Author Topic: Yes, Kyle Rittenhouse Acted in Self-Defense  (Read 641 times)

Offline SVPete

Yes, Kyle Rittenhouse Acted in Self-Defense
« on: November 06, 2021, 11:06:49 AM »

https://jimtreacher.substack.com/p/yes-kyle-rittenhouse-acted-in-self

I’m no Perry Mason, but if somebody tells you he’s going to kill you, and then he starts chasing you and tries to grab your weapon, he’s not interested in a calm and rational exchange of ideas. It’s safe to assume he intends to do what he just told you he’s going to do.

Kyle Rittenhouse is neither a hero nor a murderer. He’s a kid who got in over his head and defended his own life when things went wrong. If he hadn’t shot those guys, they would’ve killed him. And all the people screaming at him right now would’ve just shrugged, because they only care about human life when it serves their political ends.

I’m sorry those guys are dead, but they shouldn’t have chased down a heavily armed man they had just threatened to kill. If you don’t like it, send your complaints to the Darwin Awards.

Treacher appears to have not noticed that Rittenhouse was also offering first aid to injured people and was trying to put out (literal) fires. That said, Rittenhouse probably was in deeper water than he expected. OTOH, he's being judged by 12 rather than carried by 6, so in the ultimate sense he was prepared.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Muddling 2

Re: Yes, Kyle Rittenhouse Acted in Self-Defense
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 03:17:09 PM »

Treacher appears to have not noticed that Rittenhouse was also offering first aid to injured people and was trying to put out (literal) fires. That said, Rittenhouse probably was in deeper water than he expected. OTOH, he's being judged by 12 rather than carried by 6, so in the ultimate sense he was prepared.

Imagine how much better things would have been if Kenosha had decided to maintain order from the beginning, rather turning the streets over to the mob.

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 04:01:56 PM »
Imagine how much better things would have been if Kenosha had decided to maintain order from the beginning, rather turning the streets over to the mob.

Zackly. h5
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 04:50:07 PM »
I've always been firmly in the "Rittenhouse acted in self-defense" camp, but the more I learn about the sequence of events, the more I can't help but admire how well he handled himself when faced with a bunch of absolutely psychopathic criminal monsters.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 04:53:23 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 04:57:18 PM »
In addition to the 5 felonies he's charged with, there is also one misdemeanor charge of Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18. He was 17 at the time of the incident.

Then there's this minor infraction:

Failure to comply with an emergency order from State or Local Government.

Kenosha officials imposed an 8 p.m. curfew the night of the shootings. Rittenhouse was still on the streets as midnight approached. The offense is punishable by up to $200 in forfeitures.

Kinda hard for me to believe that he'd be found guilty of any of the felony charges, but I think there is a case to be made for the misdemeanor charge(s).

Let's see what the jury thinks.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 05:13:36 PM by Eupher »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 05:23:49 PM »

Kinda hard for me to believe that he'd be found guilty of any of the felony charges, but I think there is a case to be made for the misdemeanor charge(s).

Were any other rioters charged that night or any night with violating the curfew? Unless there were the defense could argue that they were piling on charges and malicious persecution. (Hell I think he's a hero.)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 05:33:12 PM »
Were any other rioters charged that night or any night with violating the curfew? Unless there were the defense could argue that they were piling on charges and malicious persecution. (Hell I think he's a hero.)

Irrelevant. Rioters aren't being charged in this trial -- only Rittenhouse.

My opinion is also irrelevant, but I think if Rittenhouse is guilty of anything it's poor judgment in grabbing a medical bag, a firearm, and trying to save the day. He shouldn't be punished for his poor judgment beyond what he's already been through. When I was his age, I was just trying to figure out where my time card was at work -- certainly not trying to make a difference in my community. He should be admired for that reason, but as we all know, if he was ignorant of the law about his age and firearms, that's no excuse.

Fine him a couple hundred dollars and 80 hours of community service.

Let him learn from his mistake.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 05:54:05 PM »
In addition to the 5 felonies he's charged with, there is also one misdemeanor charge of Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18. He was 17 at the time of the incident.

Then there's this minor infraction:

Failure to comply with an emergency order from State or Local Government.

Kenosha officials imposed an 8 p.m. curfew the night of the shootings. Rittenhouse was still on the streets as midnight approached. The offense is punishable by up to $200 in forfeitures.

I don't believe Kyle is being charged with that in this trial. I could be wrong, but curfew was never in any list of state charges I have seen.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 06:45:05 PM »
I don't believe Kyle is being charged with that in this trial. I could be wrong, but curfew was never in any list of state charges I have seen.

I don't make this stuff up, Mr Mannn. The article is dated 4 days ago, so it's relatively new.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/explainer-charges-kyle-rittenhouse-face-80917080

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 08:51:15 PM »

...I’m sorry those guys are dead, but they shouldn’t have chased down a heavily armed man they had just threatened to kill. If you don’t like it, send your complaints to the Darwin Awards

I'm not sorry in the slightest these leftist scumbags each received the natural consequences of their actions.

Perhaps Jim Treacher is just a better man than I am because he can be sorry for the loss of a felon in posession of a firearm, a pedophile and a wife beater from the ranks of society, all killed while attempting to add homocide to their individual rap sheets.

I don't care.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus