Author Topic: Day by Day Rittenhouse Trial Coverage  (Read 8595 times)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
Re: Day by Day Rittenhouse Trial Coverage
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2021, 11:56:53 AM »

Curious as to what you saw.  I've only seen snippets of the prosecutors closing statements, but everything I saw was showing him having to admit that KR was being chased and threatened.  Not to mention from what I've read and seen it appears the prosecutor threw a whole bunch of outright lies out in his opening that were all proven to actually be lies.

Then the judge making the prosecutor admit the weapon KR was carrying was in fact, NOT illegal, in open court.

What have you seen that makes you think a reasonable person couldn't/wouldn't determine that KR was in fear for his life and acted accordingly, because as I understand it, that is the threshold in this case.

KC

My answer will surprise you.

The prosecutor made so many mistakes during the trial (many called out by the judge) that it is to laugh.  But that didn't stop him.  Yesterday, he showed that he knew nothing about how to handle guns, and pointed it at the jury ...

Giving them the feeling (loaded or not) of the fear of being in the crosshairs of a firearm.  Point in favor of the defense.

He also made more mistakes/lies  than that, but I will not bother to list them.

In fact, I think the defense put forth a very convincing job of showing KR's act of self-defense. 

"What have you seen that makes you think a reasonable person couldn't/wouldn't determine that KR was in fear for his life and acted accordingly, because as I understand it, that is the threshold in this case."

That is my problem ...

I do not have faith that *all* members of any jury chosen, are reasonable individuals, and it only takes one to disagree.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 12:05:52 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2021, 12:30:51 PM »
Played like someone who has never held a real gun in their life.  Given recent events, if I was in the courtroom, I very well might have yelled "Everybody get down" and hit the floor myself just to draw attention to his foolishness.  Even with no clip, one round hiding in the chamber is all it takes.

I've seen a few "cleared" guns that ran a zip tie though the chamber and the feed as a visual sign that the gun was safe, but I see no such signs here, and not positive if that could be done with an AR.

In the picture above I see no zip tie or anything else going through the chamber and out of the magazine well, AND the bolt is forward! 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2021, 01:06:00 PM »
... I very well might have yelled "Everybody get down" and hit the floor myself just to draw attention to his foolishness.

Would that someone had! Back in ancient times (LBJ was POTUS) when I took a Hunter's Safety course one of the several basic safety rules I was taught was to always open the bolt or break open (e.g. a double-barrel shotgun) a gun before handing it to someone.

Binger & Kraus should be disbarred ... for stupidity and incompetence!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2021, 01:34:44 PM »
Binger & Kraus should be disbarred ... for stupidity and incompetence!

And a litany of other things. Pointing the gun was just icing on the cake.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2021, 01:42:11 PM »
My answer will surprise you.

The prosecutor made so many mistakes during the trial (many called out by the judge) that it is to laugh.  But that didn't stop him.  Yesterday, he showed that he knew nothing about how to handle guns, and pointed it at the jury ...

Giving them the feeling (loaded or not) of the fear of being in the crosshairs of a firearm.  Point in favor of the defense.

He also made more mistakes/lies  than that, but I will not bother to list them.

In fact, I think the defense put forth a very convincing job of showing KR's act of self-defense. 

That is my problem ...

I do not have faith that *all* members of any jury chosen, are reasonable individuals, and it only takes one to disagree.

When you've done such a bad job of prosecuting your case you have to tell the jury that the defendant should have been willing to take an ass whupping, up to and including the point of being beaten to death, rather than pull the trigger ... I think you've messed up.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2021, 01:48:12 PM »

In the picture above I see no zip tie or anything else going through the chamber and out of the magazine well, AND the bolt is forward! 

KC

Yep, and such devices are usually bright yellow or orange so they're visible. Binger also actually made the argument that Grosskreutz's having pointed his Glock at KR wasn't enough of a threat -- presumably because it was "only" a pistol. The level of stoopid in that guy is amazing.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2021, 01:53:33 PM »
Yep, and such devices are usually bright yellow or orange so they're visible. Binger also actually made the argument that Grosskreutz's having pointed his Glock at KR wasn't enough of a threat -- presumably because it was "only" a pistol. The level of stoopid in that guy is amazing.

Yeah, the parts of the trial I actually got to watch, that guy was really hard to listen to.  Condescending, making arguments that had no bearing, and as you just mentioned, making arguments that make no sense. 

Then to basically say that no citizen has the right to 'take matters into their own hands' like ... running to help put out a fire because "you're not a fireman", Lord have mercy!  I guess he doesn't think you should break up a fight between people because you're not a cop, or stop to help someone having a medical emergency, or put a bandaid on a cut, because you're not a paramedic.

These are the people who believe (and that is BELIEVE) the government is here to help and take care of you from cradle to grave!  Scary stuff.

KC

*Stolen

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2021, 02:18:04 PM »

These are the people who believe (and that is BELIEVE) the government is here to help and take care of you from cradle to grave!  Scary stuff.

KC

More than scary ...

This government is bound & determined to rid its citizens of all guns.  Self-defense be damned!

:edit:  Not to mention, what then, would become of our Second Amendment Rights?  Hopefully none of us, our children/grandchildren will be around to have to deal with it!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:57:17 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2021, 02:43:33 PM »

Yeah, the parts of the trial I actually got to watch, that guy was really hard to listen to.  Condescending, making arguments that had no bearing, and as you just mentioned, making arguments that make no sense. 

Then to basically say that no citizen has the right to 'take matters into their own hands' like ... running to help put out a fire because "you're not a fireman", Lord have mercy!  I guess he doesn't think you should break up a fight between people because you're not a cop, or stop to help someone having a medical emergency, or put a bandaid on a cut, because you're not a paramedic.

KC

Binger is the kind of scumbag that starts his phone to video a rape when it's occurring right in front of him. Never would give a thought to stopping it -- just record it.

Where do these f'n idiots come from? I just don't understand that mindset -- rather than stopping (or at least attempting to stop) a violent act, just record it.  :whatever:

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2021, 05:43:17 PM »
Rumor, two jurors are holding out. They are afraid of being doxed by antifa/BLM.
the live feed is the judge reading Jeopardy questions to the jury.

Nuthin will happen tonight it seems.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2021, 05:48:30 PM »
Judge in the court room.
They are taking a break for the evening and will be back at 9 tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 05:51:09 PM by Mr Mannn »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2021, 05:49:53 PM »
Rumor, two jurors are holding out. They are afraid of being doxed by antifa/BLM.

This shit has to stop!  If this is true this is what screws up the justice system. There are lots of legal decisions I’ve disagreed with over the years, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to subvert the Justice system by threatening jurors who saw things differently than I did. They were in the jury!

KC

*Stolen

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2021, 05:59:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FT_XYgMoIk
Very Concerning Update From Kyle Rittenhouse Jury As Tempers Flare Outside!

11 minute video about the jury intimidation (antifa threat to dox)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2021, 06:02:46 PM »
If they know the jurors won’t vote the way they want to, those jurors should be removed and replaced with an alternate.

This is bullshit.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2021, 06:15:26 PM »
The judge could also issue a mistrial with prejudice. That means Kyle cannot be tried on those charges again.
The mistrial would be based on jury tampering by antifa/BLM.

Further the guy who was caught filming the jury needs to be arrested.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2021, 06:31:46 PM »
BREAKING: 'Jump Kick Man' who attacked Kyle Rittenhouse identified as violent career criminal
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-jump-kick-man-who-attacked-kyle-rittenhouse-identified-as-violent-career-criminal

The mysterious "Jump Kick Man" talked about during the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, the man that was labeled as the one that stomped Rittenhouse's head when he fell to the ground, has been identified as a Kenosha man with an extensive criminal history spanning decades.

Jump Kick Man was given the name during the second incident on August 25, 2020 that led to Rittenhouse fatally shooting Anthony Huber and wounding Gaige Grosskreutz. While running from a crowd of people, Rittenhouse tripped and fell. During this moment, Jump Kick Man allegedly ran up and stomped on the then 17-year-old's head.

Rittenhouse fired two shots at the man, but missed. It was after these shots that Huber reportedly hit Rittenhouse in the head with his skateboard. Rittenhouse fired a single shot that killed Huber. Following that, Grosskreutz reportedly approached Rittenhouse with his hands up. When Rittenhouse looked away for a second, Grosskreutz pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the teen. That was when Rittenhouse shot Grosskreutz.

The Dan O'Donnell Show has revealed that Jump Kick Man is a 40-year-old black male from Kenosha, Wisconsin. His name has been withheld "as he has not been criminally charged in connection with the Rittenhouse case," according to the radio show host.

He has not been charged yet.

According to O'Donnell, "At this point, Jump Kick Man had been sentenced to probation in three different cases and violated the terms of that probation every single time. Still, a judge last June sentenced him to probation yet again...and yet again he violated the terms of that probation earlier this year."

"He likely should have been in jail, though, and was not only because he received yet another break from the Kenosha County criminal justice system. In a very real sense, this break may have indirectly led to the death of Anthony Huber and shooting of Gaige Grosskreutz," he added.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2021, 07:15:41 PM »

Rats!  Once again can not access all that you posted!   :argh:

"They are afraid of being doxed by antifa/BLM."

That is exactly the point to which I was referring, in my post #87, on page #4 above re being intimidated.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 07:24:10 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2021, 07:40:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1460776210770841605
Leftist protesters have signs calling convicted child sex offender Joseph Rosenbaum & convicted domestic abuser Anthony Huber, “heroes” outside the courthouse in #Kenosha.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2021, 08:51:33 PM »

That could be grounds for appeal if Kyle Rittenhouse is found guilty. They should of kept the jurors' identity completely secret. I know that is happened with other cases.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 09:26:30 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2021, 10:32:01 PM »
Well, I wasn't expecting anything more until the morning, but...

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1460816537812668425

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2021, 01:20:45 AM »
Motion to dismiss with prejudice has been filed.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2021, 05:50:18 AM »
Well, I wasn't expecting anything more until the morning, but...

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1460816537812668425

Wow.  That prosecutor should be punished.  The dude is a total ass and it looks like he was willing to do anything, including lying and cheating, to get what he wanted.

KC

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2021, 08:26:13 AM »

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2021, 08:29:45 AM »
Steven Crowder
We need a society where those who dare to assault, loot and burn… live in greater fear than those who don’t.
https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/1460958528064139265

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2021, 01:38:21 PM »
The jury is deliberating the case and the defense just now submits a motion for a mistrial with prejudice?

Seems kinda backasswards to me. Besides, after Binger was reprimanded at least twice for his antics, the defense announced at that time that they would file or were going to file a motion for mistrial with prejudice, whereupon the judge said he'd take it under advisement.

What happens if the jury comes back with a verdict and the judge hasn't responded to the motion? Is the verdict heard? What happens if the jury finds him guilty on one or more charges? Does that vacate the defense motion?

:shrug: