Author Topic: Longtime NJ Senate president concedes to GOP truck driver Ed Durr  (Read 396 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Longtime NJ Senate president concedes to GOP truck driver Ed Durr
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/longtime-nj-senate-president-concedes-to-gop-truck-driver-ed-durr

New Jersey state Senate President Steve Sweeney conceded Wednesday to Republican candidate and commercial truck driver Edward Durr, who spent only $153 on his primary campaign.

"The results of Tuesday’s election are in, all votes have been fairly counted, and I, of course, accept the results," Sweeney said during a press conference at the statehouse.

"I want to congratulate Mr. Durr and wish him the best of luck," added Sweeney, who has served as New Jersey state Senate president since 2010.

When asked "what happened" to upend the race in the state's 3rd Legislative District, Sweeney replied, "It was a red wave."

The underdog, Edward Durr, won.  :yahoo:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Longtime NJ Senate president concedes to GOP truck driver Ed Durr
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 07:52:08 PM »
The Virginia governorship might have been the big prize on November 2nd, but I am elated about this. Truly adds insult to injury for the dems. For them, to be beaten by a humble truck driver is a thing so humiliating, so heinous as to be almost a sacrilege.  :tongue:

What Youngkin and Durr have done should serve as a wake-up to republicans out there as well; if you don't like where things are headed, you can do something!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 08:21:35 PM »
The best part of this election happened when shortly afterward, and before Sweeney conceded, Durr was asked what he was going to do when he got to Trenton.

He said he didn't know. He'd learn as he goes.

He also said that he didn't announce that he won, because the votes had not all been counted (or recounted) and that Sweeney had not conceded.

That's refreshingly honest and forthright. He knows he doesn't know, and is going in with his eyes open.

The jaded cynic in me wonders how long it's going to take until he's corrupted by the very system he defeated.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 09:59:38 PM »
The jaded cynic in me wonders how long it's going to take until he's corrupted by the very system he defeated.

The same with Mayor-elect Adams in NYC.

All we can do is sit by the side of road and hope their personalities stay consistent. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 01:36:17 PM »

I'll quote myself by saying it didn't take long at all for him to walk back some "islamophobic" comments he'd made in the past.

Jeez, Ed. At least have the balls to stand up for what you'd said. But no -- you've already caved.  :whatever:

Durr, for his part, has apologized for his past comments, telling the New Jersey Globe he's a "passionate guy and I sometimes say things in the heat of the moment."

"If I said things in the past that hurt anybody's feelings, I sincerely apologize," he added.

After posts critical of Islam and Mohammed, CAIR-NJ called for a meeting with the newly-elected Republican. Durr met with them on Wednesday and committed to standing "against Islamophobia and all forms of hate, and I commit to that going forward. I look forward to working with the Muslim community."

He also "sincerely apologized" for his comments during the meeting.

No wonder New Jersey's so jacked up.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/11/11/media-that-failed-to-take-durr-seriously-horrified-to-discover-what-hes-tweeted-n2598926?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=onsite&utm_campaign=603
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.