Author Topic: Three students dead in school shooting in north Detroit, eight others injured  (Read 728 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Three students dead in school shooting in north Detroit, eight others injured
https://justthenews.com/nation/crime/school-shooting-north-detroit-leaves-least-4-6-injured-ems-swat-scene

Three students were killed Tuesday in a shooting at Oxford High School in Oakland, Detroit. A suspected teen shooter has been taken into custody, and officials have recovered a handgun. Several others also have been injured in the attack, according to authorities.

Oakland County Undersheriff Michael McCabe said in addition to the three deceased, eight people were shot, including a teacher. He estimated that 15 to 20 shots were fired in total. Officers conducted a third search of the high school to ensure there were no other victims.

The students who lost their lives have been identified as 14 and 17-year-old girls, in addition to a 16-year-old boy.

Police received more than 100 calls about the shooting, and according to McCabe, the suspect was arrested within 5 minutes of the initial 911 call.

The alleged shooter is a 15-year-old sophomore at the high school. He did not resist arrest, but McCabe said, "He wants an attorney. He's not telling us anything at this point in time."

A school shooting in Oxford High School in Oxford. Three students have died and killer is arrested. He is 15 years old.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

Is it time to rethink the effect that violent movies, video games and music has on young people?

Offline Mr Mannn

Dem agenda: go lax on crime. let theft arson and murder skyrocket. say guns are bad so people give up guns. say, cops are unable to stop the crime (that we encouraged), replace COPS WITH A NATIONAL POLICE

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Is it just me, or is this being ignored?  Yesterday was busy, but the first I saw of the story was reference on Twitter at 8:30-9:00 in the evening.  Even this morning, there seems to be little coverage.  I can hazard a few guesses as to why, but wanted to see if I'm just looking in the wrong places. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Is it just me, or is this being ignored?  Yesterday was busy, but the first I saw of the story was reference on Twitter at 8:30-9:00 in the evening.  Even this morning, there seems to be little coverage.  I can hazard a few guesses as to why, but wanted to see if I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Haven't heard much either, but admittedly not paying that close of attention.  Meanwhile, most of the media likely are still obsessed with January 6th and this Roe v. Wade case today.

The Michigan shooter story moves to the back burner when there are more significant (to the media) stories to cover.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I'm just surprised that there aren't more dead.

Detroit and its environs are hellholes. I last visited there (I was born there and grew up in the suburbs) a year ago when I buried my brother and I was shocked as to its decline -- though I shouldn't have been.

Leftist policies lead to this kind of rape of humankind. No respect, no morals, no ethics, just violence. More lives lost, and not just the victims -- the perps as well, though we would do better to acknowledge those victims vice the perps.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SVPete

Apparently there was a police officer on duty at the school and (s)he got to the shooter within minutes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

High school shooter's parents were summoned to discuss his behavior in class just hours before the attack

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/12/02/high-school-shooters-parents-were-summoned-to-discuss-his-behavior-in-class-just-hours-before-the-attack-n432790

The 15-year-old shooter at Oxford High School in Michigan was in trouble at school. Sheriff Mike Bouchard revealed that Ethan Crumbley had met with staff on Monday, the day before the shooting about some “troubling behavior” in the classroom. That night Crumbley went home and recorded a video announcing his plan to shoot as many people as possible. Tuesday morning, he took a handgun to school and again that morning he was sent to the office because of his behavior in class. That morning his parents were called in to discuss his behavior but Crumbley remained in school that day. The attack took place a few hours later:
Police aren’t saying at this point what the troubling behavior was that got Crumbley sent to the office two days in a row was. However, they have disputed the idea that he was bullied at school. Sheriff Bouchard said the anti-bullying coordinator at the school didn’t have any record of problems involving Crumbley and no students have come forward thus far to report any bullying.

Given public schools' and districts' record of covering up and lying about problem students, I'd take that "No bullying" with an appropriate block of salt. But if he wasn't a longtime target of bullies, maybe he, like Nicholas Cruz, is a (possibly inappropriately) mainstreamed kid with mental problems.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
The rumor going around, is that the kid was an antifa supporter.

Parents supposedly Pro-Trump.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The rumor going around, is that the kid was an antifa supporter.

Parents supposedly Pro-Trump.

Any kid 15 years old doesn't have a clue about antifa, BLM, or politics in general. Any talk along those lines from the perp himself is just talking points he's heard somebody else babble.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Any kid 15 years old doesn't have a clue about antifa, BLM, or politics in general. Any talk along those lines from the perp himself is just talking points he's heard somebody else babble.

Another teacher indoctrinating their pupils?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Mr Mannn

All that matters is that the kid is white. His Lefty indoctrination will never make the news. The Waukesha murderer will be forgotten, and this kid will be propped up in his place.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

Quite likely, but also since kids have their noses in their phones all the time, he's probably spent more than a little time at whatever BLM/lefty web site he can find.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.

I'd agree, they're too young to truly understand any of it, but they're not too young to think that they do, particularly if they're both encouraged and pressured from different avenues.

That is one of the big things that makes them so succeptible to being indoctrinated.

I'm reminded of the daughter of kellyanne conway.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
He's being charged as an adult, and the parents may be facing charges as well. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/school-chief-discipline-needed-boy-shooting-81533830

His mugshot sure looks like standard antifa cannon fodder.

Nope, our schools, and parents and society in general, definitely are not creating teenagers who can process any such ideas.  By 15 I had some clues about US and world politics, but I also grew up with the evening news on every night (in the positive column) and learned a lot from heavy metal and punk bands (not always in the positive column) 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.