Author Topic: Day by Day Rittenhouse Trial Coverage  (Read 8364 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Day by Day Rittenhouse Trial Coverage
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2021, 06:43:07 PM »
Since Rittenhouse shot and killed two morons, and wounded another moron, what's the likelihood of another Kenosha riot if he's found not guilty?

After all, no blacks were injured in any of this -- only whites.

Or do they just riot just because they can. And that's a statement, not a question.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2021, 06:47:19 PM »
BREAKING: Gaige Grosskreutz admits he saw mob attacking Kyle Rittenhouse and approached him with his gun drawn
https://thepostmillennial.com/gaige-grosskreutz-admits-he-saw-mob-attacking-kyle-rittenhouse-and-approached-him-with-gun-drawn?utm_campaign=64487

During Kyle Rittenhouse's trial on Tuesday, one of the men whom he shot that night, allegedly in self-defense, testified that he approached Rittenhouse with his Glock handgun in his hand.

The prosecutor showed video recordings from Aug. 25, 2020, the night in question. Gaige Grosskreutz testified that he had his weapon drawn when he approached Rittenhouse, after which Rittenhouse shot him in the shoulder.

"Did there come a time when you were running that you did pull your gun out?" The prosecutor asked. Grosskreutz said that he believed Rittenhouse was "an active shooter."

"Again, in the moment, I thought that the defendant was an active shooter. Having been not too far behind like you mentioned just about to come into the frame here," Grosskreutz said, referring to the video. "I had heard several more gunshots and again making inferences the defendant was the only one with a large caliber rifle. I'd seen an individual jump over the defendant, the defendant, heard two shots and then from there, saw another individual needs a skateboard to hit the defendant or hold the defendant—either way the individual hadn't made contact with the defendant with a skateboard and then from there I heard another shot..."

Gaige Grosskreutz admits he pointed a gun at Kyle Rittenhouse.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2021, 06:48:52 PM »
Since Rittenhouse shot and killed two morons, and wounded another moron, what's the likelihood of another Kenosha riot if he's found not guilty?

Or do they just riot just because they can. And that's a statement, not a question.

Christmas is coming and the rioters have alot of shopping to do....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2021, 07:21:11 PM »

They riot.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2021, 07:43:45 PM »
Christmas is coming and the rioters have alot of shopping SHOPLIFTING to do....

Fixed 'er for ya, my friend. :cheersmate:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2021, 08:29:25 PM »
Christmas is coming and the rioters have alot of shopping SHOPLIFTING LOOTING to do....

Fixed 'er for ya, my friend. :cheersmate:

fify.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2021, 08:31:41 PM »
shoplifting, looting...  they like to think of it as a lay-away plan...

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2021, 11:10:00 PM »
Kenosha Detective Admits Kyle Rittenhouse Only Shot People Chasing Him
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/08/watch-kenosha-detective-admits-kyle-rittenhouse-only-shot-people-chasing-him/
(video at link)
Kenosha Police Department Detective Ben Antaramian, a prosecution witness, admitted under cross-examination Monday that Kyle Rittenhouse only shot people who chased him through the streets during Black Lives Matter riots last Aug. 25.

Rittenhouse, who was 17 at the time, is on trial for murder and related charges after shooting and killing two people and wounding another rifle in a melee shortly before midnight. Rittenhouse’s lawyers say that he was acting in self-defense.

Earlier in the day, Gaige Grosskreutz, the man who was wounded and survived, admitted under cross-examination by defense attorney Corey Chirafisi that he had pulled his own gun first, and had pointed it at Rittenhouse, on the ground.

The prosecution then called Detective Antaramian, and Chirafisi went to work again, eliciting an admission that police declined to execute a search warrant on Grosskreutz, and that Rittenhouse had only shot people who were pursuing him.

Chirafisi systematically worked through the other possibilities: “You’d agree there are multiple times, based on the surrounding circumstances, that he doesn’t pull the trigger, right?” After Antaramian seemed reluctant to agree, Chirafisi cited an example in which an unarmed person ran up to Rittenhouse, and then stepped back, and the latter did not fire.

The cross-examination continued:

Chirafisi: You saw other people that were kind of — it wasn’t a two or three-person chase, there were multiple people kind of around Mr. Rittenhouse, some of them brandishing weapons, correct?

Antaramian: There were people — and there were people that were armed, absolutely.

Chirafisi: And those people who didn’t attack him — he didn’t fire at them, did he?

Antaramian: Correct.

Chirafisi: The only people that he fired at were people that had either kicked him, hit him with something, or pulled a gun on him when he’s running down Sheridan Road, right?

Antaramian: I would agree with that statement.

Chirafisi: And after he — initially, when he sees Gaige Grosskreutz, you’d agree when Mr. Grosskreutz’s hands are up, he doesn’t fire?

Chirafisi: There is a person —  to Mr. Grosskreutz’s — it would be his left — with a metal pipe. Do you remember that?

Antaramian: I don’t –earlier, you called it a wooden club — I don’t know that I’ve ever seen wooden, or — off, fairly off in the distance there’s a metal pipe, yes.

Chirafisi: So people who are armed, he doesn’t fire at any of those people, does he?

Chirafisi: After the shooting, I counted — and I don’t, I’m not asking you for the specific number — but there’s multiple shots fired after Mr. Rittenhouse fires his last shout, right?

Chirafisi: I counted ten, but there’s multiple, right?

Antaramian: Agreed.

Chirafisi: He never turns and fires in that direction, does he?

Antaramian: No.

Last year, then-candidate Joe Biden claimed, without evidence, that Rittenhouse was a white supremacist. No evidence to that effect has been presented to the court.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2021, 06:23:42 AM »
It'll be interesting to see  what happens when the prosecution rests and the defense presents its own witnesses.

Has there been any mention anywhere that they're going to put Rittenhouse on the stand? I would think not, but given the incompetency of the prosecution so far, maybe they will.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2021, 05:00:26 PM »
Judge Schroeder tears the prosecution (Binger) a new ass after Binger attempted to sway the jury regarding Rittenhouse's right to remain silent.

Binger said something to Rittenhouse during cross-examination along the lines of, "Since this is the first time you've told your story...." This, apparently, is a total no-no. They're not allowed to comment toward a defendant's right to silence.

Schroeder excused the jury and when they were out of the courtroom, he came unglued at Binger.

Defense motioned after the lunch break for the judge to declare a mistrial WITH PREJUDICE, meaning that the case could not be retried. Schroeder said he'd take it under advisement.

This case is starting to look more and more like something Hollyweird put together, except that Schroeder is not putting up with Binger's BS and has chastised him multiple times.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2021, 06:37:58 PM »
Couple other points that Binger brought up (this guy doesn't seem to understand that his ship is sinking):
  • Binger wants to query Rittenhouse about a selfie he took in front of a bar while wearing a t-shirt that read "Free as ****" FOUR MONTHS AFTER the incidents. Schroeder said Rittenhouse's behavior 4 months after the incident in question may not have been stellar, but was essentially irrelevant to what happened that night.
  • Similarly, Binger wants to query Rittenhouse about an interview he did with WaPo in which Rittenhouse discussed school activities, sports, swimming, etc. and did not comment toward the case except to say (paraphrased), "If I didn't have my gun that night I'd be dead."

It's pretty clear just watching Judge Schroeder's facial expressions toward Binger that Binger is treading on very thin ice. At the same time, I'm not getting the impression that Schroeder is a hard-ass.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2021, 06:52:57 PM »
I hope the judge does dismiss with prejudice. I don't trust the jury to not find him guilty just because they are afraid for their lives.  They no other juries have been outed after the cases are done.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2021, 07:01:15 PM »

Binger wants to query Rittenhouse about a selfie he took in front of a bar while wearing a t-shirt that read "Free as ****" FOUR MONTHS AFTER the incidents. Schroeder said Rittenhouse's behavior 4 months after the incident in question may not have been stellar, but was essentially irrelevant to what happened that night.

totally irrelevant to what happened that night and it also would be challenging Rittenhouse's right to freedom of speech and expression.

And the "free as ****" could have referred to anything.  Maybe the bar was giving away free drinks that night.  Maybe Rittenhouse was given the shirt thereby making it free as ****.

The prosecution is grasping at straws

Police lives matter.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2021, 07:14:41 PM »
...The prosecution is grasping at straws

They've been doing that for over a year now. Basically, their whole case has been a   :stoner: fantasy, suitable for consumption only by DU-grade leftists.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2021, 07:35:07 PM »
They've been doing that for over a year now. Basically, their whole case has been a   :stoner: fantasy, suitable for consumption only by DU-grade leftists.

Plenty of those jackoffs -- and a lot of them in the media.

One comment on "The Five" concerning this entire mess -- the shit started with Blake, a rapist holding a knife resulting in him getting shot. Politicians and the media collude to vilify the cops, which results in almost complete anarchy. Rittenhouse and his buddies answer the call to protect local businesses, provide medical care, and put out fires. Rittenhouse finds himself in a very dicey situation and defends himself.

Rittenhouse shouldn't have been there, and wouldn't have been there IF THE ****ING POLITICIANS HAD DONE THEIR JOB. As it is, he'll likely have to answer for his juvenile status and being armed with a rifle. Judge Jeanine said it was up to 9 months in the slammer for that offense.

This asshat Binger ran for DA once already and failed. He has political aspirations. Anybody paying attention to this clown show at all should run Binger out of Kenosha on a rail.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2021, 07:38:49 PM »
I hope the judge does dismiss with prejudice. I don't trust the jury to not find him guilty just because they are afraid for their lives.  They no other juries have been outed after the cases are done.

I'm concerned about the jury just being unduly biased against Rittenhouse in the first place. I'm hoping that perhaps they will things i the trial that make them realize they were fed falsehoods this whole time.

I saw one Twitter user who observed some of the jurors were paying close attention during Rittenhouse's testimony, and taking notes. I hope that means some of them are actually doing their due diligence.

One comment on "The Five" concerning this entire mess -- the shit started with Blake, a rapist holding a knife resulting in him getting shot. Politicians and the media collude to vilify the cops, which results in almost complete anarchy. Rittenhouse and his buddies answer the call to protect local businesses, provide medical care, and put out fires. Rittenhouse finds himself in a very dicey situation and defends himself.

Rittenhouse shouldn't have been there, and wouldn't have been there IF THE ****ING POLITICIANS HAD DONE THEIR JOB. As it is, he'll likely have to answer for his juvenile status and being armed with a rifle. Judge Jeanine said it was up to 9 months in the slammer for that offense.

This asshat Binger ran for DA once already and failed. He has political aspirations. Anybody paying attention to this clown show at all should run Binger out of Kenosha on a rail.

Agreed. If the media had covered the Jacob Blake shooting responsibly, then perhaps none of this would have happened. Maybe this rioting doesn't take place, and Rittenhouse and the others defending property don't see the need to pick up a gun.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 07:42:06 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2021, 08:01:20 PM »
They riot.

I agree, of course they will.  Any excuse to go out and start fires, break windows & rob businesses!!!

Fun, fun, fun, for them ...  :argh:

Plus lots of free expensive gifts for them in time for Christmas!  SCUM!!!
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »

Emphases on your post above are all mine. Hope you don't mind.

I saw the whole thing  on "The Five" tonight myself as well.

Other than the fact that he, as a minor being armed with a gun, is indeed an offence as Judge Jeanine said, and no doubt will spend time for that ...

I do not blame him for defending himself & shooting first. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 08:35:56 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2021, 10:33:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/AF632/status/1458563955522031616
"All he had was a handgun, why would you think he is a threat?"

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2021, 11:26:48 PM »
Tuckers summation of the day. VERY GOOD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxlfcErSYs

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2021, 03:19:25 AM »
Emphases on your post above are all mine. Hope you don't mind.

I saw the whole thing  on "The Five" tonight myself as well.

Other than the fact that he, as a minor being armed with a gun, is indeed an offence as Judge Jeanine said, and no doubt will spend time for that ...

I do not blame him for defending himself & shooting first.

Of course I don't mind! Tried to provide a synopsis of sorts; most of that argument about the abject failure of politicians aided by the media came from Watters. Amazingly, even Geraldo agreed that Rittenhouse defended himself, though he referred to him as a vigilante-type kid way out of his depth. I think it was Judge Jeanine who argued that KR acted nobly and in line with protecting his community, which is something that Geraldo can't identify with at all. <snark>  :-)

Assuming that the trial will go on (I suspect it will, with Schroeder denying the defense motion for a mistrial with prejudice) and Rittenhouse is convicted of the juvenile weapons charge and curfew violation charge, I have to believe he'll be sentenced to a fine and maybe community service. I can't see him getting jail time.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2021, 10:14:48 AM »
Interesting thought:

If he is being tried as an adult, how can he be convicted of juvenile gun charges?

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »
When you have absolutely nothing to discredit the witness so you start attacking them for getting a lawyer. Judge smackdown is incredible here. The witness has every right to get a lawyer.
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1458863640988340227
another judicial smackdown for Binger.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2021, 12:53:28 PM »
The prosecutor might as well be saying "Because of the defendant, a man can't even burn down a city in peace anymore anymore. What a country!".

Red Brick Suit (I think) said it best when Kyle was on the stand (paraphrased)

"The prosecution is doing a reverse Perry Mason where the defendant takes the stand and the prosecutor confesses."
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2021, 01:08:07 PM »
This gives a good, "For the want of a nail", summary of the whole Kenosha situation, https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/11/11/paul-waldmans-take-on-kyle-rittenhouse-is-missing-a-few-things-n428621 :

Paul Waldman's take on Kyle Rittenhouse is missing a few things

I am a conservative and here’s how I basically feel about this situation which clearly is tragic for everyone involved: I wish none of it had happened. I wish Jacob Blake had allowed himself to be arrested on the felony warrant he knew he had. I wish, barring that, the media had reported more accurately on why he faced arrest and why he was shot. And, barring that, I wish the police had pushed back on the violent rioters instead of letting them burn parts of downtown Kenosha. And I wish Kyle Rittenhouse had never gone to Kenosha to help do the job of standing up to rioters the police weren’t doing. And barring that, I wish his friend hadn’t given him the rifle. And I wish Joseph Rosenbaum had stayed in the hospital one more day so he wasn’t there to threaten people that night. And I wish Anthony Huber hadn’t become part of a mob and decided to smash Rittenhouse in the head with a skateboard and that Gaige Grosskreutz had left his gun at home and also hadn’t tried to be a hero. He too was trying to fill the vacuum of order left by the police. It feels like the whole situation could have been avoided if any number of things had gone just a little bit differently.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.