Author Topic: Today's Date Is Historic, But... Mineralman  (Read 570 times)

Offline CC27

Today's Date Is Historic, But... Mineralman
« on: November 22, 2021, 10:33:39 AM »

MineralMan (140,311 posts)

Today's Date Is Historic, But...

It was 58 years ago that JFK was assassinated. I was 18 years old. I heard something on the common room TV as I was leaving the dorm for my BIO 101 survey class. I watched for a minute. Then, I went to the class and interrupted the lecturer to announce what had happened. It was a traumatic day for me, since I had campaigned for JFK as a 15-year-old high school kid. In fact, it changed the course of my life, even though I didn't know that on that day.

But, it was 58 years ago. So many other horrors have occurred since then, that I don't mark that date any longer, really. We're still mired in political turmoil. I'm now older than dirt. Things are still majorly screwed up, although there has been progress in some areas.

We are still a violent, unthinking nation, though. I no longer expect that to change, to my dismay.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216077398

Condescending prick strikes again.

Offline SVPete

Re: Today's Date Is Historic, But... Mineralman
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 10:47:48 AM »
... So many other horrors have occurred since then, that I don't mark that date any longer, really. ...

:yawn: As the saying goes, the problem with History is that they keep making more or it. :yawn:

Ironically, Dems were fighting to keep "races" segregated in the 1960s, and after a few decades' interlude, are again fighting to get "races" re-segregated.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 10:50:40 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 11:00:20 AM »
:yawn: As the saying goes, the problem with History is that they keep making more or it. :yawn:

Ironically, Dems were fighting to keep "races" segregated in the 1960s, and after a few decades' interlude, are again fighting to get "races" re-segregated.

Yes, Joseph Rosenbaum,  and Anthony Huber,  and Gaige Grosskreutz were very violent.

The first two are very peaceful now; the third is generally peaceful after being "disarmed".

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 07:26:30 PM »
58 years ago a leftist democrat assassinated the last moderately conservative democrat.
The communists won and took over the democrat party.
RIP JFK.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 07:50:16 PM »
I went to the class and interrupted the lecturer to announce what had happened.

If it wasn't for Rock Head they probably would've never heard about it. 

He was the same insufferable butthole at the age of 18 that he is today.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 12:00:37 AM »
These mfers would be calling JFK a Rethuglican if he were around today. Wanted strong borders, hated commies, lowered taxes. Yeah, he was a straight up Nazi to them.  :rofl:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 08:02:12 AM »
These mfers would be calling JFK a Rethuglican if he were around today. Wanted strong borders, hated commies, lowered taxes. Yeah, he was a straight up Nazi to them.  :rofl:

Oh yes!

They'd have him run out of town for being a toxically masculine womanizing gun humping fascist.

They like to forget that he was a lifetime nra member and owner of the dreaded AR-15.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 11:21:19 AM »

I have a fresh take on JFK: who the hell cares? Every year they spend a few days mooing about where they were and what they were doing when it happened. JFC, it was 60 YEARS AGO.

Why don't they commemorate July 18/19, 1969?
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 11:29:58 AM »
Why don't they commemorate July 18/19, 1969?

Yes, why don’t they?

Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 12:51:37 PM »
Yes, why don’t they?

Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment.

At least we know when she died and that she died. God knows how many inconvenient women JFK had killed. Number must be truly Clintonian.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 01:59:02 PM »
JFK was a weaselly horndog who was serially unfaithful to a beautiful wife and had almost no accomplishments as President. At least Mary Jo Kopechne kept serial adulterer-horndog Teddy the Snorkel out of the WH (other than as a visitor).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2021, 02:36:52 PM »
More importantly, today is Boris Karloff's birthday!

Born: November 23, 1887 in Camberwell, London, England, UK
Died: February 2, 1969 (age 81) in Midhurst, Sussex, England, UK

He would have been 137 years old today.

Along with fellow actors Lon Chaney, Bela Lugosi and Vincent Price, Boris Karloff is recognized as one of the true icons of horror cinema, and the actor most closely identified with the general public's perception of the "monster" from the classic Mary Shelley book, "Frankenstein". William Henry Pratt was born on November 23, 1887, in Camberwell, London, England, the son of Edward John Pratt Jr., the Deputy Commissioner of Customs Salt and Opium, Northern Division, Indian Salt Revenue Service, and his third wife, Eliza Sarah Millard.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.