Author Topic: Could New York's Next Governor Be a Republican? Polling Suggests It's Possible  (Read 435 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Could New York's Next Governor Be a Republican? Polling Suggests It's Possible
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2022/03/19/could-new-yorks-next-governor-be-a-republican-polling-suggests-its-possible-n2604766?1918

New York State was subject to Gov. Andrew Cuomo's reign for 10 years until he resigned last August. He was replaced by Gov. Kathy Hochul, his lieutenant governor and a fellow Democrat who has been awful in her own right. Hochul is considered the likely favorite for winning the Democratic nomination for the gubernatorial election this November. However, Rep. Lee Zeldin, who is running for the office as a Republican, is hopeful that he has a shot at beating her, along with his running mate of Alison Esposito for lieutenant governor, and he's pointing to polls to prove it.

As reporting from Carl Campanile highlighted earlier this week for The New York Post, the Zeldin campaign released an internal poll conducted by John McLaughlin & Associates with 800 likely voters surveyed. The poll shows Zeldin with a lead of 45.5 percent to Hochul's 44 percent, while 10.5 percent are undecided.

Zeldin's lead is within the margin of error, and, again, it's an internal poll. There are still hopeful signs, though, beyond the fact that a Republican candidate in New York State has a lead to begin with.

New York past governors since George Pataki have been Democrats. Eliot Spitzer, David Patterson, and Andrew Cuomo are scandal plagued governors. Lee Zeldin could win as New York Governeor.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I'll believe it when I see it. Polls are meaningless, especially in the corrupt government found in Albany.

When the voters in the state of New York continue to elect tyrants and scumbags like Cuomo and Spitzer, time after time, a reasonable person has to conclude that NY is beyond saving -- kinda in the same vein that CA is beyond saving.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I'll believe it when I see it. Polls are meaningless, especially in the corrupt government found in Albany.

When the voters in the state of New York continue to elect tyrants and scumbags like Cuomo and Spitzer, time after time, a reasonable person has to conclude that NY is beyond saving -- kinda in the same vein that CA is beyond saving.

Treating it as the Virginia gubernatorial election or the California recall.  Hopeful, but not convinced until it happens.  Since I live in neither, don't know the pulse of what's going on in a particular state as well as the one where I reside or have lived.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

It'd probably take multiple McAwful Moments, during the actual campaign. I think NY is bluer than VA.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
It'd probably take multiple McAwful Moments, during the actual campaign. I think NY is bluer than VA.

In the aggregate, yes, NY is bluer than VA by a long stretch. The key factor in VA going blue had to do with D.C. and NOVA in particular. When most of the people who live there work for the government, the government is their Savior and is sacrosanct. Their politics go accordingly toward leftism and when you further factor that D.C. is the power center and where most of the money in VA is, there you go.

Just based on previous discussions with friends who either live or did live in upper NY state, NYC has for probably 70-80 years or more completely controlled the state.

As to McAwful moments happening in NY, I'm not seeing it. Hochul is a scum lefty tyrant, but she isn't quite as offensive as Cuomo. I think she'll ultimately get reelected, but it's nice thinking an upset is possible, however remotely.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.