Author Topic: Biden Considers Paying Border Crossers $450K Each in Reparations  (Read 765 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/28/report-biden-considers-paying-border-crossers-450k-each-in-reparations/
President Joe Biden’s administration is considering a plan that would give border crossers, who were subjected to former President Donald Trump’s “Zero Tolerance” policy, about $450,000 each in a reparations-style payout.

Trump had instituted the Zero Tolerance policy at the United States-Mexico border in 2018 to reduce illegal immigration. The policy, as Breitbart News reported at the time, had been effective since at least before 2001.

As a result of the policy, adult border crossers were often put into separate holding facilities from the children they arrived with at the southern border. Since then, the border crossers who were subjected to the policy have sued the federal government.

The Biden administration, the Wall Street Journal reveals, is now weighing whether to provide those border crossers with $450,000 each as part of a payout in the lawsuits filed.

In some instances, a migrant family could secure about $1 million from such a payout, more than some of the American families received following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. The payout, overall, could cost American taxpayers more than $1 billion.

The Journal reports:

The Biden administration is in talks to offer immigrant families that were separated during the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensation, according to people familiar with the matter, as several agencies work to resolve lawsuits filed on behalf of parents and children who say the government subjected them to lasting psychological trauma. [Emphasis added]

The U.S. Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services are considering payments that could amount to close to $1 million a family, though the final numbers could shift, the people familiar with the matter said. Most of the families that crossed the border illegally from Mexico to seek asylum in the U.S. included one parent and one child, the people said. Many families would likely get smaller payouts, depending on their circumstances, the people said. [Emphasis added]

…

In another instance, a Department of Homeland Security attorney involved in the settlement talks complained on a conference call that the payouts could amount to more than some families of 9/11 victims received, one person said. Other people said senior departmental officials were in alignment on the amount and disputed the 9/11 comparison, given that the U.S. government hadn’t been responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. The 9/11 victim compensation fund averaged awards to the dead of around $2 million, tax-free, at the time an unprecedented payout, the administrator of the fund has said. [Emphasis added]

“It would be unthinkable to pay damages to a burglar who broke into your home for the ‘psychological trauma’ they endured during the crime,” Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) said in a statement. “And yet the Biden administration wants to reward migrants who illegally entered our country with up to $450,000 each for just that reason.”

“The Biden administration’s promises of citizenship and entitlement programs have already caused the worst border crisis in history — a huge cash reward will make it even worse. This is the height of insanity,” Cotton said.

In their lawsuits, border crossers allege that their separation from the children they arrived with at the U.S.-Mexico border spurred mental health issues and trauma that they have struggled to overcome.

Lawyers for the border crossers want around $3.4 million per family unit.

Such settlements have occurred in recent years. For example, in June 2019, a family of Honduran border crossers won $125,000 in damages after they filed a lawsuit claiming the federal government had mistreated them when holding them in detention facilities.

In May, reports circulated that as part of such a settlement with border crossers subjected to the Zero Tolerance policy, the Biden administration would fly deported illegal aliens back to the U.S. and provide them with amnesty to remain in the country, as well as payments and social services.

They hold January 6 protesters in a gulag indefinitely in horrendous conditions, destroying the lives and livelihoods of the Patriots inside while they release millions of illegal invaders and pay them each half a million $ of our tax money. And if you don’t pay your taxes they’ll take your possessions and throw you in jail.

Our founders started the revolution for MUCH MUCH LESS TYRANNY.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Biden Considers Paying Border Crossers $450K Each in Reparations
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 07:50:38 PM »
Please tell me this is a Babylon Bee article...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 08:09:50 PM »
Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
·
43m
Holy Shit!!! The Democrats insane. You lost your business, your job, family members whose funerals you couldn’t attend. The IRS wants to audit you if you had $600 in your bank account the government gave you $2000, but if you’re inconvenienced coming here illegally $450,000 EACH!
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1453880471121715202

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 08:15:40 PM »
What will the blacks say when they see another ethnic group of people who don't even belong here get reparations before they do?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 08:55:38 PM »
What will the blacks say when they see another ethnic group of people who don't even belong here get reparations before they do?

Don't know what they'll say, but I sense another round of burning, looting and mayhem in proximity to several urban Best Buy locations in the near future.

Isn't Christmas coming up soon?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 07:59:08 AM »
Madness.

Complete and total madness.

They're doing everything that they can in an attempt to provoke us.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 10:34:41 AM »
This is just fodder to push for more welfare reparations for black people.

No reparations for any slave descendant unless they leave the US and are never allowed to return.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 10:43:15 AM »
This is just fodder to push for more welfare reparations for black people.

No reparations for any slave descendant unless they leave the US and are never allowed to return can show proof of actual time served themselves as a slave.

Fixed 'er for ya, my friend.  :cheersmate:
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 10:46:12 AM »

And still have to leave the country. And only people that owned slaves would have to pay.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 10:49:59 AM »
What's that, dems? I heard "We want Donald Trump to be president again."

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 01:30:51 PM »

What about the Hispanic population that came here legally and jumped through all the required hoops?
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 03:19:22 PM »
What about the Hispanic population that came here legally and jumped through all the required hoops?

DNC: "Screw em. They did everything the lawful way. We only care for the criminals and lawbreakers, not the law abiding citizens of America."
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2021, 09:20:18 AM »

No reparations for any slave descendant unless they leave the US and are never allowed to return can show proof of actual time served themselves as a slave.

Excellent point re fixin' it Starship Captain and all around
Hero Member ,   :-)   Defiant One!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 09:22:39 AM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2021, 10:00:06 AM »
Sigh.

Doesn't Gropey Joe and his Gang of Thugs ever get tired of buying votes with other people's money?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2021, 10:54:26 AM »
Do these illegals even have legal standing in their bullshit lawsuit considering that they voluntarily crossed the border knowing that they were committing an illegal act?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020