Author Topic: NPR: ‘Anti-racist’ activists distraught that Boston elected Asian woman as mayor  (Read 494 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

NPR: ‘Anti-racist’ activists distraught that Boston elected Asian woman as mayor

Boston scored a twofer this year when it elected Michelle Wu as mayor. She is not only the first woman in the city's history elected to the office, but she will also be Boston's first nonwhite mayor.

And that's not good enough, say "anti-racist" activists quoted this week by NPR. Real racial equality won’t be achieved until a black person takes the job — because Asians apparently don’t count.

<<<SNIP>>>

"I got home, and I cried," self-described artist and civil rights activist Danny Rivera told NPR. "I cried my eyes out because I don't know the next time we'll see a black mayor in our city."

<<<SNIP>>>

"I mean the data speaks for itself, and it's troubling," former Democratic Massachusetts state Rep. Marie St. Fleur said. "For those of us born or raised in Boston and who lived through some of the darker days, the fact that we blinked at this moment is sadness. At what point in the city of Boston will we be able to vote, and I'm going to be very clear here, for a black person in that corner office?"

And DU claims AL and MS are the racist places ...  Sounds like Boston is about to start lynching folks just to keep them from running for office.

What a bunch of losers.  Race, race, race, and it better be the RIGHT race, dammit!!!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

This appears to be the source for the OP article, https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/npr-anti-racist-activists-distraught-that-boston-elected-asian-woman-as-mayor .

1. Wu is a D, because Boston. She may be a standard-issue D-Whackjob, but Chinese culture tends toward being blunt and no BS, so maybe she isn't and won't be.

2. East and South Asians need to understand that to Prog Race-Bean Counters they are lentils while on-the-Democrat-Plantation blacks are Lima beans.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
This appears to be the source for the OP article, https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/npr-anti-racist-activists-distraught-that-boston-elected-asian-woman-as-mayor .

1. Wu is a D, because Boston. She may be a standard-issue D-Whackjob, but Chinese culture tends toward being blunt and no BS, so maybe she isn't and won't be.

2. East and South Asians need to understand that to Prog Race-Bean Counters they are lentils while on-the-Democrat-Plantation blacks are Lima beans.

Thanks for snagging the link.  I thought I put it in the quote box, but evidently not.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

NPR: ‘Anti-racist’ activists distraught that Boston elected Asian woman as mayor
that seems like a headline your would see on an article from the Babylon Bee or The Onion
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
that seems like a headline your would see on an article from the Babylon Bee or The Onion

Getting harder to tell reality from satire every day.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline thundley4

Asians are at the bottom of the victim's list.  Democrats think that Asians are too successful to qualify as minorities.