Author Topic: Former Obama White House advisor arrested for allegedly stealing hundreds of tho  (Read 613 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-obama-white-house-advisor-022540735.html

Former Obama White House advisor arrested for allegedly stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from charter schools he founded

A former senior advisor in the Obama White House allegedly stole more than $200,000 from a charter school network he founded and tried to launder the stolen money in order to get a lower interest rate on a Manhattan apartment mortgage, according to the Department of Justice.

Seth Andrew, 42, who worked as a senior advisor in the Office of Educational Technology at the White House under Obama, was arrested and charged Tuesday with wire fraud, money laundering, and making false statements to a bank.

Andrew founded Democracy Prep Public Schools, a system of more than 20 New York City-based public charter schools in 2005, according to federal prosecutors. He left the network in 2013 to take a job at the US Department of Education before heading to the White House, where he stayed until November 2016.

<SNIP>

The alleged fraud, money laundering, and "misrepresentations" were all an attempt by Andrew to obtain savings on a mortgage for a multimillion-dollar Manhattan apartment, prosecutors said. Without the stolen Democracy Prep funds, prosecutors say Andrew would not have been able to take full advantage of the bank's discounted interest rate promotion.

I've been watching that story for a few days.  I have looked for it at the DUmp, but they don't seem to have it.  Anyone care to share?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Making false statements to a bank is a crime?

Since when do banks act as an agent of the government? We all know that if you lie to the FBI or to Congress, especially in a deposition or in testimony, you can go to jail -- well, except for Hillary, of course. She gets a pass.

Seems to me if you lie to a bank and they approve a mortgage, for example, they can call the mortgage due and that takes care of that.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Former Obama White House advisor arrested for allegedly stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from charter schools he founded

Democrats being democrats.    :shrug:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne