Author Topic: Day by Day Rittenhouse Trial Coverage  (Read 8530 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Day by Day Rittenhouse Trial Coverage
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2021, 11:32:14 AM »
Unfortunately, Robert Cobb didn't have an AR-15 (or Glock, or etc.) to discourage the thugs. His beating was part of the context for R having his AR-15.

From the little I've read, WI's gun laws are a bit convoluted due to historical evolution and accommodating hunting and such. Proggies, of course, do not care that R was actually in compliance with WI law, and neither, obviously, do Binger & Kraus.

Speaking of Kraus, anybody got any more recent info about this? From an AOL article dated Friday, 12 Nov:

Kenosha County Assistant District Attorney James Kraus said he planned to ask the judge to allow the jury to consider lesser charges - so-called lesser included offenses - on the counts involving the shootings of Huber and Grosskreutz, a move that would lower the burden of proof for conviction.
Michael F. Hart, a criminal defense lawyer in Milwaukee who has monitored the nearly two-week trial, said he could not recall a witness who was harmful to Rittenhouse's argument of self-defense. He said the prosecution's request, which must be approved by the judge, was not unusual in homicide cases.

Seems to me to be patently unfair to the defendant. AKA, "shifting the goalposts." The state should have only ONE SHOT at selecting the sheer number of charges available to them in virtually any venue, anywhere. After all, the f'n lawyers have had 230+ years to develop their database of criminal law and its precedents.

https://www.aol.com/news/prosecutor-rittenhouse-murder-trial-tangles-171721643-113257764.html
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2021, 01:09:42 PM »
Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog

For the Left, a lot of their analysis of the Rittenhouse case is founded on the assumption that the rioters had the moral right to destroy property as they pleased and anyone who tried to prevent them from doing so was infringing on those rights.
Lefty wanted to use this trial to criminalize any resistance to antifa.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2021, 03:41:34 PM »
Kenosha DA pointed a gun at the jury with his finger on the trigger

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2021, 03:43:55 PM »
Kenosha DA pointed a gun at the jury with his finger on the trigger

This is known as "pulling a Baldwin".

I feel like this perfectly sums up his performance in this trial. And that's what it was. A performance.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2021, 05:15:26 PM »

I feel like this perfectly sums up his performance in this trial. And that's what it was. A performance.

We shouldn't expect anything different, given the highly politicized nature of this trial that never should've happened. Charges should've never been levied.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2021, 05:35:24 PM »
We shouldn't expect anything different, given the highly politicized nature of this trial that never should've happened. Charges should've never been levied.

The court clerk would have perfectly within reason to laugh the DA's charges right out of his office the moment this leftist shill came in to file them.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2021, 06:19:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1460400336116404227
The prosecutor’s argument on closing is that #Rittenhouse should have dropped his weapon (for anyone to take) and fought for his life with his fists alone against multiple ARMED men and assume he’d just get beating. It helps if you have a thick layer of fat to protect you I guess
NO right to self defense whatsoever. THAT is what Democrats have in store for us.

And apparently having a bigger gun than someone else who has a gun is somehow grounds for not shooting them before they shoot you.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2021, 06:25:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1460400336116404227NO right to self defense whatsoever. THAT is what Democrats have in store for us.
well they have said in the past that if a woman feels she in danger of being attacked that she should pee her pants, so I guess that is a form of self defense...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2021, 06:41:10 PM »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2021, 06:56:19 PM »
The court clerk would have perfectly within reason to laugh the DA's charges right out of his office the moment this leftist shill came in to file them.

Not sure the court clerk can do that, but I see your point. More specifically, perhaps the clerk should've had Dumbass Binger bring the tagged weapon into the office and file it as evidence -- something the Dumbass failed to do.

I swear, you can't make this shit up. Charge for the unlawful weapon DISMISSED because Wisconsin law doesn't prohibit even a 17 year old from having a rifle with a barrel 16" or longer and longer than 26". Duh.

Little wonder that the judge threw that charge out. Now we have Binger waving a weapon around in a courtroom with a finger on the trigger. Major fail.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2021, 07:10:43 PM »
Little wonder that the judge threw that charge out. Now we have Binger waving a weapon around in a courtroom with a finger on the trigger. Major fail.

And yet - like all leftist scum - this guy almost certainly believes he's the smartest MF'er in the courtroom.  :thatsright:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2021, 07:38:34 PM »
And yet - like all leftist scum - this guy almost certainly believes he's the smartest MF'er in the courtroom.  :thatsright:

Not that I give a damn about Wisconsin and who they elect as their DA, but I'm hoping they can read the tea leaves and throw the sumbitch out on his ear.

Stupidity like he's shown shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2021, 08:00:47 PM »
Wow!  What a day!

I watched as much of this today as I could.   Barring an absolute miracle, my prediction of the verdict will be ...

GUILTY!   :argh:   Sad, sad!

Rittenhouse's chances of being acquitted are about the same as the fool Beto O'Rourke's, chances of becoming the  Governor of Texas.

I fear that the members of the jury will be extremely intimidated into not letting him go.

Dearly hope that I am wrong ...

But doubt it!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 08:17:08 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2021, 08:45:27 PM »
Dinesh DSouza

The jury should teach the prosecution, the media and the American Left a lesson by walking into the deliberation room, taking an immediate vote, and then acquitting Kyle Rittenhouse inside of 10 minutes. That would reverberate through American culture like an atomic bomb

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2021, 12:12:26 AM »

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2021, 12:59:55 AM »
My best guess is days and days of deliberation resulting in a hung jury and a second trial.  If he is acquitted that fascist Merrick Garland will charge him with federal civil rights charges. 
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2021, 05:01:21 AM »
Not that I give a damn about Wisconsin and who they elect as their DA...
You should, because lefty is trying to set a precedent for denying the use of force against their hordes of thugs and rioters.

We're lucky to have such an incompetent enemy. We won't get lucky forever.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2021, 07:22:48 AM »
lefty is trying to set a precedent for denying the use of force against their hordes of thugs and rioters.

:cheersmate:
Bingo. Hi5

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2021, 07:29:01 AM »
Wow!  What a day!

I watched as much of this today as I could.   Barring an absolute miracle, my prediction of the verdict will be ...

Rittenhouse's chances of being acquitted are about the same as the fool Beto O'Rourke's, chances of becoming the  Governor of Texas.

I fear that the members of the jury will be extremely intimidated into not letting him go.

But doubt it!

Curious as to what you saw.  I've only seen snippets of the prosecutors closing statements, but everything I saw was showing him having to admit that KR was being chased and threatened.  Not to mention from what I've read and seen it appears the prosecutor threw a whole bunch of outright lies out in his opening that were all proven to actually be lies.

Then the judge making the prosecutor admit the weapon KR was carrying was in fact, NOT illegal, in open court.

What have you seen that makes you think a reasonable person couldn't/wouldn't determine that KR was in fear for his life and acted accordingly, because as I understand it, that is the threshold in this case.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2021, 07:53:57 AM »
Wow!  What a day!

But doubt it!

If that happens it will be overturned by the judge on a directed verdict.  Both the facts and the law say Kyle was defending himself.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2021, 10:34:35 AM »
You should, because lefty is trying to set a precedent for denying the use of force against their hordes of thugs and rioters.

We're lucky to have such an incompetent enemy. We won't get lucky forever.

So-called precedents set in Wisconsin don't necessarily travel to the rest of the country.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2021, 10:38:27 AM »
If that happens it will be overturned by the judge on a directed verdict.  Both the facts and the law say Kyle was defending himself.

The prosecution was so worried about not having a conviction on anything that they motioned for new, lesser charges, with a lower burden of proof.

From what I've read, that could be a problem for the defense.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2021, 10:41:08 AM »

Played like someone who has never held a real gun in their life.  Given recent events, if I was in the courtroom, I very well might have yelled "Everybody get down" and hit the floor myself just to draw attention to his foolishness.  Even with no clip, one round hiding in the chamber is all it takes.

I've seen a few "cleared" guns that ran a zip tie though the chamber and the feed as a visual sign that the gun was safe, but I see no such signs here, and not positive if that could be done with an AR. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2021, 11:21:43 AM »
Prosecutor Claims Rittenhouse Lost Right to Self-Defense by Bringing Gun
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/16/prosecutor-rittenhouse-self-defense-gun/

In other words:
You lose you right to self defense if you can actually defend yourself.
If a rioting mob of hooligans attacks you, it's your fault for being there.
It is a woman's fault if she is raped...

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2021, 11:28:56 AM »

Rekieta Law • 2h ago • 97,293 votes
Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict
Guilty
3%
Not Guilty
71%
Hung Jury
15%
Compromise Verdict - mix of G & NG