Author Topic: "In The Dumpster"  (Read 9420 times)

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
"In The Dumpster"
« on: August 21, 2009, 07:18:37 PM »
OK. I'm a noob. But does all this good site do is pick apart DUmmies? They're idiots. Whenever I hit "New Posts" theyre all linked to DU jackasses. How about some topics on what's going on with the Dear Leader's attempt to socialize us. They all seem to get drowned out by a select few who continue ad infinitum against DU. OK. We get it. DU are turds. We all know that.

-Russ
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: "In The Dumpster"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 07:30:46 PM »
You can ignore it if you like, but that forum does get most of the traffic.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php?action=profile;u=704;sa=ignoreBoards

Train wrecks can be fun to watch sometimes.

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 07:38:10 PM »
I won't ignore it. I like it here.  :cheersmate:

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 07:41:28 PM »
OK. I'm a noob. But does all this good site do is pick apart DUmmies? They're idiots. Whenever I hit "New Posts" theyre all linked to DU jackasses. How about some topics on what's going on with the Dear Leader's attempt to socialize us. They all seem to get drowned out by a select few who continue ad infinitum against DU. OK. We get it. DU are turds. We all know that.

-Russ
The DUmpster is our most popular comedy.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 07:52:52 PM »

-Russ

I don't hit the "new posts" button. I just go to the boards that show they have new posts.  Not much happens on "breaking new's" or the politics thread on the weekends.

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »
The DUmpster is our most popular comedy.

This is true.

Semper Fi.

Apologies if I was out of line.

SSgt R.T. Smith
USMC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzccgMy0P6s&feature=PlayList&p=C7A048D29D672D3C
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:03:22 PM by ColonialMarine0431 »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 09:47:39 PM »
Well now, sir, actually anybody and everybody is wholly free to make of this web-site what one wishes to make of it.  It wasn't designed specifically to make fun of the primitives on Skins's island, although that was one of many of its goals.

As it evolved, because of the interest and dedication of many members, making fun of the primitives turned out to be the number one sport here.

I just recently brought the matter up myself, this fear of having an unbalanced board, because it should be of concern. 

It would be nice if traffic came in for the meat-and-potatoes of Breaking News, General Discussion, and Politics, and thereafter heading for the ice-cream fountain of the DUmpster for dessert, but I suspect there's something else going on here.

Many of the most-frequent posters in the DUmpster, myself excluded, are of the highest calibre of intellectual, moral, creative, and political integrity, mostly because they're involved in politics and government in real life, not to mention actually working for a living, and so by the time they come here--highest traffic is usually about after supper-time--they just want some wanton casual relaxation and merriment.

If any member thinks that's too much dessert and not enough meat-and-potatoes, he's perfectly free to build up the course offerings in any forum here.  And I for one would welcome that.

Why I don't do it--I do do it, but not all the time--is because observation and analysis of the primitives is of great academic interest to me, and so I tend to not post so much in other forums.  The old saying about, "shoemaker, stick to your last," posting about things in which one has competence, is the rule I try to follow.

And as moderator of the DUmpster, I have my own goal, that of trying to catch up with other web-sites that expose the primitives, such as P-J Comix's most-excellent DUmmie FUnnies or our old home.  They're still ahead of us, and we've got a long ways to go, to catch up with them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 10:06:40 PM »
And as moderator of the DUmpster, I have my own goal, that of trying to catch up with other web-sites that expose the primitives, such as P-J Comix's most-excellent DUmmie FUnnies or our old home.  They're still ahead of us, and we've got a long ways to go, to catch up with them.

I'll give you that PJ is funny and very observant.  He should pop over here every so often and say Hi.  As for our old home, we're ahead of them, frank.  I've looked over there a couple of times in the past few months, and they can't even hope to keep up with the observations those of us here make.

As for the SSgt, welcome.  Might I suggest rather than hitting New Posts, just go to the Forums page and select from there.  I used to do New Posts, too, but found doing it this other way to work out better for me.  Try it if you like, it might work the same way for you.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 06:27:27 PM »
I have to say I'm one of those who ignores the DUmp.

No offense to those who enjoy that sort of thing, but I get enough hilarity at the lunacy of our politicians to want to invest any more time with the types of morons that I have seen over there at "Skin's Island."
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 06:45:15 PM »
I have to say I'm one of those who ignores the DUmp.

No offense to those who enjoy that sort of thing, but I get enough hilarity at the lunacy of our politicians to want to invest any more time with the types of morons that I have seen over there at "Skin's Island."

No offense taken, sir, and we all enjoy your comments and observations in the other forums. 

But my attitude comes from the perception that conservativecave is not a fully-built house with a limited number of rooms and space; potential expansion is unlimited. 

All it takes is for people to continually and increasingly flow to other forums that strike their interest.

As mentioned before, I have been uncomfortable with all this "uneven" growth and development of the board as a whole--usually stated in the moderators' forum-- because it does no good to have a healthy heart but sick lungs, or somesuch.

All it takes is for people to continually and increasingly flow to other forums that strike their interest.

Chris mentioned a way where one can "filter out" forums for one's own "latest posts" pages.  I forget what it was, though, because as a moderator I myself have to read every single post in every single forum anyway.  If more used that feature, it might inspire them to post and comment in forums they prefer, building up conservativecave more and more.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 08:17:58 PM »
I read the DUmpster after I gone through ever other forum on the site, usually because there's so much new stuff to look at.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 06:36:54 PM »
DU is not the only insane place on the Net. I post stuff other than DU there to add to the mix.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 03:42:56 PM »
I admit I do scan the DUmpster occasionally. As they say, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 04:27:54 PM »
I admit I do scan the DUmpster occasionally. As they say, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

Actually, after nearly eight years of watching the primitives on Skins's island, I've been moving closer and closer to the idea that when all is said and done, the primitives are pretty ephermal, pretty meaningless, pretty irrelevant.

I actually used to think the primitives were a Threat to the Republic.

No more.

Now, it's more like sitting on the couch on a summer Sunday afternoon, waiting for someone to show up here, who might, or might not, be on time, and since there's nothing else to do, idly tossing an expandable shoe-string into the air, and watching the cats try to catch it.

That sort of thing.

The primitives have marginalized, trivialized, their own selves by their lack of imagination, their fear of change, their incessant use of obscenities and cliches and lies, their utter self-centeredness.

And so any more, it's like mindlessly dangling a string over the head of the cats, daring them to catch it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 05:06:06 PM »
I agree with you Frank. It's kind of amusing to watch them from this side of the glass.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 05:52:42 PM »
I agree with you Frank. It's kind of amusing to watch them from this side of the glass.

Yeah, I think the success of KOS pretty much marginalized DU.  Still funny to watch the silly monkeys at play, though.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »

That's exactly what I use it for. Make no mistake, those fruitbats at DU? They help drive the thought process of many Democrat politicians.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »
I've known about DU for years like most people have, but I avoided going there. Then when I did and starting reading the posts I was like WTF????

It's a Mad House! A Mad House!

The inmates are running the Asylum!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 02:44:30 PM »
That has got to be one of the funniest dang things I have seen in a while.  Thanks!   :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 06:51:11 PM »
This is true.

Semper Fi.

Apologies if I was out of line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzccgMy0P6s&feature=PlayList&p=C7A048D29D672D3C

Not at all, Marine. We are all here for various reasons, contenpt for the leftist ****s is a common one. Whenever I feel like I should cut them some slack, I row over to the island and read a few posts. Then I remember who the other enemy is.
I would suppose you've done your time in the box?

Major Dutch
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »
That's exactly what I use it for. Make no mistake, those fruitbats at DU? They help drive the thought process of many Democrat politicians.

Thats a BIG +1 from me. All too often I see the same sort of madness on display in D.C.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.