Author Topic: The human suffering in our cities is a symptom of deep cultural rot. Here's how  (Read 493 times)

Offline SVPete

The human suffering in our cities is a symptom of deep cultural rot. Here's how I plan to fix it

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/patriotism-unity/the-human-suffering-in-our-cities-is-a-symptom-of-deep-cultural-rot-heres-how-i-plan-to-fix-it

By Vivek Ramaswamy | June 27, 2023 09:00 AM

I don’t believe it has to be this way. After traveling the country and speaking with voters, I am more convinced than ever that we don’t have to be a nation in decline. But first, we have to make that choice — a choice to be better, to do better. And it starts with better policies.

As president, I’m prepared to do just that. However, those policies will take time to take root. If a sink is overflowing, you don’t run for a mop, you turn the faucet off first. I believe there are simple opportunities to stop the flooding of despair we witnessed on the streets of Kensington. And when combined with the hard work of reviving our national identity, I believe such an agenda will produce good fruits in this country.

The first step is to stop incentivizing people to do the very things we don’t want them to do. If we want people to work, then stop paying them not to work. If we want people to be clean and sober, then stop handing out needles and crack pipes. Enabling destructive behavior is not compassionate. Do we really think handing out kits packed with Pyrex crack pipes, metal pipe screens, mouthpieces, lip balm, alcohol swabs, lighters, chewing gum, and condoms, is the way to help people get back on their feet?
The second step is a little more complex. To progress from the initial stage of prioritizing urgent needs to effectively tackling the problem of drugs inundating our streets, we must address the vulnerabilities along our borders. This is just common sense. After witnessing the sheer human misery caused by unfettered drug access for myself, I’m astonished that we haven't focused our attention on the immense power the drug cartels have along our southern border and the devasting impact this has had on Americans.

Because of his lack of name recognition, I do not believe Ramaswamy has a ghost of a chance in the R primaries. OTOH, if he's willing to go that route I think he could be an excellent running mate.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

His ideas are great but the problem is he is swimming against the tide.. Trump tried to clean up some of those problems but was stopped by political enemies.
Homelessness, poverty,drug addiction are big business to all the advocacy groups and they will fight tooth and nail to keep the$$$ flowing.
  The drug problem will never end unless the countries involved are made to clean up their act but they are corrupt and not ready to do anything about it until we take strong action that no one in Washington will do.
  Unfortunately it’s easy to talk about solving our problems but ones like our inner cities have been decades in the making and will take decades to resolve.
  Since our politicians can only see into the future as far as the next election not much can be done
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Old n Grumpy

Not only doesn’t he have name recognition his tan makes him another race traitor who left the plantation. That’s how he will be treated by the left and the mainstream media. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!