Author Topic: Ruh-roh: ACORN gotcha man among four arrested  (Read 10621 times)

Offline Schadenfreude

Re: Ruh-roh: ACORN gotcha man among four arrested
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 07:56:36 PM »
A lot of this just doesnt add up. I have talked to James several times, and he never struck me as stupid. This plan, or screw up, just doesnt seem to be on his level.

Oh! You know him for real? I was just joking about what I said up there. ^^^^^^  :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »
With or without his pimp outfit?

Definitely WITH, I'd like to talk him out of it if I may.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »
Wait a sec--what about me?  Wasn't I geeky hot enough for you?

That depends, what's the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow? Huh? Do ya know?  :popcorn:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »
That depends, what's the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow? Huh? Do ya know?  :popcorn:

African or European?

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 08:05:01 PM »
African or European?

Well, I'll have to disqualify you.....  :lmao: but you are geeky beyond reproach.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
Personally, I would have used some Cubans for the wire tapping job....ahem.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens, innocent until something or other, right?

And Mrs. Schad....conjugal visits.

I'm just sayin'.

Yep, in alll serousness, I smell a rat. I don't think Okeefe was stupid by any means and I kinda think he has had legal counsel through all of this. Wait and see.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 08:09:52 PM »

Well, I'll have to disqualify you.....  :lmao: but you are geeky beyond reproach.

:bawl:

*Based upon published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study gives an estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 08:11:29 PM »
:bawl:

*Based upon published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study gives an estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

Don't look now, but your inner geek is showing!  :evillaugh:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 08:12:19 PM »

He already said it.  But consider this:

I AM McLovin!!!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 08:15:56 PM »

Wait, I thought that was the correct answer.  King Arthur never did find the answer either.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 08:16:47 PM »
Don't look now, but your inner geek is showing!  :evillaugh:

I happened to remember the Holy Grail, and google helped from there.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 08:46:35 PM »
I would hazard a guess that young Master Flanagan got an ass kicking from his Dad.  Something stinks here.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 08:54:59 PM »
Maybe. I still think Cubans would have been the way to go. After the dry run at Watergate my money says they've totally got their act together by now.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 09:11:32 PM »
I wonder what he was after. Her Obamacare bribe is old news.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 09:37:50 PM »
I wonder if this wasn't a govt led operation all along, just to "get" this guy.

Interesting, the conspiracy-minded side of me is racing. Let's say that Okeefe was trying to make a name for himself and perhaps not fully vested in this endeavor and he has huge dirt on the Obama machine. The gmen step in because they have to keep this quiet. They put the real fear of big government into Okeefe and get him to agree to this half-baked wire tapping arrest so as to discredit him. I say half baked because did they have any equipment on them? Wire tapping has come a long way from unscrewing the receiver and sticking a little doo-hicky in the phone.  :whatever: Anyway, the charges are dropped and as far as the public is concerned, Okeefe is just slapped on the wrist. But his reputation has been irreversibly tarnished.

Just a thought. Feel free to critique.  :evillaugh: I admit, there are holes. 

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »
It's Louisiana. He probably figured it was the way it's done down there. And it is. You just can't get caught doing it. Or, if caught, you need to have enough dough and/or connections to get out of it.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 11:03:53 PM »
schadie,

James is a cute geek. If I wasnt so old, I'd have flirted it up w/ him. Just saw a new clip w/ him saying "The truth will set me free." Okkkay....He is either a drama queen, or into some deep poo. At least he's out on bond. For now. Also, hearing more info about the other guys. These guys werent stupid, either. Weird.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 01:29:02 AM »
Stop saying that James O'Keefe is hot. I am going to vomit.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 01:57:48 AM »

You could always leave.  Hell, I'll help ya pack.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 05:52:33 AM »
He had to have been set up
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 06:57:57 AM »

Hot hot hot!  :evillaugh:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 07:01:28 AM »
schadie,

James is a cute geek. If I wasnt so old, I'd have flirted it up w/ him. Just saw a new clip w/ him saying "The truth will set me free." Okkkay....He is either a drama queen, or into some deep poo. At least he's out on bond. For now. Also, hearing more info about the other guys. These guys werent stupid, either. Weird.

I need to look up that clip, the optimist says he has something really huge on these crooks and the pessimist smells a set up. I'm interested in knowing how you met him, I love a good story. Feel free to drop me a PM.   :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2010, 07:15:37 AM »
I wonder if Okeefe ever tagged Giles??

She gives Schad a run for her money   :fuelfire:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2010, 11:14:27 AM »
I need to look up that clip, the optimist says he has something really huge on these crooks and the pessimist smells a set up. I'm interested in knowing how you met him, I love a good story. Feel free to drop me a PM.   :-)
He posted one tweet last night saying the truth will set him free.  My inner optimist is waiting for more information.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2010, 11:47:01 AM »
I wonder if Okeefe ever tagged Giles??

She gives Schad a run for her money   :fuelfire:

Level.Playing.Field.Please.  :rotf: I have 30 years on that cute young thing.