Author Topic: Friday Follies (and how I triggered a few woke-tards on Reddit)  (Read 442 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Friday Follies (and how I triggered a few woke-tards on Reddit)
« on: November 05, 2021, 10:06:45 AM »
Similar to Facebook, I don't post anything political on Reddit.  Joined it a few years ago for a few smallish sports specific groups.

Copied and pasted a baseball story in one group recently.  While summarizing the details since not everyone is going to read the link, I referred to "The team formerly known as the Cleveland Indians".  A couple of woke lefties kept badgering me for even calling them that.  The phrase I typed is entirely accurate, both factually and grammatically, and would even be journalistically acceptable.

The Hall of Fame baseball player Napoleon Lajoie played and managed the Cleveland Naps (named after him), so that is historically correct.  Albert Belle, Kenny Lofton, and Manny Ramirez each played for the Cleveland Indians (as such named as the time) and no one is going to yet re-write the history books.

As a bit of fun, I typed in the line from Sgt. Hulka in the movie "Stripes": Lighten up, Francis.

Happy Friday all!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Friday Follies (and how I triggered a few woke-tards on Reddit)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 10:44:28 AM »
Give 'em Hell, Mr. Wiggum.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 03:56:28 PM »
Give 'em Hell, Mr. Wiggum.

Thanks Frank.  I know where and when to hold my tongue, but even i innocuous minor micro aggressive words can set off the lefties.  And I delight sprinkling them in when appropriate.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 06:59:39 AM »
Go to one of Reddit's political subreddits and post anything remotely middle of the road and what the hell that ensues from both sides.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 07:39:03 PM »
Go to one of Reddit's political subreddits and post anything remotely middle of the road and what the hell that ensues from both sides.

Part of the reason I just stick with the topics at hand on the few subreddits that I follow rather than inject politics.  Because it will do nothing but enrage the Blue Checkmark brigade lackeys, regardless of what online platform one visits.

The libs I know in real life are far more normal and rational than the anonymous folks hiding behind screen names.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 07:56:29 AM »

The libs I know in real life are far more normal and rational than the anonymous folks hiding behind screen names.

That's why I always specify between libs, moonbats and proggies.  There are reasonable liberal thinking folks out there, then there are the bat guano crazy brown shirt moonbats (DU and the blue check brigade) and at the top are the proggies, pulling strings and caring only about whatever will line their pockets and increase their power. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.