Author Topic: Cruz wins Iowa GOP caucuses; Clinton, Sanders race too close to call  (Read 1537 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

exas Sen. Ted Cruz swept to victory over Donald Trump in Iowa’s Republican caucuses Monday night — with Marco Rubio hard on his heels with a re-energized campaign — while Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders were locked in a virtual dead heat in the Democratic contest.

With all but 10 precincts reporting in the Democratic race early Tuesday, Clinton had 49.9 percent of the vote, while Sanders had 49.6 percent.

Iowa Democratic Party officials said early Tuesday that they were still gathering results from some precincts where those in charge failed to report results in a timely manner.

In at least three precincts, the Democratic outcome was so close that party officials ordered a coin toss to determine which candidate should receive an extra county convention delegate, a longstanding tiebreaking method. The Des Moines Register reported that Clinton won all three coin flips at precincts in Des Moines, Davenport, and Ames.

Regardless of the final outcome, the result reflected a strong showing for Sanders, who had trailed Clinton by nearly 30 points over the summer. Sanders said the results sent a “profound message” to the media and political establishment.

Cruz, too, cast his victory as a message to the establishment.

“Tonight is a victory for the grassroots. Tonight is a victory for courageous conservatives across Iowa and all across this great nation,” Cruz told cheering supporters.

Speaking to supporters at Drake University, Clinton still sounded optimistic about the final result but did not declare victory outright.

“As I stand here tonight, breathing a big sigh of relief, thank you Iowa. I want you to know that I’ll keep standing up for you, keep fighting for you. Join me. Let’s go win that nomination,” she said.

Early Tuesday, Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon declared victory of sorts, saying, "we believe strongly that we won tonight." Spokeswoman Jennifer Palmieri added, "We feel like we have great momentum going into [the] New Hampshire [primary Feb. 9]. This was a very hard fought state."

Sanders noted that Iowa's 44 Democratic national convention delegates would be distributed almost evenly between the two candidates. The Associated Press reported that Clinton had captured at least 22 delegates to Sanders' 21, with one left to be decided.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/02/cruz-wins-iowa-gop-caucuses-clinton-sanders-race-too-close-to-call.html?intcmp=hpbt1
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
Re: Cruz wins Iowa GOP caucuses; Clinton, Sanders race too close to call
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:23:57 AM »
Now it's time for a candidate to break the 'Iowa Curse'....

Cruz '16!

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 09:51:04 AM »
I was soooo hoping Trump would come in 3rd...maybe it would shut him up.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 09:53:04 AM »
I was soooo hoping Trump would come in 3rd...maybe it would shut him up.

You came within a whisker of getting your wish.

I rowed over to the cesspool that is the comments section at Breitbart...they sound as bad over there as the Hillions talking about cheating and alleged Cruz dirty deeds and trying to rally the troops to win in New Hampshire.

There was much butt hurt among the Trumpbots.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 09:56:54 AM »

I rowed over to the cesspool that is the comments section at Breitbart...they sound as bad over there as the Hillions talking about cheating and alleged Cruz dirty deeds and trying to rally the troops to win in New Hampshire.

Yea to me Trump is nothing more than a white Obama that has a job, not much else is any different.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:11:41 AM »
DU is having fits too. They've feared real conservatives ever since Reagan.

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 12:28:42 PM »

Yup.

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 12:29:21 PM »

It's as bad as the Trumpbots saying "Trump won" because he got second after barely putting any effort into Iowa.

Keep those rose colored glasses on...

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 02:29:33 PM »

The most left leaning establishment republicans are "far right" as far as  DUmmies are concerned.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 04:40:32 PM »
I am a huge Cruz supporter and certainly last night was a victory for Cruz.  Iowa is just the beginning.  More than anything I would strongly encourage anyone that can ... to please go to his website  (Ted Cruz.org) and sign up to volunteer.  Phone calls, passing out literature door to door, etc., etc.  He had a lot of volunteers in Iowa and it paid off. 

Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America! 
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.