Author Topic: Arsonist caught. Coatesville sleeps.  (Read 2130 times)

Offline 9outof10

• Just Off Probation
  • Big Babboon ass lovin' to Mr. President.
Arsonist caught. Coatesville sleeps.
« on: February 21, 2009, 04:14:32 AM »
DOWNINGTOWN — Police charged two men Thursday in connection to a string of arsons that has plagued the Coatesville area since the start of the year.

Police arrested 19-year-old Roger Leon Barlow Jr. for allegedly starting nine of the 23 fires set in the Coatesville area including the Jan. 24 fire that ripped through 15 city rowhomes.

Late Thursday evening, Mark Gilliam, 20, of West Bradford, was charged with the Jan. 25 attempted arson of the Happy Days Family Bistro on East Lincoln Highway in Caln.

Barlow, of Downingtown, was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Rita Arnold about 2:30 p.m. Thursday after police charged him with multiple counts of arson.

Based on the bail agency's recommendation, Arnold set Barlow's bail at $9 million. In lieu of bail, he was taken to Chester County Prison.

(LINK)

I do not know how many people here have heard about this. Those in the Philly area are more than aware of it. The City of Coatesville, about 30 miles west of Philadelpha, has been terrorized by an arsonist for the past year. Since Jan 1 of this year, almost 20 deliberate fires set in or around Coatesville. One destroying 15 rowhomes and leaving any people homeless. Four deaths, an elderly woman, and three children, have been attributed to arson. One of the children was the half brother of my daughters best friend.

The story has garnered national headlines and Coatesville is under a State of Emergency.

I am local to these people. Close enough that I feared for the safety of my own children and house. This city banded together in a way that I am proud to say I was a part of. Donations of food, clothing, furniture, everyday household items, and thousands of dollars have been made to help these families that lost everything.

Enough background. Here's the article from the local paper. The Philly papers also covered it.

Enjoy Hell, rotten bastards. Know the pain of a fiery death that you caused many people. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:07:15 PM by Chris »

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: Arsonist caught. Coatesville sleeps.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 06:23:50 AM »
Enjoy Hell, rotten bastards. Know the pain of a fiery death that you caused many people. 

It's a pity that Ole' Sparky has been retired.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Arsonist caught. Coatesville sleeps.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
It's a pity that Ole' Sparky has been retired.

Old Sparky is still humane punishment compared to the vast scale of options open to someone willing to extract the full pound of flesh from some coddled mother****er.

You'd be amazed sometimes, what the human body can live through... :popcorn:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.