Author Topic: Blinken Blinked  (Read 651 times)

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Blinken Blinked
« on: September 13, 2021, 05:20:34 PM »
5-minutes of allotted time apiece.

The first four Republican questioners on the House Foreign Affairs Committee flopped...  Who is this guy McCaul who's been on every Conservative news-program since August 26th, all angry and huffy about getting to the bottom of the botched pullout?  What a soft non-factor...  Another Repub asked 8-questions in a row... ready-made for Blinken to run out the clock.

But after the first four... WHAM!  Blinken was blindsided by a yes-or-no question about him being interviewed by the FBI over Hunter's laptop and why was the FBI interviewing State Department staff... ?

Blinken never recovered his composure.  He was hammered hard after that, backing himself into hypocrisy-corner after hypocrisy-corner... mostly over the Biden-phonecall and the origin of the term:  'highly unlikely'.

Tomorrow's Senate-hearing could be quite revealing. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Blinken Blinked
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 05:28:43 PM »
OK, if Blinken blinked (and I have no reason to doubt your analysis), what's the end result?

Impeachment resolution on Blinken has been submitted in the House. Where's that going, Congress?

Sorry to have to say this, but most congressional investigations are political theater designed to make those investigating look like Prosecutor Trey Gowdy.

In the end, these things go nowhere.

Change my mind, please. I'd love to have some faith in Congress but I've become entirely too jaded after watching the clown show year after year after year.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 10:09:31 AM »
The end-result is the immediate result and the immediate result is the end-result. 

Stay big-picture.  It's the unraveling of a tapestry.  Congress's strengths and weaknesses are pulling against each-other in a time-constrained public forum, where theater is expected and necessary.  I can do here, what's happening in a Hearing...  Inform you that your rant can be seen as a complaint that Congress was too disorganized to impeach President Trump. 

" Sorry, but I see that the gentleman's time has expired... "

leaving you to scramble and re-articulate your opinion as CC-readers take note.

Especially now, with journalism dead, I'm going-for any outlet for potential truth-unraveling where I can find it.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 11:05:40 AM »
The end-result is the immediate result and the immediate result is the end-result. 

Stay big-picture.  It's the unraveling of a tapestry.  Congress's strengths and weaknesses are pulling against each-other in a time-constrained public forum, where theater is expected and necessary.  I can do here, what's happening in a Hearing...  Inform you that your rant can be seen as a complaint that Congress was too disorganized to impeach President Trump. 

" Sorry, but I see that the gentleman's time has expired... "

leaving you to scramble and re-articulate your opinion as CC-readers take note.

Especially now, with journalism dead, I'm going-for any outlet for potential truth-unraveling where I can find it.

Please stop being cryptic and put in plain English what your point is. I'm too damned old to try and figure out what the **** you're talking about.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 02:51:32 PM »
Change my mind, please. I'd love to have some faith in Congress but I've become entirely too jaded after watching the clown show year after year after year.

:yeahthat:
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire