Author Topic: I've read some posts on FB that have endorsed Rittenhaus killing a victim becaus  (Read 604 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216073933

no_hypocrisy
I've read some posts on FB that have endorsed Rittenhaus killing a victim because

he was a former pedophile.

That doesn't give him rights for extrajudicial assassination. The courts/judicial system have dealt with this issue already. And I'm certain that Rittenhaus doesn't get a "Freebie" for killing an ex-con.

There are some really interesting posts in this thread but I can’t bring them over right now.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216073933

There are some really interesting posts in this thread but I can’t bring them over right now.

KC

Star Member murielm99 (28,308 posts)

1. Who was a pedophile?

An ex-con?

janterry (4,297 posts)

10. Joseph Rosenbaum was a registered sex offender and all-around

pretty bad guy.

Joseph Rosenbaum was convicted of having sex with a minor in Arizona in 2002

There's a video of him using racist language, and being threatening - the day he died. I wish NO one had died that night. Not even Rosenbaum.

But Rosenbaum was no choir boy. I'm shocked he's being portrayed as such in the media

I don't know how to spoiler a video. You can find it by googling: Joseph Rosenbaum: "Shoot me, n----!" at Kenosha riot, Aug 26, 2020

it's a youtube video. I wasn't sure if I should post it here?

Star Member madaboutharry (36,884 posts)

2. There is no such thing as a former pedophile.

Study after study reveals that there is no reforming these people.

I agree that there is no right to take anyone's life. He served 14 years in prison and that is all anyone can say about it.

Star Member GoCubsGo (27,710 posts)

16. That is the Right's M.O.

Justify the killing because the victim has a rap sheet. Or, in the case of Breonna Taylor, being the girlfriend of someone with a rap sheet.

RAB910 (1,713 posts)

20. They also say his other victim was a domestic abuser even though

there is a video of Rittenhouse beating a woman out there

RAB910 (1,713 posts)

33. I don't like this link, but...

https://nypost.com/2020/09/01/video-shows-kenosha-shooter-kyle-rittenhouse-punching-a-girl-report/

Star Member Bettie (12,241 posts)

30. I keep coming back to one thing

the only three people who were shot were shot by Kyle. Two are dead.

He did not know what they had done previously in their lives, he knew nothing about them.

But, some will look for anything to excuse murder. I remember the Trayvon Martin case around here. SO many people were all about why it was cool for Zimmerman to murder him, because 'reasons'.

keithbvadu2 (23,083 posts)

32. What would the RW FB folks say about TFG raping a 13 y/o?

What would the RW FB folks say about TFG raping a 13 y/o?

Star Member JI7 (85,406 posts)

38. What people are saying is that it backs up Rittenhouse claiming they were a threat

Their history shows they were a threat .

I think all 3 of them are shit .

I think a black person would have been convicted though and that's where the system racism comes in .
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

Thanks!  Very telling thread. There’s obviously several of them who agree with not only the verdict, but the killing of three felons. They just can’t admit it!! 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

Star Member Bettie (12,241 posts)

30. I keep coming back to one thing

the only three people who were shot were shot by Kyle. Two are dead.

He did not know what they had done previously in their lives, he knew nothing about them. He knew they were trying to kill him, and that is all he needed to know.

But, some will look for anything to excuse murder. I remember the Trayvon Martin case around here. SO many people were all about why it was cool for Zimmerman to murder him, because 'reasons'. The "reasons" were that again, Zimmerman thought the young thug was trying to murder him.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Interesting that out of three shot, they had records, no?

Sounds like you couldn’t swing a cat at a BLM protest without hitting a felon … fascinating!

KC
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 11:46:04 AM by Texacon »

*Stolen

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

"RAB910 (1,713 posts)

20. They also say his other victim was a domestic abuser"
Because he (Anthony Huber, the second victim) WAS!
It came from an incident in which Huber was ordering his brother and grandmother to clean a room in his house while he himself just sat and watched (Real nice guy, wasn't he?). When the brother took issue with this, Huber responded by holding a butcher's knife to the brother's stomach and threatening to, as Huber put it, "Gut (the brother) like a pig" if he didn't get to work.
So, is it all that surprising that a nutcase like him would end up meeting his end while in the process of trying to beat a 17- year- old boy to death with a skateboard?

Offline ADsOutburst

They still really have no idea what happened, do they? Yeah, Rosenbaum was a criminal, and he ambushed Rittenhouse from behind a car, chased him across a parking lot, cornered him, and tried to take his gun. That's why he was he shot, you imbeciles.

Offline SVPete

no_hypocrisy
I've read some posts on FB that have endorsed Rittenhaus killing a victim because

he was a former pedophile.

1.  Whether by stupidity or deceit - defining characteristics of DU-Land - or both, the cynically named no_hypocrisy is lying. While I have not seen every comment pointing out Rosenbaum's (IIRC) criminal past, NONE used that as a justification for killing him. The comments I have seen were calling out Proggies' making him and the others out to be heroes and/or generic "Good riddance".

2. People killed in self-defense are aggressors, not victims (except of their own stupidity and/or violent nature). Rosenbaum and Huber were not victims.

3. "Rittenhaus"? :whatever: A DUmmie resorting to the stoooooooopid German = Nazi stereotype? :whatever:  :tongue: :loser: That should get no_hypocrisy some DUmp Cred! ::)  :loser: :tongue:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 09:35:30 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

pinkstarburst (621 posts)

36. Yes. Rittenhouse did not go hunting

for Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum was a deeply disturbed individual who sought out trouble his entire life. After just being released from a mental health facility that very day, he went to the riot, and was trying to pick fights with other individuals and start fires throughout the night. He then began stalking Rittenhouse.

Unfortunately this case involves multiple people who were likely mentally unbalanced or were out there that night looking for trouble (Rittenhouse, Rosenbaum, Huber, Grosskreutz.) All three of the people shot had criminal records. Their criminal records do not mean "they deserve to be killed" but the fact that Huber, for example, had five separate arrests by the Kenosha police, including for strangling and threatening to stab his brother, for which he did time in jail, may indicate he is not entirely the sort of stable, heroic individual his parents are trying to portray him as and that when he ran up and began bashing Rittenhouse over the head with his skateboard, Rittenhouse had every reason to feel this was a deadly threat. Grosskreutz also had a criminal record.

Personally, I feel that the incident was instigated by Rosenbaum, who was out there to start trouble and mentally unstable. Rittenhouse had every right to defend himself from Rosenbaum. At that point. Huber and Grosskreutz incorrectly perceived what was going on as a mass shooting and acted to take down the shooter. However what was going on was not a mass shooting, but an assault by Rosenbaum, so from Rittenhouse's point of view, when Huber began bashing his head in with a skateboard, and Grosskreutz pointed a gun at his head, he had every right to defend himself from further assault.
How did this low-post rational post not get MIRTed?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
How did this low-post rational post not get MIRTed?

Because s/he used all the right qualifying words.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Delmar

As I read through the replies, I got the sense that it might be starting to dawn on some of these dumb SOBs that they have been played for a bunch of saps--duped from the very start. 

Jacob Blake was wanted on a felony warrant and armed with a knife and resisting arrest.  In the end, no charges were filed by the state of Wisconsin or the US Justice Department's Civil Rights Division prosecutors on the cop who shot him.  Nevertheless, a bunch of misguided leftists went off half cocked and tried to burn down the city of Kenosha.  Then the leftists fell for a brand new pack of lies about Rittenhouse and his attackers.

If they were smart, the primitives would just shut their mouths, let this whole embarrassing chapter die down, and vow that they won't let themselves get fooled again.  But they won't do that.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
...If they were smart, the primitives would just shut their mouths, let this whole embarrassing chapter die down, and vow that they won't let themselves get fooled again.  But they won't do that.

But these are the denizens of Skinner's Island of Misfit ****-Ups we're talking about. We don't refer to them as DUmmies because they resemble Walter, Achmed the Dead Terrorist or Peanut...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
As I read through the replies, I got the sense that it might be starting to dawn on some of these dumb SOBs that they have been played for a bunch of saps--duped from the very start. 

Jacob Blake was wanted on a felony warrant and armed with a knife and resisting arrest.  In the end, no charges were filed by the state of Wisconsin or the US Justice Department's Civil Rights Division prosecutors on the cop who shot him.  Nevertheless, a bunch of misguided leftists went off half cocked and tried to burn down the city of Kenosha.  Then the leftists fell for a brand new pack of lies about Rittenhouse and his attackers.

If they were smart, the primitives would just shut their mouths, let this whole embarrassing chapter die down, and vow that they won't let themselves get fooled again.  But they won't do that.

Believe the common term anymore is many of the traditional liberals (not hardcore leftists such as AOC or the Jackass Squad) have been "Red-Pilled".  Bill Maher is a recent example, which also includes journalists such as Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibi, and Dave Rubin.  They realize that the wacko left has gone WAY too far off the deep end of stupidity.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Believe the common term anymore is many of the traditional liberals (not hardcore leftists such as AOC or the Jackass Squad) have been "Red-Pilled".  Bill Maher is a recent example, which also includes journalists such as Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibi, and Dave Rubin.  They realize that the wacko left has gone WAY too far off the deep end of stupidity.

Wow, Matt Taibbi is starting to see the light?
I never in a million years would have expected an insane radical douchebag like him to come around.