Author Topic: Day by Day Rittenhouse Trial Coverage  (Read 8362 times)

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Re: Day by Day Rittenhouse Trial Coverage
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2021, 01:09:20 PM »
Red Brick Suit (I think) said it best when Kyle was on the stand (paraphrased)

"The prosecution is doing a reverse Perry Mason where the defendant takes the stand and the prosecutor confesses."

I wonder when Binger will try the Chewbacca Defense (even if he is the prosecutor).

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2021, 01:52:36 PM »
Prosecutor: "Your videos that you have captured of these incidents that you call 'riots' they're very slanted against the people who are rioting. You characterize them as 'Antifa, BLM rioters.' Correct?"

@DrewHLive: "Because they are rioting in the footage, yes absolutely."

https://twitter.com/RubinReport/status/1458864611558453248

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2021, 02:02:19 PM »
This gives a good, "For the want of a nail", summary of the whole Kenosha situation, https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/11/11/paul-waldmans-take-on-kyle-rittenhouse-is-missing-a-few-things-n428621 :

Paul Waldman's take on Kyle Rittenhouse is missing a few things

I'm not familiar with Waldman's stuff since I refuse to read a rag like WaPo. Sexton quotes him in his HotAir column.  :whatever:

But to pile on your comment about Waldman "missing a few things" let me offer a few:
  • Rittenhouse lives a scant few miles from Kenosha. The leftist media would have you believe that Antioch, IL is light-years away from Kenosha. Not so. For the leftists who regularly read and accept leftist dogma, go ahead and pull up Google maps and check for yourself just how far away Antioch is from Kenosha.
  • Northern Illinois (away from Chicago) and a great big chunk of Wisconsin is what I'd call "flyover country." Waldman apparently forgets that protecting communities from violence, mayhem, arson, murder, and other things are inherent to "flyover country." If the cops can't handle it, or won't handle it, a curious thing happens in "flyover country." Citizens like Rittenhouse, as young, inexperienced, and out of his depth though that he might be, will step up and fill the VOID created by the politicians and the leftists who refuse to support the cops who, I might add, can read the tea leaves and not do much of anything when the communities they are there to protect burn to the ground. That's an indictment on the politicians first, and then perhaps to the cops who stand idly by and watch people like Rittenhouse try to make a difference.
  • I put 99.9% of this debacle squarely on the Kenosha politicians who created this debacle. I'll put 0.1% on the cop that told Rittenhouse to "Get the **** out of here, or I'll pepper-spray you" when Rittenhouse attempted to report that he'd shot somebody.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2021, 03:34:43 PM »
Rittenhouse prosecution suggests independent journalist is biased because he called rioters 'rioters'

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2021, 03:55:42 PM »
Rittenhouse prosecution suggests independent journalist is biased because he called rioters 'rioters'

So it is precisely as I suggested:

The prosecutor might as well be saying "Because of the defendant, a man can't even burn down a city in peace anymore anymore. What a country!".

That's the weird thing about this trial. It is infuriating at times, but also has some entertainment value.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2021, 12:32:53 PM »
The gun charge may be nerfed or tossed out.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2021, 01:48:40 PM »
The gun charge may be nerfed or tossed out.

Ultimately, it was not dismissed altogether, but the judge gave the jury the defense's version of the jury instructions.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2021, 03:12:26 PM »
No Evidence of ‘White Supremacist’ Leanings Presented in Kyle Rittenhouse Trial
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/12/no-evidence-of-white-supremacist-leanings-presented-in-kyle-rittenhouse-trial/
The title says it all. Breitbart does write a good story.
This just more evidence of Lefty name calling. Anyone who stands up to them is going to be evil personified.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2021, 05:05:44 PM »
So the defense has rested its case and, as I understand it, Judge Schroeder stipulated 2.5 hours for both sides in closing arguments next week. Then jury instructions and the jury goes to work.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2021, 06:15:07 PM »
Ann Coulter: Leftist Message on Kyle Rittenhouse Is: ‘We Are Supposed to Just Stand There and Be Murdered’
https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2021/11/12/exclusive-ann-coulter-leftist-message-on-kyle-rittenhouse-is-we-are-supposed-to-just-stand-there-and-be-murdered/
Ann Coulter, conservative commentator and author, described the left-wing subtext of Kyle Rittenhouse’s murder trial as a demand for conservatives “to just stand there and be murdered” when attacked by leftists.

“We are supposed to just stand there and be murdered,” Coulter said on Friday’s edition of SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily with host Alex Marlow. “That’s our obligation, because the media decided they don’t like us.”

Coulter highlighted Rittenhouse’s presence of mind and skilled shooting during the events captured on video.

She remarked, “There are a lot of people Kyle could have shot if it’s just, ‘Oh my gosh, I’m panicked, I’m shooting!’ Oh no, he was very precise shooting someone who was about to kill him, to take his gun, kill him, kill others. I was thinking — as I often do, as I’m sure you and your listeners do — thank God for cell phone cameras.”

Coulter noted that Gaige Grosskreutz, a witness in the trial, was essentially forced to admit the truth of events due to existence of video documentation. She speculated that Grosskreutz would have lied about the events in the absence of video evidence.

“There is no way that revolutionary — the one who had his arm blown off as he was pointing a gun feet away from Kyle Rittenhouse’s head — there’s no way he would have told [the truth],” Coulter said. “I was sort of surprised watching his testimony, ‘Oh my gosh. He keeps telling the truth,’ and then I realized there’s a video of this. He can’t deny that. He was pointing the gun at Kyle Rittenhouse from five feet away when Kyle fired.”

Rittenhouse’s marksmanship in disarming Grosskreutz without lethality was praised by Coulter as noted how leftists regularly oppose their political opponents’ use of self-defense.

She stated, “That’s some good shooting to shoot the arm holding the gun. That’s the crazy thing. Liberals are always saying after a shooting, usually [after] a self-defense, ‘Oh, why couldn’t you shoot him in the leg?’ People who know anything about guns know you’re not going to get that precise. You are shooting to stop the threat. You’re lucky if you hit any place on the body and Kyle — bam — right through the arm holding the gun. That was incredibly impressive.”

Coulter also highlighted some background of Joseph Rosenbaum, who was shot and killed by Rittenhouse.

“Joseph Rosenbaum, the first one [Rittenhouse] shot … he came out of a mental institution that day and was still carrying his little medical bag,” she recalled. “He’s been convicted of anally raping five little boys — convicted, served time in prison for that. So, we’re dealing with — obviously — a very mentally ill person. There was a lot of video coverage of him screaming the n-word.”

Lefty: you have no right of self defense. I refuse to be a victim. I WILL FIGHT BACK

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2021, 06:46:02 PM »
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/wisconsin-national-guard-authorized-for-kenosha-in-anticipation-of-rittenhouse-verdict/
Wisconsin National Guard Authorized For Kenosha In Anticipation of Rittenhouse Verdict

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2021, 08:21:13 PM »
So the defense has rested its case and, as I understand it, Judge Schroeder stipulated 2.5 hours for both sides in closing arguments next week. Then jury instructions and the jury goes to work.

You are correct. Pretty sure, unless mistaken,   :-)  it will be this Monday (the 15th) according to both FNC & Newsmax.

YIKES!!!

Oh well, will watch as much of it as I can.  And it had better go in favor of Kyle Rittenhouse.  Prosecution be damned!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 08:24:17 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2021, 10:54:49 PM »
I predict the Jury will not take much time at all.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2021, 12:30:51 AM »
I predict the Jury will not take much time at all.

Not with the bang-up case the prosecution made. Judge should order a revolving door installed on the jury room for Monday.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2021, 07:17:16 AM »
Not with the bang-up case the prosecution made. Judge should order a revolving door installed on the jury room for Monday.

That depends on whether any jurors heard about the threats and doxxing.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2021, 10:05:35 AM »

And if there were a revolving door on the courtroom not the jury room ...

I would place my money on Binger being the first to bolt with his losing tail between his legs!   

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2021, 11:28:54 AM »
EXCLUSIVE: 'Under your black robes of justice you wear a white robe of the Klan.' DailyMail reveals vile emails sent to judge in Kyle Rittenhouse case including threats to 'spit directly into his face' and 'payback' against his children
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10196397/Scathing-emails-sent-judge-Kyle-Rittenhouse-case-reveal-threats-brand-racist.html

The judge presiding over the Kyle Rittenhouse trial has been slammed as a racist and had his life threatened in a torrent of abusive and menacing emails, letters, postcards and faxes received by Kenosha County Courthouse and seen by DailyMail.com

DailyMail.com has reviewed the hundreds of offensive communications sent to Judge Bruce Schroeder, and today we can reveal the extraordinary outpouring of vitriol that the high-profile trial has inspired.

One email, sent Wednesday, reads simply, 'Wow way to name a white skinhead hot head to be a judge. No wonder they burn down your city.'

Others calls for the 'racist' judge, the longest serving in the county, to be dismissed and disbarred.

A vile bunch.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2021, 11:47:39 AM »
Imagine being upset at a judge for... wait for it... usurping the role of judge!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2021, 01:06:51 PM »
1. The wisdom of providing the defense a basis for appealing every adverse ruling eludes me. Must be that chimeric superior Prog intellect DUpipo keep claiming.

2. May the hysterical desperation underlying Progs' outpouring of hate be rewarded by the acquittal they fear!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2021, 08:02:27 PM »
This is the leftist method, ad nauseum:

If it's going badly for your side, attack the perpetrator.

Over and over and over again, and make sure that the media falls in line with your chanting.

I'm pretty sure that approach is listed somewhere in Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2021, 09:50:13 PM »
This is the leftist method, ad nauseum:

If it's going badly for your side, attack the perpetrator.

Over and over and over again, and make sure that the media falls in line with your chanting.

I'm pretty sure that approach is listed somewhere in Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.

Found Alinsky's 12 Rules for Radicals, below.  Think the
one to which you are referring, is #8.

https://sliwainsights.com/saul-alinskys-12-rules-for-radicals/
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 10:01:29 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2021, 10:01:38 AM »
This Could've Been Kyle Rittenhouse: Kenosha Rioters Viciously Beat an Elderly Man Trying to Put Out Fires
https://www.westernjournal.com/couldve-kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-rioters-viciously-beat-elderly-man-trying-put-fires/

With the jury in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial set to begin deliberating next week, it’s important to look back at what happened to another man who was ruthlessly assaulted by a mob in the same city during that series of riots.

Robert Cobb, 71, was minding his own business when civil unrest enveloped the area near his home in Kenosha, Wisconsin, following the police shooting of Jacob Blake. Kenosha News reported Cobb did what he could to save the 100-year-old Danish Brotherhood Lodge after it was sacked by rioters.

Aug. 24, the night before Rittenhouse had run-ins with Anthony Huber, Joseph Rosenbaum and Gaige Grosskreutz, Cobb had attempted to protect the historic building with a fire extinguisher.

At one point, he began spraying rioters in the face with the fire extinguisher, as he would later explain, so that they might take off their masks and be filmed. He hoped that might identify them. He was hit in the head with concrete, suffered a broken jaw and needed stitches on his head.

Robert Cobb was putting out fires and was attacked.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2021, 10:11:04 AM »
Weapons charge dropped at Rittenhouse trial
https://news.yahoo.com/closing-arguments-kyle-rittenhouse-trial-130556010.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
Judge Bruce Schroeder on Monday dismissed a misdemeanor count Rittenhouse faced over whether he was a minor in possession of a firearm illegally. The defense argued the charge couldn't apply because of what they said is an exception in the law. The prosecution objected, but the judge sided with the defense's interpretation.
Good. We are looking at a clean sweep now.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2021, 11:19:08 AM »
Unfortunately, Robert Cobb didn't have an AR-15 (or Glock, or etc.) to discourage the thugs. His beating was part of the context for R having his AR-15.

From the little I've read, WI's gun laws are a bit convoluted due to historical evolution and accommodating hunting and such. Proggies, of course, do not care that R was actually in compliance with WI law, and neither, obviously, do Binger & Kraus.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.