Author Topic: DU, race, and acquittals  (Read 380 times)

Offline ChuckJ

DU, race, and acquittals
« on: November 21, 2021, 08:30:14 PM »
The DUers have cried about how Rittenhouse would not have been acquitted if he was black. Have any of them mentioned Andrew Coffee IV?

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-indian-river-county/andrew-coffee-iv-found-not-guilty-on-5-counts-in-indian-river-county-swat-raid?_amp=true
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Delmar

Re: DU, race, and acquittals
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 08:49:12 PM »
That seems to be their biggest beef with the Rittenhouse verdict--that he was found not guilty when a black man would've been found guilty.  They wish that Rittenhouse would've been found guilty too.  But what good does that kind of attitude do for blacks?  What they ought to be saying is that blacks should be able to defend themselves just like Rittenhouse did, just like everybody should--even a felon like Coffee.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 08:52:13 AM »
Weird how Coffee was acquitted the same day as Rittenhouse.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 09:06:47 AM »
From what I've read, the Coffee case was much more complicated, though I think the verdict was correct (based on the little I've read). And Coffee was acquitted in racists-infested :sarcasm: Florida.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 05:43:21 PM »
From what I've read, the Coffee case was much more complicated, though I think the verdict was correct (based on the little I've read). And Coffee was acquitted in racists-infested :sarcasm: Florida.

I think you’re correct about it being more complicated. I haven’t read enough about it to really know how accurate the verdict is. From what I have read I would have probably done the same thing as the Coffee guy. The firing back part. Not the dealing drugs part. I do know it shoots holes in the “a black would be convicted” screed that the left always falls back on.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 06:18:52 PM »
So fed up with the moonbats' "If he had been black ... " shit. Their favorite being, "If he had been black, the police would have killed him on the spot."

If that's true, dumbasses, then why are the prisons chock full of violent black offenders? Wouldn't they all have been executed before even making it to trial?

The truth is there are damn few blacks killed by the police relative to their being responsible for such an outsized portion of the violent crimes in this country, including half the murders and non-negligent manslaughters. Fewer still "unjustified." And an 
infinitesimally small number statistically speaking who are "unarmed." Yet they use words like "open season" and "genocide" as casually as opening up a new bag of granola. I anyone is sowing the seeds of hate and strife between races in this country it's them.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself