh? heh

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 10:57:42 PM »
What else would you recommend to get someone off the computer? :evillaugh:

Offline kenth

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 03:02:32 AM »
Bright red speckles in sputum generally denote an irritated esophagus and it not medically significant.

Dark brownish sputum, particularly with a rancid odor, requires intervention.

Not to cast dispersions BUT...

...I wonder which of the 2 Taverner suffers from. Knowing DUmbasses my guess is the former because he needs SOMETHING to bitch about.

I thought coughing up blood was a normal and natural part of respiration. New blood, old blood, it's just a sign that your lungs are in tip-top shape. This dummie shouldn't worry, and carry on as normal.