Author Topic: Same Old Shit -- Different Day. $1.5T Omnibus Passes Congress Without Being Read  (Read 311 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Sigh. What part of "****ed up budget bill" do the Republicans not understand? Nancy Pelousy belongs in prison. But if McCarthy and his $200 haircuts thinks he's better than she is, he'd better think again. He's just as ****ed up as she is.

Here are the Rethuglicans who voted for this POS bill without reading it:

REPRESENTATIVE   PARTY   STATE   VOTE
Bice (OK)   Republican   Oklahoma   YEA
Brady   Republican   Texas   YEA
Burgess   Republican   Texas   YEA
Calvert   Republican   California   YEA
Carter (TX)   Republican   Texas   YEA
Cheney   Republican   Wyoming   YEA
Cole   Republican   Oklahoma   YEA
Diaz-Balart   Republican   Florida   YEA
Fitzpatrick   Republican   Pennsylvania   YEA
Fleischmann   Republican   Tennessee   YEA
Gimenez   Republican   Florida   YEA
Gonzales, Tony   Republican   Texas   YEA
Gonzalez (OH)   Republican   Ohio   YEA
Granger   Republican   Texas   YEA
Hinson   Republican   Iowa   YEA
Joyce (OH)   Republican   Ohio   YEA
Katko   Republican   New York   YEA
McCaul   Republican   Texas   YEA
Meijer   Republican   Michigan   YEA
Miller-Meeks   Republican   Iowa   YEA
Newhouse   Republican   Washington   YEA
Reschenthaler   Republican   Pennsylvania   YEA
Rogers (KY)   Republican   Kentucky   YEA
Rutherford   Republican   Florida   YEA
Simpson   Republican   Idaho   YEA
Turner   Republican   Ohio   YEA
Upton   Republican   Michigan   YEA
Womack   Republican   Arkansas   YEA
Young   Republican   Alaska   YEA

https://americanfaith.com/list-of-republicans-who-passed-democrat-led-omnibus-bill-h-r-2471/

A $1.5 trillion omnibus bill, which included $13.6 billion in aid for Ukraine, passed the Democrat-controlled House Wednesday night, successfully averting a partial government shutdown.

So, what are all the details of the 2,700-page spending package? Does anyone know?

Trust me, no one does. In fact, if you blinked on Wednesday you may not have known about it, because this massive spending bill was introduced in the middle of the night on the same day it was passed.

Pelosi scoffed at criticism over the timing of the bill’s introduction and the fact that no time was given for members of Congress to review the bill.

“Let’s grow up about this,” she said. “We are in a legislative process. We have a deadline.”

Is anyone having an Obamacare flashback? Back in 2010, in her push to pass Obamacare, Nancy Pelosi argued that “we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what’s in it.” Now, twelve years later, she’s essentially making the same argument: the bill is too important to worry about such formalities as reading it and knowing what’s actually in it.

Yet, surprisingly, Republicans voted for it. The defense portion of the spending package passed 361-69, and the domestic spending portion passed 260-171, with Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) voting present.

The legislation is now off to the U.S. Senate.

PJ Media
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Mr Mannn

I'm expecting my retirement to be worthless by the time I am ready for it.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

I'm already retired (well, mostly) and my retirement is pretty much worthless RIGHT NOW. (Thanks, #SharterJoe. You have your $31 million from your criminal enterprises with your son Hunter and therefore don't feel the pinch, but many do.)

The interesting thing is, my 'nadless GOP Rep, French Hill, either didn't vote for this bill, voted against it, or declared himself "not present." I'm betting on "not present" because he's 'nadless.

The question is -- why would these turds vote for something they don't understand, much less haven't read? Seems like an abrogation of duty to me.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.

With the way things are going I've already resigned myself to never being able to retire and will have to work until I'm physically unable to preform the job.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe