Author Topic: Two CBS journalists missing in Iraq  (Read 1777 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Two CBS journalists missing in Iraq
« on: February 11, 2008, 03:15:32 PM »
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two journalists working for CBS News have gone missing in the southern Iraqi city of Basra, the company said in a statement.

"All efforts are under way to find them and until we learn more details, CBS News requests that others do not speculate on the identities of those involved. CBS News has been in touch with the families and asks that their privacy be respected," CBS News said in a statement.

Iraq has become extremely hazardous for journalists, raising concerns about the diminished amount of information about the war that is available to the public.

The Committee to Protect Journalists in a recent report called the Iraq war "the deadliest conflict for journalists in recent history," with 125 journalists and 49 support workers killed since the March 2003 U.S.-led invasion.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN112902420080211?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Two CBS journalists missing in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 03:17:36 PM »
I feel bad for their families, but it amazes me that "journalists" continue to think they are immune.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »
I think it's a waste of manpower to have our troops searching for journalists.  Talk about having to take your eye off the prize.  This is nothing more than a distraction for our men and women trying to serve over there.  Journalists need to stay out of the way.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 03:24:31 PM »
This begs the question, would the journalists own side, the marauding terrorist, do them in?  Or were they kidnapped by average Iraqis feed up with the lies?  

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 03:25:53 PM »

I am very sorry they are missing, and sincerely hope that they turn back up alive and well.

however, compare the coverage of missing journalists to missing soldiers.  the MSM loves to cover itself.