Author Topic: Kamala Harris Snubs Joe Biden as Tensions Grow  (Read 474 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Kamala Harris Snubs Joe Biden as Tensions Grow
« on: May 05, 2022, 08:11:44 AM »
I just love it when the enemy is so stupid as to shoot themselves in the kneecap multiple times in multiple ways. And to answer bonchie's question about who's in charge, it sure as hell ain't SharterJoe. Two gets you twenty that it's Barry.

The tensions between Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have been extensively chronicled over the last year. While they put on happy faces when they are together, it’s been revealed that Jill Biden never wanted Harris on the ticket. Further, reports have shown that the vice president’s camp has gone so far as to accuse the White House of racism. There are multiple other examples.

Now, Harris has snubbed Biden, refusing to do a social media video covering the cancelation of student debt. Her reason? Biden’s policy isn’t progressive enough.

Early in April, Vice President KAMALA HARRIS’ office began collaborating with the White House on a social media video to promote the administration’s extension of its pause on federal student loan payments.

Harris’ office then decided against it, according to two White House officials familiar with the matter…

…Privately, Harris has advocated for additional loan forgiveness. One White House source said her office seemed initially eager to participate in the administration’s public dialogue around student loans. But conscious of progressives pushing Biden to unilaterally cancel tens of thousands of dollars in student debt and that Biden is resisting such lobbying, the vice president has been increasingly wary of becoming part of the public face of the administration’s response.

The delicate politics reflects the broader divisions within the administration over student debt relief, a debate that goes all the way to the top.

I find this incredible for two reasons.

One, it’s extremely odd to see a president so not in control of his own administration that the vice president can just refuse to participate in a major policy push. Who is actually in charge here? It sure doesn’t seem to be Joe Biden, and it’s possible that his far-left handlers actually sympathized with Harris here, allowing her to get away with ducking out.

An administration that is not on the same page on something this simple is not normal. Besides, on what planet is canceling $10,000 of student debt for the wealthy and those with high-income potential by milking working Americans not a progressive policy?

And that leads me to my next point. Harris is already deeply unliked by the American people. She consistently has one of the lowest favorable ratings in the country of any major politician. That includes Joe Biden, who himself is dancing around in the very low 40s on approval.  Every poll I’ve seen has her getting clocked by Donald Trump (and just about anyone else) in 2024, given she’s the presumptive Democrat nominee. You’d think her abject failure as a vice president would bring about some introspection on how to change that dynamic.

Instead, she’s running further to the left? How is that supposed to help her reach a broader share of the electorate? The answer is that it won’t, and it shows just how horrible Harris’ political instincts are. She does not need to appease the far-left at this point. They are going to trip over themselves to vote for her no matter what. She needs to adjust her appeal, whether we are talking policy or her often cringe public performances.

But hey, if she wants to keep running toward the cliff, who am I to tell her to stop? Harris somehow manages to make Hillary Clinton seem capable, and if the vice president wants to fully play into that, go ahead.

RedState
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Kamala Harris Snubs Joe Biden as Tensions Grow
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 08:19:34 AM »
The absolute only reason she was picked was because of her sex and darker than white skin.

She had less than 5% support when she was on the campaign trail, if I remember correctly.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 08:23:15 AM »
The absolute only reason she was picked was because of her sex and darker than white skin.

She had less than 5% support when she was on the campaign trail, if I remember correctly.

KC

SharterJoe could've opted for Susan Rice, Valerie Jarrett or any number of other leftist women with dark skin. It's arguable if any of those options would've resonated better than Kamala-toe, but if hindsight is 20/20 at all, Joe is probably kicking himself in the 'nads - assuming he can find them.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 08:37:55 AM »
SharterJoe could've opted for Susan Rice, Valerie Jarrett or any number of other leftist women with dark skin. It's arguable if any of those options would've resonated better than Kamala-toe, but if hindsight is 20/20 at all, Joe is probably kicking himself in the 'nads - assuming he can find them.

Just my opinion, but the democrat party is going to run themselves into the ground with identity politics.  Once they figure out the majority of Americans would prefer people be hired because they're the most qualified and identity be damned, it might be too late.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 08:47:02 AM »

IMO, Kammie was picked for her skin color, reproductive plumbing, AND for being so stupid/inept/arrogant that Dems would be very reluctant to 25th-Amendment LIEden.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 08:50:38 AM »

Just my opinion, but the democrat party is going to run themselves into the ground with identity politics.  Once they figure out the majority of Americans would prefer people be hired because they're the most qualified and identity be damned, it might be too late.

KC

The interesting thing we're seeing is the Hispanic vote -- despite SharterJoe's open borders policy, the Hispanics and terrorists that he's blindly allowing into the country take one look around and the stupidity and incompetence that Joe demonstrates all too often and say, "Screw this leftist crap. I want to safeguard my family and the best path forward on that is to look to the right."

I seriously doubt that the Democrats will self-destruct, as much as I would like them to. The insanity that is pervasive in academia, Hollyweird, and in much of the government is simply too entrenched. It'll take as long to root the bastards out as it took for them to worm themselves in there.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 08:55:07 AM »
IMO, Kammie was picked for her skin color, reproductive plumbing, AND for being so stupid/inept/arrogant that Dems would be very reluctant to 25th-Amendment LIEden.

I don't disagree at all -- but it seems rather short-sighted, wouldn't you say? If SharterJoe and Kamala-toe are both inept, incompetent, unlikeable, and unwilling to kowtow to anything other than the radical leftist Dems that have taken over their party and winning the next few elections REQUIRE winning the confidence of independent voters, they're too stupid to see reality.

That means defeat, unless the Repubs completely blow it -- which is still a distinct possibility.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2022, 09:43:51 AM »
The interesting thing we're seeing is the Hispanic vote -- despite SharterJoe's open borders policy, the Hispanics and terrorists that he's blindly allowing into the country take one look around and the stupidity and incompetence that Joe demonstrates all too often and say, "Screw this leftist crap. I want to safeguard my family and the best path forward on that is to look to the right."

I seriously doubt that the Democrats will self-destruct, as much as I would like them to. The insanity that is pervasive in academia, Hollyweird, and in much of the government is simply too entrenched. It'll take as long to root the bastards out as it took for them to worm themselves in there.

I don't think they'll self destruct, but I do think they will be forced back closer to center left, rather than far, FAR, left. 

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2022, 11:06:01 AM »
I don't disagree at all -- but it seems rather short-sighted, wouldn't you say? If SharterJoe and Kamala-toe are both inept, incompetent, unlikeable, and unwilling to kowtow to anything other than the radical leftist Dems that have taken over their party and winning the next few elections REQUIRE winning the confidence of independent voters, they're too stupid to see reality.

That means defeat, unless the Repubs completely blow it -- which is still a distinct possibility.

Well, I don't usually think of Progs as medium-term (the time between something done in the now and their long-term fantasy goals) thinkers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.